2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Isn't there a time limit for the steps sequence?

that I am not aware off.

ETA, here is when the score of stsq showed up in previous comp properly after Wi finished her stsq.
https://youtu.be/K9KiFxHFJ1Y?t=183

it is very possible the tech controller saw she approached the board and assumed she finished her stsq :palmf: the CW loop and CCW twizzle are not accounted for which may contribute to her levels.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'll be honest, Miss Saigon was not my first choice for Haneul's FS, but she starts her season nicely with a bronze :luv17: Now only Dabin's dresses remain, soon the Dress Championships will start :yay:

skatenewbie

Medalist
Wow Young You did so well at US Intl Classic. 140+ =0
even though she only have 1 3A in her FS but her team played smart with the jump layout. She did 2 2A instead of 1 and full 8 triple so her BV is quite high (67 point), i think almost same with 2 3A. She's surely a dark horse this season

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
While I may have failed to wake up to witness it, Young did so, so well and got herself a silver! :luv17: Back-to-back challengers across continents, she must've been so tired, but she pulled through and showed what she's capable of. I'm so proud of her

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
even though she only have 1 3A in her FS but her team played smart with the jump layout. She did 2 2A instead of 1 and full 8 triple so her BV is quite high (67 point), i think almost same with 2 3A. She's surely a dark horse this season

Her team is definitely playing to win. Mie Hamada is stepping up the technical side of the skaters she coaches, but not at the expense of skating skills. It really shows in Rika, Satoko (I know they're Japanese and not Korean), and in Young You. It's a smart strategy -- power from deep edges and speed should make it much easier to do difficult transitions into and out of jumps, and it should also help make quads possible.

Sasha and Kamila fly across the ice for their quads. Maybe Young You will be able to do a quad sal pretty soon.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Her team is definitely playing to win. Mie Hamada is stepping up the technical side of the skaters she coaches, but not at the expense of skating skills. It really shows in Rika, Satoko (I know they're Japanese and not Korean), and in Young You. It's a smart strategy -- power from deep edges and speed should make it much easier to do difficult transitions into and out of jumps, and it should also help make quads possible.

Sasha and Kamila fly across the ice for their quads. Maybe Young You will be able to do a quad sal pretty soon.
Yes, i hope she can land very clean 3A soon! Idk about 4S though, quad is not easy. Sad that she only have 1 GP as of now, i hope she can get another 1 or we have to wait untill Korean Nats/ the qualifying event later.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Considering the GP alternate list I think Young is a certified lock for a second GP slot. She is a lovely skater and I hope she continues to excel and improve her season 😀

frida80

Record Breaker
Considering the GP alternate list I think Young is a certified lock for a second GP slot. She is a lovely skater and I hope she continues to excel and improve her season 😀

No it’s the opposite. She’s most likely not to get a spot now. Federations that host GP pick the substitutes, and they don’t want anyone who’s a threat to their own skaters. Eunsoo was one of the last picked for a sub spot, even though she had the highest scores of any on the list. It’s because they didn’t want someone as strong as her in certain GP’s. Only when they had exhausted the list did the finally give her another spot.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
No it’s the opposite. She’s most likely not to get a spot now. Federations that host GP pick the substitutes, and they don’t want anyone who’s a threat to their own skaters. Eunsoo was one of the last picked for a sub spot, even though she had the highest scores of any on the list. It’s because they didn’t want someone as strong as her in certain GP’s. Only when they had exhausted the list did the finally give her another spot.

(sigh) Both Young and Yelim deserve, and probably won't, get second spots...

Canadianskatingfan

On the Ice
After this competition my opinion has been solidified even more. Young is clearly the top Korean lady at the moment. Eunsoo is really going to have to step up her game in terms of consistency. She may be the better more classical performer but young has a fire in her that is undeniable.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Okay, so I didn't have time to check twitter so I didn't know it until right now, but Dabin has two new programs for this season! While I'm glad for no repeating Evitas I am kinda sad that two Love Story programs will be there at Nats (sigh) But to look on the good side, no Carmen!

SP: Tu Sei
FS: Love Story (soundtrack) by Francis Lai

Except for "Choreographer: Kenji Miyamoto" there isn't much information about her choreographers, but apparently her SP is the one she did at the Denis Ten and Friends memorial show : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn-NKxKslME

Both will be revealed (probably with costumes) at Nebelhorn, can't wait :yay: I hope she has regained her 3Lz-3T and has fitting boots :pray:

gotoschool

Medalist
I was so impressed with Young You's long program. While her holding onto the lofty triple axel landing showed guts and a fine sense of balance, there were so many other wonderful qualities, for example, the fast entrance with a quick leg lift transitioning into her triple lutz and triple toe done with nice height and distance, erect posture, beautiful symmetrical air rotation and again lovely expression with the arms on exit followed quickly by the spread eagle with more expressive arm extensions transitioning quickly into the triple loop with a lovely arc in the back on landing with more graceful arm extensions coupled with a glance back at the camera and judges, which was followed by a sharp illusion spin, layback and Biellmann all done smoothly, quickly and gracefully with fine flexibility and a nice delay in holding the layback position to create anticipation for the Biellmann. I also thought she displayed fluidity of movement matching the music with rapid pirouettes, rhythmic steps and some shoulder and head shakes that matched the upbeat salsa parts really well. The fantastic Ina Bauer near the end came out of the blue and really surprised me with how far back Young leaned while maintaining speed concluding with a fine arabesque spiral, nice camel spin and another beautiful uplifted arm extension that she held in a picturesque pose. Overall, I was impressed with her combination of fine skating skills, speed, grace, power, smoothness and the high quality of elements and quickness between jumps while completing 8 triples. I also enjoyed the variety of music cuts because it gave the program a greater dynamic range of expression. I thought she deserved higher PCS scores.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Both will be revealed (probably with costumes) at Nebelhorn, can't wait :yay: I hope she has regained her 3Lz-3T and has fitting boots :pray:

I am sad that both she & Yelim are using Love Story too, as I like both ladies & could do without the comparison. But I am excited you reminded me that Dabin is signed up for Nebelhorn:). Finger crossed.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Late post, but anyway here are my two cents on Young You's programs at U.S. Classics.
I really enjoyed You's programs at US. Classics, there were some great moments in her Free Skate! And I bet once she gets more used to the program, she will throw in a little more sass during the Step Sequence :D like she did with her PotC Free skate last season. I especially adore her Ina Bauer and of course her spiral! (Bring spiral sequences back ISU!). Also her 3A seems to be quite consistent at this stage, despite the negative GOE. I bet she will land a good one wth positive GOE soon ;). Although I adore her 3Lz+3T the most, the one in the short was splendid.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Okay, so I didn't have time to check twitter so I didn't know it until right now, but Dabin has two new programs for this season! While I'm glad for no repeating Evitas I am kinda sad that two Love Story programs will be there at Nats (sigh) But to look on the good side, no Carmen!

SP: Tu Sei
FS: Love Story (soundtrack) by Francis Lai

Except for "Choreographer: Kenji Miyamoto" there isn't much information about her choreographers, but apparently her SP is the one she did at the Denis Ten and Friends memorial show : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn-NKxKslME

*sobs deeply*