2019-20 British & Irish Figure Skating | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2019-20 British & Irish Figure Skating

Andrea82

Medalist
Rebecca Clarke/Frank Roselli achieved the minimum technical scores for Europeans at Andorra Open this weekend.
It may be important given Tweedale/Buckland have withdrawn from a couple of competitions this fall and from Nationals.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
They withdrew? I hadn’t seen that. I hope they’re not injured.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I wonder who will win the pairs...

I'm not sure. Who do you think?

Seriously, though, it is rather amusing the choices the BBC have made for who to put in the cover photos. Yesterday we had Natasha McKay, and today we have PJ Hallam. Yet, their competitions don't even get started until tomorrow! :laugh:

So, what's the betting that Zoe and Chris will be our cover stars tomorrow, and Lilah and Lewis on Sunday?

Anyway, Day 2 coverage is about to start on the BBC Sport website. Today we have the Free Skates of the competitions which had their Short Programmes yesterday, in the same order.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/winter-sports/50468115

EDIT: The start was delayed by 10 minutes until 13:40 GMT, due to "technical problems with the ice" (Claire's words). Interesting...​

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Day 3 of the British Championships is about to start. Today we have the Short Programmes for the Senior Pairs and Singles skating categories, and for all the levels of Ice Dance.

We're starting off with the Senior Pairs SP, and it will be followed straight afterwards by the Senior Ladies SP (can't believe we only have 6 entries in Senior Ladies. :disapp: )

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/winter-sports/50422343

David King is currently alongside Claire Youdale for the Pairs.

EDIT: It may have been a very short stint in the commentary box for David, due to Pairs only having one entry, but it was definitely worth getting him in the chair. Now that we are back to the Singles skating, Matthew Parr has returned.​

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Thank you for posting the links to the results page. I'm very curious to see how Brown/Hernandez do in junior dance. I figure Fear/Waddell will probably win it, but I like B/H.

Dance looks like it's definitely on the upswing in GB and NI (see, Gordan, I didn't forget!).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm not sure. Who do you think?

Seriously, though, it is rather amusing the choices the BBC have made for who to put in the cover photos. Yesterday we had Natasha McKay, and today we have PJ Hallam. Yet, their competitions don't even get started until tomorrow! :laugh:

So, what's the betting that Zoe and Chris will be our cover stars tomorrow, and Lilah and Lewis on Sunday?

Anyway, Day 2 coverage is about to start on the BBC Sport website. Today we have the Free Skates of the competitions which had their Short Programmes yesterday, in the same order.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/winter-sports/50468115

EDIT: The start was delayed by 10 minutes until 13:40 GMT, due to "technical problems with the ice" (Claire's words). Interesting...​

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Hmm sounds like someone heard "Ice Drink" instead of "Ice Rink" and only provided cubes...

:hap57:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you for posting the links to the results page. I'm very curious to see how Brown/Hernandez do in junior dance. I figure Fear/Waddell will probably win it, but I like B/H.

Dance looks like it's definitely on the upswing in GB and NI (see, Gordan, I didn't forget!).

Unfortunately there aren't any of us competing in Sheffield this year. :disapp:

But, I had to laugh. Ever since we were kids, my best friend has never been able to remember how to spell my name. And "Gordan" is what I usually get from him. So, seeing you do the same brought a smile to my face. :)

Anyway, all the Ice Dance competitions are being held in succession (looking at the entry numbers, I assume the resurfacings will be either side of the Juniors). They start in just over 50 minutes with the Advanced Novice Pattern Dances.

But, I did think it strange that the Dancers are finishing the day today, and starting the day tomorrow. Doesn't give them much time in between.

Hmm sounds like someone heard "Ice Drink" instead of "Ice Rink" and only provided cubes...

:hap57:

:laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Unfortunately there aren't any of us competing in Sheffield this year. :disapp:

But, I had to laugh. Ever since we were kids, my best friend has never been able to remember how to spell my name. And "Gordan" is what I usually get from him. So, seeing you do the same brought a smile to my face. :)

Anyway, all the Ice Dance competitions are being held in succession (looking at the entry numbers, I assume the resurfacings will be either side of the Juniors). They start in just over 50 minutes with the Advanced Novice Pattern Dances.

But, I did think it strange that the Dancers are finishing the day today, and starting the day tomorrow. Doesn't give them much time in between.

:laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Gah! I used to know someone named Gordan who would flip out if you misspelled his name. Apparently it stuck! My bad!

:dumb:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gah! I used to know someone named Gordan who would flip out if you misspelled his name. Apparently it stuck! My bad!

:dumb:

No worries.

I got caught out. The Ice Dance has started 15 minutes earlier than what it said in the schedule.

Advance Novice Pattern Dance 1 Warm-Up Group is on NOW.

Candice Towler-Green in the commentary box with Claire now.

CaroLiza_fan

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No worries.

I got caught out. The Ice Dance has started 15 minutes earlier than what it said in the schedule.

CaroLiza_fan

What time is men’s short? I’m currently watching ice dance of some sort. Come on PJ! He’s worked so hard this year! I know there is a timetable but I cannot open it.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What time is men’s short? I’m currently watching ice dance of some sort. Come on PJ! He’s worked so hard this year! I know there is a timetable but I cannot open it.

Ah, I just answered you in the other thread:

Men was an hour ago. PJ put in a great performance, and is currently leading by 6.42 points. The crowd were really getting behind him - they were cheering practically everything he did!

You know, given his fun style of skating, it was so strange seeing him wearing a suit in his other role as a coach the past couple of days.

CaroLiza_fan

But, don't worry, because it is the BBC, you can re-wind the stream to where you want. In fact, because of the mess-up with the start-time for the Ice Dance, I am currently watching about 10 minutes behind LIVE.

So, hopefully this will help you.

CaroLiza_fan

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No worries.

CaroLiza_fan

Is Sasha Fear related to Lilah?