Scotiabank Pond
    North York, ON

Announcement
    Website
    Schedule
    Entries/Results

8 Not allowed!
    The results page is up with the entry lists. Here are some notable entries:

Senior Men: Matthew Markell, Keegan Messing, Nam Nguyen, Conrad Orzel, Roman Sadovsky, Bennet Toman

Senior Women: Gabby Daleman, Michelle Long

Senior Pairs: Boys-Eddy/Mayr, Moore-Towers/Marinaro, Walsh/Michaud

Junior Men: Corey Circelli, Alec Guinzbourg, Iliya Kovler, Mark Gorodnitsky, Shingo Nishiyama

Junior Women: Alison Schumacher, Amelia Orzel, Madeline Schizas, Alexa Matveev, Catherine Carle, Brooke McIntosh

Junior Pairs: Carle/Farand, McIntosh/Toste, Andrew/Daleman, Leung/Fletcher, Ripley/Brawley

Junior Dance: D'Alessandro/Waddell, McIsaac/Circelli, Galiyanova/Lochhead, Bashynska/Beaumont, Kagolovskaya/MacDonald, Yoshida/Nishiyama

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    I am absolutely pumped to see Nguyen and Daleman’s new programs.

I know Daleman had a tough season last year, she persevered and I hope all that perseverance pays off this year. It’ll also be interesting to see if those rumours of quads and 3 axels have any truth to them.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
    The results rage is up with the entry lists. Here are some notable entries:

Senior Men: Matthew Markell, Keegan Messing, Nam Nguyen, Conrad Orzel, Roman Sadovsky, Bennet Toman

Senior Women: Gabby Daleman, Michelle Long

Senior Pairs: Boys-Eddy/Mayr, Moore-Towers/Marinaro, Walsh/Michaud

Junior Men: Corey Circelli, Alec Guinzbourg, Iliya Kovler, Mark Gorodnitsky, Shingo Nishiyama

Junior Women: Alison Schumacher, Amelia Orzel, Madeline Schizas, Alexa Matveev, Catherine Carle, Brooke McIntosh

Junior Pairs: Carle/Farand, McIntosh/Toste, Andrew/Daleman, Leung/Fletcher, Ripley/Brawley

Junior Dance: D'Alessandro/Waddell, McIsaac/Circelli, Galiyanova/Lochhead, Bashynska/Beaumont, Kagolovskaya/MacDonald, Yoshida/Nishiyama
    nice typo i will be able to watch some of the friday events.. .i may write comments.. that's what i do

0 Not allowed!
    Starting orders are up.

Iliya Kovler and Alison Schumacher have WD.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Any stream pls

GS Supporter

1 Not allowed!
    Shingo posted on IG last evening that he won't be doing Men's due to his injury, but he will be doing dance.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by milkgirl View Post
    Any stream pls
    Links are on the website page.

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating siberia82's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I used to do screen recordings for some of the guys during the Minto and Toronto events, but my health is still in rough shape, which is why I wasn't able to make any vids for Minto, and I'm not sure if I'll have the energy to do so later today. It sucks that Skate Ontario didn't archive the Minto livestreams, so I can't even download the files and cut out individual performances, and I imagine it will be same for this competition.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
    Iliya Kovler and Alison Schumacher have WD.
    Darn.

2 Not allowed!
    The RDs of all notable teams:

Galiyanova/Lochhead - "How 'Bout A Dance?" and then a long instrumental section (Bonnie & Clyde). Lots of acting moments in this, and the return of the car chase bit from Piper & Paul's Bond free dance is good for a nostalgia hit. Well-skated here. As mentioned above, the "no dying on the ice" rule is a bit of a hindrance here. 56.59.

McIsaac/Circelli - "I'd Rather Be Blue" and "Don't Rain On My Parade" (Funny Girl). Not their best effort, by any stretch, kind of lacking in energy in many places. 51.01.

Kagolovskaya/MacDonald - "Lullaby of Broadway" and "42nd Street" (42nd Street). Good effort from them. 50.

Yoshida/Nishiyama - "I Can Do That" and "One" (A Chorus Line). Disastrous opening where he stumbles (right after the line "knew every step right off the bat"), then she falls on her butt on nothing and misses the entire first twizzle set. They rally admirably after that. 43.80.

Buch-Weeke/Woodcock - "You And Me" (Victoria/Victoria); and "Puttin' on the Ritz", used in many musicals, including one of the same name. This is the new Danish/Canadian junior team representing Denmark, who just teamed up a few months ago. They skate the program nicely, but obviously they're just getting started, seeing as they place below the Japanese. 43.61.

D'Alessandro/Waddell - "He Loves and She Loves" (Funny Face, the 1927 musical, not the Astaire/Hepburn movie that ditched almost everything from its source), "Le Jazz Hot" (Victor/Victoria). The heirs apparent to the throne at last appear, and judging from their big score despite Bruce clearly looking not-quite-his-best (I'm guessing he was indeed injured for a bit, and that's why we didn't see them at Minto despite Natalie being there), they're on course to get where they want to go. 61.17, 1st.

Bashynska/Beaumont - "Getting to Know You" and "Shall We Dance?" (The King and I). These two are definitely the most-improved over last season, and having seen them skate this program three times already, they have the best pattern of any of the Canadian juniors, I think. They really float through it in a way that feels effortless. Narrowly behind D/W in the standings. I wonder if the ending pose couldn't be made a bit more dramatic. 61.08, 2nd.

---

Lanaghan/Razgulajevs - "Money" (Cabaret) and "Big Spender" (Sweet Charity). Our lone senior team here (and thus the easy winners), nicely skated program, maybe not as intricate as you might expect a Fosse tribute from Carol Lane and Juris Razgulajevs to look.

0 Not allowed!
    Gabby has withdrawn.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Stream is choppy...now it stopped

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
    Stream is choppy...now it stopped

Stopped in both rinks . Can't even watch junior ladies in rink 2.

1 Not allowed!
    Gabby withdrew? I guess I don't care about the garbage/disappearing streams then. Though I do generally enjoy watching the unknown skaters, hope the streams come back.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jillredhand View Post
    Gabby withdrew? I guess I don't care about the garbage/disappearing streams then. Though I do generally enjoy watching the unknown skaters, hope the streams come back.
    I wanted to watch Michelle Long, but it looks like the stream still isn't working.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Stream is back!

PS Stream was back, LOL

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    It is currently raining in the Greater Toronto Area, could be the reason for the livestream issues

0 Not allowed!
    Argh, the stream still isn't working! I'm going to miss Corey Circelli!

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Rain has stopped more than an hour ago, at least in Mississauga. Stream was so bad. I suppose Michelle Long leads. But I have no idea how other skaters did. Stream was choppy, stopped, different speeds when it worked it looked mostly at double speed like in old movies.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    In abominable conditions I realized Correy fell on his Axel, apparently did a double-double combi and a triple Loop??? At that speed it's difficult to asses

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast