Padded clothing for children | Golden Skate

Padded clothing for children

GBs mom

Rinkside
Any recommendations for padded clothing for kids? Also, most of what I've seen are padded shorts. Do you wear those over skating pants or tights?

VegMom

On the Ice
Padded shorts and helmets or padded headwear is common. Some kids also wear knee pads.

My son prefers to wear his padded shorts UNDER his skate pants but most girls wear them OVER their skate pants/tights. I know some other boys also prefer them UNDER. They can be worn either way. If the skate pants are tight and form fitting then over is better. If they're looser and fit more like baggy sweat pants or joggers then under is better. But obviously it's mostly about the skater's comfort.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
As a junior male training triple jumps, I wear snowboard or ski pads over my trousers. If not recommend using pads until double axel and triples, as you need to learn how to fall properly and safely, as well as the fact you need to learn how to be less afraid of the ice or you can’t make it when it comes to harder elements. At the end of the day, everybody is different and it’s not a “one rule fits all”. Furthermore, it is important to note that standalone pads can fall down the trouser legs, but the shorts limit flexibility and range of motion. Either way you make compromises to comfortability and/or flexibility. Try a few different ways and see what works for you :).

herpawearo

Spectator
I am also looking for such clothes for children, thanks for the recommendations. Well, I am not only new to this forum, but also to figure skating. We managed to enroll in a figure skating school before the quarantine, and then it closed. But we are waiting for the reopening of the school, and in the meantime we are preparing necessary equipment for our daughter. And we have already encountered some difficulties. I realized that choosing clothes for myself is much easier than looking for equipment for my daughter to practice figure skating. When I buy something for myself, I open the site of my favorite online store, look for new hot deals, make a couple of clicks and get my order in a few days. While buying everything you need for figure skating takes more time and effort. But I hope that on this forum I will find a lot of tips and recommendations on the subject of figure skating clothes.