2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

Ykai

On the Ice
yeah it's just the dress, this video is from the peggy fleming trophy in a different dress. she looks and skates (not any more labored) the same as nationals as in January, but even if she did gain weight, it's not our business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asVscEd7Ujw

Oh, I love this program, the music choice is great. Her skating is so very much connected to the music, and it is graceful, passionate and very moving.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Wow she gained a lot of weight. Hope she can get in peak form soon.

She is rotating triple-triple combos and skating a clean short program in July. To me, that indicates that she’s in fine shape for July. Her Peggy Fleming program was nice as well. I don’t see how her weight matters when her triples and skating skills look THIS nice this EARLY in the season.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Facinating how she jumps this kind of jumps with nearly no speed at all

I wouldn't say she has no or nearly no speed, especially on the quads. It seems to me that Alysa has quite a consistent triple axel. Even 3A Queen Rika isn't as consistent as one might hope. If Alysa can land her 3A consistently and add a quad (or even not), I expect her to do quite well on the junior circuit (and at US Nationals) this year.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
yeah it's just the dress, this video is from the peggy fleming trophy in a different dress. she looks and skates (not any more labored) the same as nationals as in January, but even if she did gain weight, it's not our business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asVscEd7Ujw

Well, it's also not our business that she changed dresses either.... But on a discussion board we comment what we see before our eyes. I had to go find a video of her last year to remember what she looked like!

Ykai

On the Ice
Facinating how she jumps this kind of jumps with nearly no speed at all

I watched her program at Broadmoor open on YT and her 4lz technique seems to be different than other skaters. She was not holding her backward one foot glide like others, but only lifted her right leg right before she picked. I couldn't see very clearly from the videos, but looks to me that she was having full blade assistance rather than just the toe pick. I could be wrong.

macy

Record Breaker
Well, it's also not our business that she changed dresses either.... But on a discussion board we comment what we see before our eyes. I had to go find a video of her last year to remember what she looked like!

skaters often do this for different events, even within the same competition (outside of SP/LP). it's not uncommon.