Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Philadelphia Summer International

2 Not allowed!

2019 Philadelphia Summer International

2019 Philadelphia Summer International
    Jul 31 - Aug 3, 2019
    Aston, PA

The Philadelphia Summer International is annual senior-level figure skating competition held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Beginning in 2015, it was included in the International Skating Union's calendar. The event takes place early in the season, generally in August. Medals are awarded in the Men's and Ladies' disciplines.

Last edited by gsk8; 07-23-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    Does anyone know, do they publish a list of the skaters participating ahead of time? I'm thinking of going this year--just curious to know who will be skating!

Fangirl of men’s spirals and split jumps el henry's Avatar

7 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohamyooo View Post
    Does anyone know, do they publish a list of the skaters participating ahead of time? I'm thinking of going this year--just curious to know who will be skating!
    They do, although I’m not certain if it is on the actual website. I can’t remember how I learned last time I went which skaters were there. And of course, a summer comp has withdrawals for whatever reason.

Donovan Carrillo has said in an interview he will be at Aston. That’s reason enough for me to go hopefully see you there

Rinkside

3 Not allowed!
    It would be great fun to see you there, el henry!

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by el henry View Post
    They do, although I’m not certain if it is on the actual website. I can’t remember how I learned last time I went which skaters were there. And of course, a summer comp has withdrawals for whatever reason.

Donovan Carrillo has said in an interview he will be at Aston. That’s reason enough for me to go hopefully see you there
    Keep us posted if you know of any other skaters going. And I look forward to your updates live!

5 Not allowed!
    I’ll be glad to meet you, @Ohamayoo, just let us know (or PM me) when you’ve made up your mind. There’s usually more than one GSer there.

@Jeanie19, unless they fixed it, the Wifi in the rink is non-existent and I seem to remember my phone didn’t work so well either but I hope evening updates (after the combo) will occur

avatar credit: @miyan5605 ice coverage's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    … @Jeanie19, unless they fixed it, the Wifi in the rink is non-existent and I seem to remember my phone didn’t work so well either but I hope evening updates (after the combo) will occur
    FWIW, the WiFi at IceWorks worked very well for me at PSIC/PSC in 2017 and 2018.

(Not that I was giving live updates , so please don't get me wrong: I'm not/not/not trying to pressure anyone into giving any. Just mentioning with the hope that the WiFi will work better for you if you happen to need it for any reason at all.)

Hope that anyone from GS who attends has a great time.

Good luck to all the skaters.
    (Whoever they turn out to be -- in addition to Donovan. )

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ice coverage View Post
    FWIW, the WiFi at IceWorks worked very well for me at PSIC/PSC in 2017 and 2018.

(Not that I was giving live updates , so please don't get me wrong: I'm not/not/not trying to pressure anyone into giving any. Just mentioning with the hope that the WiFi will work better for you if you happen to need it for any reason at all.)

Hope that anyone from GS who attends has a great time.

Good luck to all the skaters.
    (Whoever you turn out to be. )
    Thanks Ice Coverage; in 2017 maybe my dinosaur phone just didn’t like the connection I will pray to the skating gods for success this time

4 Not allowed!
    We'll be there, too!

Has anyone come across a tentative list of competitors yet?

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    We'll be there, too!

Has anyone come across a tentative list of competitors yet?
    I’ll be there too, and am likewise very interested in knowing who is planning to compete. If anyone hears anything, please don’t keep it to yourself!

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven Sisters View Post
    I’ll be there too, and am likewise very interested in knowing who is planning to compete. If anyone hears anything, please don’t keep it to yourself!
    I'm dying here. I wrote my iceworks contact to see if Gracie would be doing meet and greets since I have not been able to LTS. I haven't gotten an answer.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I think for the senior ladies international its akari, pooja and hanna? Does anyone know who is assigned junior internatioal at philly?? Im thinking for junior they might assign ellen slaviek, lindsay thorngren, sarah jung, or maybe jessica lin,??

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nataliebunard12 View Post
    I think for the senior ladies international its akari, pooja and hanna? Does anyone know who is assigned junior internatioal at philly?? Im thinking for junior they might assign ellen slaviek, lindsay thorngren, sarah jung, or maybe jessica lin,??
    Is this based on any information that you have from Ice Works or the skaters?

Of course, we are all trying to figure out who might be assigned, based on other comps, but I don't know of any lists yet.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Is this based on any information that you have from Ice Works or the skaters?

Of course, we are all trying to figure out who might be assigned, based on other comps, but I don't know of any lists yet.
    yes, i got this from a skater. But if they send akari, i dont understand why tho. Cause she clearly didn't reach the isp score this season so far and her marks arent that good either. And her jumps are good when she lands them but they are really incositent

1 Not allowed!
    … But if they send akari, i dont understand why tho. Cause she clearly didn't reach the isp score this season so far and her marks arent that good either. And her jumps are good when she lands them but they are really incositent
    From what I understand, last year Akari did very well at USFS High Performance Camp. Only speculation, but maybe the same is true this year?
    Last year, Akari went on to win the (senior) SP at Philadelphia International (which last year did not have junior events), and to place second overall.

yes, i got this from a skater ...
    Anyway, thank you for passing along what you heard.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ice coverage View Post
    From what I understand, last year Akari did very well at USFS High Performance Camp. Only speculation, but maybe the same is true this year?
    Last year, Akari went on to win the (senior) SP at Philadelphia International (which last year did not have junior events), and to place second overall.

Anyway, thank you for passing along what you heard.
    true, we never know what will happen. But i been noticing she has been struggling so hopefully she makes a comeback at philly

1 Not allowed!
    yes, i got this from a skater. But if they send akari, i dont understand why tho. Cause she clearly didn't reach the isp score this season so far and her marks arent that good either. And her jumps are good when she lands them but they are really incositent
    Thank you for the info. I do not follow the ladies closely enough to have an opinion on Akari; I am more of a fan of the men so if you hear any info there, that would be appreciated.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    is this the tentative competition which Gracie talked about to go in her interviews?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LuisRollerArg View Post
    is this the tentative competition which Gracie talked about to go in her interviews?
    To be precise, the answer is No. It was the club competition Philadelphia Summer Championships (as opposed to the thread title's international competition that takes place during the same week) that was mentioned as a possibility in the interview with Lynn Rutherford from May.

… Gold eyes the Philadelphia Summer Championships, held at IceWorks July 30-Aug. 3, as her possible return to competition. ...

https://goldenskate.com/forum/showth...=1#post2400017

4 Not allowed!
    @el henry, according to Andrew T’s Wikipedia page, he will be competing at Philly 2019.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast