Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 2019 Philadelphia Summer International

Fangirl of men’s spirals and split jumps el henry's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonvine View Post
    Apparently this is the first year they have charged. I was sitting near the registration desk and heard them tell a skaters family that only one parent could get a parent pass, the other had to pay $5 and that it all had something to do with Safesport. I could not imagine what it could possibly be, but that’s what they said.
    My surmise would be that a “parent pass” entitles a parent with access to locker rooms and private areas. SafeSport regulations would restrict the number of persons who can access those areas.

Now, does that mean a parent or relative could not be “comped” with one of those delightful paper wrist bands? No. But it’s the best $5 I’ve ever spent then again, I’m not a skating parent who has already spent thousands upon thousands for skating

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by el henry View Post
    My surmise would be that a “parent pass” entitles a parent with access to locker rooms and private areas. SafeSport regulations would restrict the number of persons who can access those areas.

Now, does that mean a parent or relative could not be “comped” with one of those delightful paper wrist bands? No. But it’s the best $5 I’ve ever spent then again, I’m not a skating parent who has already spent thousands upon thousands for skating
    I was totally delighted to spend my $25 on my every day pass. I just thought it made no sense that Safesport would require the parent to pay $5 when as you said they have already spent thousands upon thousands. What you say with Safesport wanting to limit access to locker rooms makes 100% sense but surely that would be the same gender parent as the child?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678