2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Yuhana Yokoi scored close to her personal best that she recorded at the 2018–19 Japan Championships, almost securing the podium spot at the Finlandia Trophy. Her short skate score was under 50 at a regional competition a month ago. She made a great comeback and a fist pump after the short program was delightful to see.

readernick

Medalist
Yuhana Yokoi scored close to her personal best that she recorded at the 2018–19 Japan Championships, almost securing the podium spot at the Finlandia Trophy. Her short skate score was under 50 at a regional competition a month ago. She made a great comeback and a fist pump after the short program was delightful to see.

I could see her being a danger at Japanese nationals. She has huge jumps. Obviously, she is not at Satoko's (or Rika's ) level artistically but she has some really nice qualities.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Yuhana reminds me a bit of Kaori and Wakaba (really explosive jumps, not exactly balletic but they have a different sort of artistry). I think for these girls their physique (muscular/compact) might be a factor, in that it can limit their ability to achieve extensions and lines but at the same time gives them a lot of power and speed which is equally eye-catching.

From a choreographic point of view, I really like Yuhana's SP. It's sassy, a little quirky and plays to her strengths :)

medoroa

On the Ice
Just a quick question......Is there anyone have any idea about what is happened to Yuna Shiraiwa? It seems that she arrived in Salt lake city, did the draw, and went missing since then.....there isn't any news or info available.....like, at all.

I posted about it and a few other things to her Fan Fest a while back, if you're still curious.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Yokoi did a nice job! She should be more confident know after that competition. Right now I see Rika K as number one she has potential still too with bigger jumps, she has a nice performance, great jumps and getting more and more competitive tough. Kaori we haven't seen much so far this season but I hink she is number 2 Satoko is clinging to the theird spot with her consistency and beautiful SL Yokoi, Wakaba,Miahara, et al have show they too can be a threat.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yokoi did a nice job! She should be more confident know after that competition. Right now I see Rika K as number one she has potential still too with bigger jumps, she has a nice performance, great jumps and getting more and more competitive tough. Kaori we haven't seen much so far this season but I hink she is number 2 Satoko is clinging to the theird spot with her consistency and beautiful SL Yokoi, Wakaba,Miahara, et al have show they too can be a threat.

I hope Satoko makes it this year... I truly love her skating and artistry. Maybe working with Barkell will help her jumps, we’ll have to see

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Wakaba has a 3A planned in her program entry for the Free Skate at Skate America. I hope they are not pushing her too much. She still is recovering from her injury :/

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Interesting. I wonder why Kao is doing 2 3Lo in FS instead of 2 3F? I'd guess because her 3Lo gets +5 goes and scores better than the Flip?
But still, getting rid of her 2nd Flip is an interesting choice though

Interspectator

Record Breaker

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Wakaba and Kaori were amazing! I am so glad both put out clean programs, especially Wakababy after she had such a tough time recovering from her injury. I hope this continues tomorrow. I love love both of their short programs. Kaori's really raised the mood!

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Kaori said during an interview today that she really liked Wakaba's SP from last season and wanted something similar therefore her choice for her SP. Their friendship is so cute, they were so chummy after the programs today. Wakaba also said a few weeks ago that Kaori gave her some tips on how to fix some issues with her jumps. I love how supportive they are with each other.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I fell asleep after the first group of pairs and I haven't seen the ladies yet but yay for Wakaba! I quietly hoped she'd surprise us here. Regardless of how the FS goes, it was an important moment.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Mako! :sad21: :( if only she skated clean because all three japanese ladies here has powerful jumps! but I'm so happy for kaori and wakaba! :yahoo: love both of her programs :love:but I'm so happy especially for wakaba after so much time struggling with injuries, seriously this two ladies has incredible speed, high jumps, good interpretation, transitions, great skating skills, the only thing I noted it was low speed in the second half of wakaba's step sequence, I can tell she was tired but anyway it was amazing and I hope this motivate her tomorrow in the free skate, I hope she manages to upgrade her layback spin and fly camel spin to level 4 to maximize her scores. For Mako I hope she recovers for her injury, she has the best jumps currently in japanese ladies field especially her lutz is amazing, so sad seing her struggle, heal soon Mako don't give up! you are an amazing skater!. Good luck to everyone tomorrow! :pray: