Message received by Medvedeva at skating show | Golden Skate

Message received by Medvedeva at skating show

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
We have moved posts related to the message received by Evgenia Medvedeva at a skating show to this thread.

Please discuss the topic in this thread and not in the general Russian Ladies thread.

Please remember the Goldenskate guidelines:

1. Do not gossip or speculate about a skater's motivation, another skater's motivation, or any gossip or speculation based solely on a skater's social media activity (or lack thereof).

2. Do not post links to unverified gossip or speculation.

3. Do not call out, directly or indirectly, a skater's fans.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Anyone knows why my post was taken down? Cause i did not use any censored language or anything like that.

monochrom3

On the Ice
Anyone knows why my post was taken down? Cause i did not use any censored language or anything like that.

I think its because its in the wrong forum so mods removed it? I vaguely remember your post and I think they might have thought it was something that belonged more in fanfest or something.

zounger

Medalist

I don't know, maybe you should try to use multicultural idioms and expressions like: don't remove my post later alligator or terminator :biggrin:

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I think its because its in the wrong forum so mods removed it? I vaguely remember your post and I think they might have thought it was something that belonged more in fanfest or something.
Mabye but since it concerns a russian lady i thougt it would be ok to post it in here.

moriel

Record Breaker
I don't remember. I think it had to do with a mean letter written about Zhenya.

I'm not sure if it cannot be discussed.
I mean, that is sort of bullying. We seen worse, i mean, people arent threatening her with physical violence or calling her obscene words, but still not cool. Imho all fans should condemn such things together.
I hope there were cameras, and the japanese can track the person who wrote it and punish accordingly.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I mean, that is sort of bullying. We seen worse, i mean, people arent threatening her with physical violence or calling her obscene words, but still not cool. Imho all fans should condemn such things together.
I hope there were cameras, and the japanese can track the person who wrote it and punish accordingly.

On the one hand you say all fans should condemn such things together, but on the other hand you're diminishing the hate she gets. It's not "sort of bullying", it IS bullying. She's been called many things, obscene words too.

We cannot condemn such things together if everyone is trying to make a bigger victim of their favourite.

Scott512

Record Breaker

That mean later to Evgenia is not typically discussed here but it should be because we have to know what these skaters go through. Yes they are treated great by fans but then there are the oddballs as well like this person who wrote this. Zhenya very clearly took it in stride and has moved on.

Go to give the girl credit nothing shakes her.

Vandevska

Medalist
That mean later to Evgenia is not typically discussed here but it should be because we have to know what these skaters go through. Yes they are treated great by fans but then there are the oddballs as well like this person who wrote this. Zhenya very clearly took it in stride and has moved on.

Go to give the girl credit nothing shakes her.

Maybe this didn't affect her, but clearly some things did just half a year ago. Look at that lack of confidence during Russian Nationals.

All of them are very strong, but you never know which drop may overflow their glass.

katymay

Medalist
Maybe this didn't affect her, but clearly some things did just half a year ago. Look at that lack of confidence during Russian Nationals.

All of them are very strong, but you never know which drop may overflow their glass.

I dunno about that. For every nasty thing someone posted or sent to her, she has thousands of fans. Never was that more evident than at Russian Nationals. She has a huge fan base, and I suspect everywhere she goes she feels the love. I really would like to know the details of that letter-as it was written in passable English. Was it mailed to her? I lived in Japan, and this would be very uncharacteristic of a Japanese person. (Yes, this seems like a gross generalization, but if you lived there you would understand what I mean) I wish they would investigate the source.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power šŸ»
Record Breaker
I dunno about that. For every nasty thing someone posted or sent to her, she has thousands of fans. Never was that more evident than at Russian Nationals. She has a huge fan base, and I suspect everywhere she goes she feels the love. I really would like to know the details of that letter-as it was written in passable English. Was it mailed to her? I lived in Japan, and this would be very uncharacteristic of a Japanese person. (Yes, this seems like a gross generalization, but if you lived there you would understand what I mean) I wish they would investigate the source.

It was put into her fan box at Fantasy on Ice Kobe. Every skater has a personal box where fans can put in gifts and letters on the day of the show. At the end of the show the skaters get the box and can read the letters and open the gifts.

monochrom3

On the Ice

At FaOI they had boxes where the audience members could drop their gifts for the skaters outside the arena. I presume that's how she got it.
Other skaters also got their gifts yesterday (Johnny's stories showed some, also Alina's stories) so I presume they maybe collected the gifts and gave them out. She has a lot of fans, and she also received a lot of fangifts from the boxes. Of course its unfortunate that such a thing happened and that the gifts were not screened before they made their way to the skaters.

Vandevska

Medalist

While it's true that she has lots of fans (thankfully), she has more than enough people being mean as well, and we can't justify the nasty comments by saying that she gets lots of positive messages too.
As for Russian nationals, it was clearly an eye opened for her too, that she's still loved and appreciated there, something that she wasn't sure of judging by those instagram stories she posted thanking her fans after that awful SP.
The good thing is that she has let letter go, because apparently it's not even the first she got.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It takes a lot of energy to be that hateful! How terrible. I keep threatening to have buttons printed up that say BRING BACK CIVILITY. I'd like to send this person one!:hslap:

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
It takes a lot of energy to be that hateful! How terrible. I keep threatening to have buttons printed up that say BRING BACK CIVILITY. I'd like to send this person one!:hslap:

This, 100%.