Thread: 2019 Philadelphia Summer International

2 Not allowed!

2019 Philadelphia Summer International

The Philadelphia Summer International is annual senior-level figure skating competition held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Beginning in 2015, it was included in the International Skating Union's calendar. The event takes place early in the season, generally in August. Medals are awarded in the Men's and Ladies' disciplines.

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    Does anyone know, do they publish a list of the skaters participating ahead of time? I'm thinking of going this year--just curious to know who will be skating!

Fangirl of men’s spirals and split jumps el henry's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohamyooo View Post
    Does anyone know, do they publish a list of the skaters participating ahead of time? I'm thinking of going this year--just curious to know who will be skating!
    They do, although I’m not certain if it is on the actual website. I can’t remember how I learned last time I went which skaters were there. And of course, a summer comp has withdrawals for whatever reason.

Donovan Carrillo has said in an interview he will be at Aston. That’s reason enough for me to go hopefully see you there

Rinkside

3 Not allowed!
    It would be great fun to see you there, el henry!

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by el henry View Post
    They do, although I’m not certain if it is on the actual website. I can’t remember how I learned last time I went which skaters were there. And of course, a summer comp has withdrawals for whatever reason.

Donovan Carrillo has said in an interview he will be at Aston. That’s reason enough for me to go hopefully see you there
    Keep us posted if you know of any other skaters going. And I look forward to your updates live!

4 Not allowed!
    I’ll be glad to meet you, @Ohamayoo, just let us know (or PM me) when you’ve made up your mind. There’s usually more than one GSer there.

@Jeanie19, unless they fixed it, the Wifi in the rink is non-existent and I seem to remember my phone didn’t work so well either but I hope evening updates (after the combo) will occur

avatar credit: @miyan5605 ice coverage's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by el henry View Post
    … @Jeanie19, unless they fixed it, the Wifi in the rink is non-existent and I seem to remember my phone didn’t work so well either but I hope evening updates (after the combo) will occur
    FWIW, the WiFi at IceWorks worked very well for me at PSIC/PSC in 2017 and 2018.

(Not that I was giving live updates , so please don't get me wrong: I'm not/not/not trying to pressure anyone into giving any. Just mentioning with the hope that the WiFi will work better for you if you happen to need it for any reason at all.)

Hope that anyone from GS who attends has a great time.

Good luck to all the skaters.
    (Whoever they turn out to be -- in addition to Donovan. )

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ice coverage View Post
    FWIW, the WiFi at IceWorks worked very well for me at PSIC/PSC in 2017 and 2018.

(Not that I was giving live updates , so please don't get me wrong: I'm not/not/not trying to pressure anyone into giving any. Just mentioning with the hope that the WiFi will work better for you if you happen to need it for any reason at all.)

Hope that anyone from GS who attends has a great time.

Good luck to all the skaters.
    (Whoever you turn out to be. )
    Thanks Ice Coverage; in 2017 maybe my dinosaur phone just didn’t like the connection I will pray to the skating gods for success this time

2 Not allowed!
    We'll be there, too!