2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Im really questioning whether I watched the same Shindlers list as judges on US classic... why did they only give it 68, that’s so low for what Satoko delivered :-(

Ouch that's low and Us classic is not that conservative compared with atumn classic, I tought she would received at least more than Rika in autumn but it didn´t happen

skatenewbie

Medalist
Why people are surprised Satoko getting 68 PCS? She's been getting 8s for years, which imo should've been 9s. She mostly recieved 9s when the 17-18 season (where its Olympic season and all other top skater PCS also rising...). Last season it went down to 8s and occasionally little bit of 9s in PE/IN. Its also early in the season and she made mistakes, it might rise throughout the season hopefully

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Why people are surprised Satoko getting 68 PCS? She's been getting 8s for years, which imo should've been 9s. She mostly recieved 9s when the 17-18 season (where its Olympic season and all other top skater PCS also rising...). Last season it went down to 8s and occasionally little bit of 9s in PE/IN. Its also early in the season and she made mistakes, it might rise throughout the season hopefully

It will rise for sure but judges will never give her what she deserves :(, there is no reason for not giving her at leat 70 pcs in her first competition even when is a new program with some unders because she never stop performing and always has amazing skating skills. If only they scored objetively the programs with great analysis, but that will never happen until there are two panels scoring tecnical and components for separate and without corruption

ime

Rinkside
Just a quick question......Is there anyone have any idea about what is happened to Yuna Shiraiwa? It seems that she arrived in Salt lake city, did the draw, and went missing since then.....there isn't any news or info available.....like, at all.

readernick

Medalist
Just a quick question......Is there anyone have any idea about what is happened to Yuna Shiraiwa? It seems that she arrived in Salt lake city, did the draw, and went missing since then.....there isn't any news or info available.....like, at all.

No idea. I certainly hope she isn't injured.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight

I'm wondering the same, not information, I really wanted to see her beautiful short program, I don´t know what happened but I hope is nothing serious :(

denise3lz

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Rion Sumiyoshi WDed from Tokyo Regional last weekend and
she announced in her instagram that the reason is right ankle injury.

So she will unlikey compete JGP #7 Italy though she is still in entry list.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Fell in love with Marin’s lalaland even more, that dress is absolutely stunning. I guess I just like that shade of blue a lot, a lot of blue dresses seem so lovely to me. :D
Oh, Marin, her jumps are making me very nervous, but more because I feel like something changed in her mentality in recent years. As if she has lost a lot of confidence... I don’t know if training with Rafael has helped in the time she was off competition, I’m worried about the absence of significant changes. I really wanted her to have flip-loop combo this season, so that she could build on it next season.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Fell in love with Marin’s lalaland even more, that dress is absolutely stunning. I guess I just like that shade of blue a lot, a lot of blue dresses seem so lovely to me. :D
Oh, Marin, her jumps are making me very nervous, but more because I feel like something changed in her mentality in recent years. As if she has lost a lot of confidence... I don’t know if training with Rafael has helped in the time she was off competition, I’m worried about the absence of significant changes. I really wanted her to have flip-loop combo this season, so that she could build on it next season.

For some reason I saw Marin Honda with more mental strenght, confidence and more engaged to her programs that at the start of last season, but her jumps are not still there she really needs to fix those unders and pops, sad because she haz amazing edges, interpretation, transitions and skating skills.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I actually think Marin's jumps are better than what we saw last season, and her performance ability continues to improve. Her movement has more varieties and her programs are full of choreography and transitions. I think her main issues is the height of her jumps, plus her jumps are fully integrated into the program; it seems she does not "prepare" for a jump to come. The fluidity in her skating and her speed are really a joy to watch, much more enjoyable than ladies on the podium.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Good to know that i'm not the ony one who thinks that there is an improvement from last season for Marin.

Kinki regionals next week and we will see Mai!!!:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Chubu regionals were this week.
Seniors:
1. Rin Nitaya
2. Yuhana Yokoi
3. Miyabi oba

Juniors:
1. Hana Yoshida (attempted a 3A) She landed 3As earlier this season.
2. Nana Araki (had a very bad SP)
3. Kinayu yokoi (landed a 3A)

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Rion Sumiyoshi WDed from Tokyo Regional last weekend and
she announced in her instagram that the reason is right ankle injury.

So she will unlikey compete JGP #7 Italy though she is still in entry list.

Rion has WD from JGP Egna.

So far it looks like Rino Matsuike will be the only JPN competitor. She has a good chance of making the podium again!
Moa is still listed as a sub. :scratch2:

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Rino Matsuike was 3rd in jgp Riga right? Her score there was pretty good I believe, 190+. So, if she is 2nd at the last jgp this week in Italy, can she make it to the Final ahead of Viktoria Vasilieva? That’d be pretty cool I think , to have skaters from Japan, Korea, US, and Russia at the Final. So I guess I’ll root for Rino this week. Is anyone in her way of her getting a silver medal?