Thread: Correct boot width?

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!

Correct boot width?

Hello

What would be the signs of a fitting with improper width (too narrow) in a skater ?
    And where do you find the width size on skates ?

Many thanks

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I think the most common (assuming you can fit your foot in the boot at all), is that the tongue won’t meet the sides of the boot (you see your leg in between). A more subtle sign (the tongue may lie correctly) is the arch of the foot will cramp when the boot is laced up.

Not sure if the size usually appears on the boot; mine was on a sticker on the underside of the sole, but mine are semi custom.

The best way to ensure properly fitting skates is to get measured and order from a skate pro. I’m a EE width in Jacksons and I would never have fit in any stock boots.

。*:.*'<3

0 Not allowed!
    I wear wide width (D ball/C heel) Jacksons, and when I was in rental Riedells (right size but very wrong width, shape, and level), I would lose feeling in my pinkie toes by the end of an hour-long freestyle session. They were pretty good quality recreational skates, so I could do spins and a few single jumps in them, but not as well as in appropriate skates.

I wore Jackson rentals once, too, and there were gaps between both sides of the boot and the tongue. They were the more standard ski-boot-looking rental skate, and with the inability to close those gaps, they were so wobbly that I didn't even try so much as a waltz jump in them.

The width on mine are on the inside of the ankle. I think the regular width ones don't have the width.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    You should be able to find the size and width of the boot on the sole. Jackson and Riedell both have them there.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thanks. i called the store. Always been in the 'AA' width (Risport).... but suffering from cramps (severe) in the last month (foot arch), skates are fairly new.... They told me to try to change her laces (?!?)
    Will see.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Was she measured by a skate pro before ordering these? Feet change as you age, generally speaking, they get bigger all around.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    yes, she did. With a regular fitting guy....
    but maybe I should have it rechecked....

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    They do sound like they are too narrow. I would probably try to have them punched out, next.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    ok. Thanks
    She will try today with new lace.... Dont have much hope that it could be taht simple....

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    They probably meant to try a different way of lacing the boots, not new laces altogether? You can google it, different ways of lacing can take pressure off different parts of the boots.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Ok. will check it out....
    Its becoming so 'precise' those skates.... I miss those days when she was skating in boots and blades for under 200$