Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating

2 Not allowed!
    Yuhana Yokoi scored close to her personal best that she recorded at the 2018–19 Japan Championships, almost securing the podium spot at the Finlandia Trophy. Her short skate score was under 50 at a regional competition a month ago. She made a great comeback and a fist pump after the short program was delightful to see.

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sailormoon View Post
    Yuhana Yokoi scored close to her personal best that she recorded at the 2018–19 Japan Championships, almost securing the podium spot at the Finlandia Trophy. Her short skate score was under 50 at a regional competition a month ago. She made a great comeback and a fist pump after the short program was delightful to see.
    I could see her being a danger at Japanese nationals. She has huge jumps. Obviously, she is not at Satoko's (or Rika's ) level artistically but she has some really nice qualities.

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    Yuhana reminds me a bit of Kaori and Wakaba (really explosive jumps, not exactly balletic but they have a different sort of artistry). I think for these girls their physique (muscular/compact) might be a factor, in that it can limit their ability to achieve extensions and lines but at the same time gives them a lot of power and speed which is equally eye-catching.

From a choreographic point of view, I really like Yuhana's SP. It's sassy, a little quirky and plays to her strengths

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ime View Post
    Just a quick question......Is there anyone have any idea about what is happened to Yuna Shiraiwa? It seems that she arrived in Salt lake city, did the draw, and went missing since then.....there isn't any news or info available.....like, at all.
    I posted about it and a few other things to her Fan Fest a while back, if you're still curious.

2 Not allowed!
    Congratulations to Yuhana Yokoi for her bronze medal , some mistakes but WOW her jumps are huge!

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Yokoi did a nice job! She should be more confident know after that competition. Right now I see Rika K as number one she has potential still too with bigger jumps, she has a nice performance, great jumps and getting more and more competitive tough. Kaori we haven't seen much so far this season but I hink she is number 2 Satoko is clinging to the theird spot with her consistency and beautiful SL Yokoi, Wakaba,Miahara, et al have show they too can be a threat.

Can I give you some advice? Skate better. AshWagsFan's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Yokoi did a nice job! She should be more confident know after that competition. Right now I see Rika K as number one she has potential still too with bigger jumps, she has a nice performance, great jumps and getting more and more competitive tough. Kaori we haven't seen much so far this season but I hink she is number 2 Satoko is clinging to the theird spot with her consistency and beautiful SL Yokoi, Wakaba,Miahara, et al have show they too can be a threat.
    I hope Satoko makes it this year... I truly love her skating and artistry. Maybe working with Barkell will help her jumps, we’ll have to see

Moonbear power Lunalovesskating's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Wakaba has a 3A planned in her program entry for the Free Skate at Skate America. I hope they are not pushing her too much. She still is recovering from her injury :/

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunalovesskating View Post
    Wakaba has a 3A planned in her program entry for the Free Skate at Skate America. I hope they are not pushing her too much. She still is recovering from her injury :/
    That worries me, since people were pointing out she was icing both feet in the photo posted today by the hockey team.

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/st...27691607060481

:/

0 Not allowed!
    Interesting. I wonder why Kao is doing 2 3Lo in FS instead of 2 3F? I'd guess because her 3Lo gets +5 goes and scores better than the Flip?
    But still, getting rid of her 2nd Flip is an interesting choice though

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B3vNKlZp..._web_copy_link

Would be a kind soul be willing to translate what is written here on Mai (and Kaori's) Instagram? Hand-written letters posted on social media always terrify me.

On the Ice

7 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxchild View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B3vNKlZp..._web_copy_link

Would be a kind soul be willing to translate what is written here on Mai (and Kaori's) Instagram? Hand-written letters posted on social media always terrify me.
    https://twitter.com/juronom/status/1...324456960?s=20 Here's a translation.
    It makes me really sad, but I hope Mai can take as much time as needed to get her health back on track. That's the most important thing.

7 Not allowed!
    Wakaba and Kaori were amazing! I am so glad both put out clean programs, especially Wakababy after she had such a tough time recovering from her injury. I hope this continues tomorrow. I love love both of their short programs. Kaori's really raised the mood!

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    The quality of Kaori's skating is dazzling.

On the Ice

5 Not allowed!
    I teared up watching Wakaba skate today, and Kaori made me stand and applause.

1 Not allowed!
    Mako

6 Not allowed!
    Kaori said during an interview today that she really liked Wakaba's SP from last season and wanted something similar therefore her choice for her SP. Their friendship is so cute, they were so chummy after the programs today. Wakaba also said a few weeks ago that Kaori gave her some tips on how to fix some issues with her jumps. I love how supportive they are with each other.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nussnacker View Post
    Mako
    I was so sad for Mako. Seems like she is not fully recovered from her injury

Tripping on the Podium DenissVFan's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    I fell asleep after the first group of pairs and I haven't seen the ladies yet but yay for Wakaba! I quietly hoped she'd surprise us here. Regardless of how the FS goes, it was an important moment.

0 Not allowed!
    Mako! if only she skated clean because all three japanese ladies here has powerful jumps! but I'm so happy for kaori and wakaba! love both of her programs but I'm so happy especially for wakaba after so much time struggling with injuries, seriously this two ladies has incredible speed, high jumps, good interpretation, transitions, great skating skills, the only thing I noted it was low speed in the second half of wakaba's step sequence, I can tell she was tired but anyway it was amazing and I hope this motivate her tomorrow in the free skate, I hope she manages to upgrade her layback spin and fly camel spin to level 4 to maximize her scores. For Mako I hope she recovers for her injury, she has the best jumps currently in japanese ladies field especially her lutz is amazing, so sad seing her struggle, heal soon Mako don't give up! you are an amazing skater!. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast