Thread: Ice dance coach and gender

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!

Ice dance coach and gender

I can't find my old post about this topic. So I ask again. I hope no one get annoyed.

For ice dance, is it always male coach teaches female student and female coach teaches male student? Is it strange for female teaching female or male teaching male?

"Treat others the way you want to be treated...." Ic3Rabbit's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by iceskating21 View Post
    I can't find my old post about this topic. So I ask again. I hope no one get annoyed.

For ice dance, is it always male coach teaches female student and female coach teaches male student? Is it strange for female teaching female or male teaching male?
    No. You can take lessons from whatever gender you choose. They just step in for opposite genders role in dance tests: So if you are female and have female coach, they would do the mens steps in the partner test when you test the dance.

Have fun!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!

No, male coaches coach females and males, and female coaches coach males and females. It's about which coach is right for you, regardless of their gender.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Agree with the responses.

My daughter has a male dance coach and a female dance coach now, and she learns equally from both. When she tests her pattern dances, her male dance coach is her partner. We have friends whose main dance coach is a woman, and they just test with the male dance coach as needed.

0 Not allowed!
    I can't find my old post about this topic.
    If you look at your profile, you can see all your posts
    https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/se...earchid=325418