Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019-20 European Ice Dance

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dance View Post
    Spodyriev was apparently in an accident (4 cracked ribs, a collapsed lung, and limited movement of one shoulder on top of a cast on one leg which he had acquired before)
    It wasn't Max who had this accident but one of the coaches of their team. However Max was seriously injured during practice in the begining of July and his leg needs several weeks of recovery.

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    It looks like Popova/Byelikov are moving Senior full time this season. Ukraine Fed announced their Junior GP selection and they are not assigned to any event. Moreover, they are entered in the Senior competition at NRW Summer Trophy.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by icetug View Post
    It wasn't Max who had this accident but one of the coaches of their team.
    Oh, thank you for clarifying this!

2 Not allowed!

2 Not allowed!
    And from the last week JGP Lake Placid, Natálie Taschlerová / Filip Taschler, Czech Republic, bronze medal:

RD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GraISr01vdo
    FD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9dzmwuBhEI

Medal Ceremony:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFhLrtKhniA

Tripping on the Podium vesperalvioletta's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by flanker View Post
    This was amazing I've been pulling for this team since I first saw them last season, but I didn't know they had this in them. Can't wait to see how they continue to improve. They should have won this competition, IMHO

avatar credit: @miyan5605 ice coverage's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ice coverage View Post
    … Denmark has a new junior team.

Sara Buch-Weeke is doing a terrific job today with her Instagram takeover today for @edgesofglory.

She really is giving a good sense of a day in the life (both on and off ice) for her and partner Nicolas Woodcock.

(Of the takeovers that I seen of various Instagram accounts, some [although no doubt well-intentioned] have shown far less than Sara already has.)

Sara and Nicolas are based in Canada, training with Skate Mariposa in Barrie, Ontario.
    One little activity seen in the takeover is that Sara and Nicolas -- who represent Denmark -- singlehandedly are making 500 credential badges for Skate Ontario's Octoberfest competition. Adorable.
    Sara and Nicolas will be one of thirteen Octoberfest entries competing in junior dance next week.

Congratulations to Kazakova/Reviya for winning JGP Croatia and advancing to JGPF.

GS Supporter

1 Not allowed!
    I was impressed with the new partnership of Katerina Bunina and Artur Gruzdev.
    I thought they had been skating together for longer. I think that they can flourish this season, also given that World juniors will be in Tallinn next year, it would be really nice to see them representing Estonia there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12