2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

ice coverage

Record Breaker
HUGE thank you to haribobo and Sylvia from F.S.U. for compiling this list.

https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/u-s-ladies-26-bell-boots-and-camel.105458/post-5607788

SUMMER COMPETITION SCORES THUS FAR

JUNIOR

6. Elsa Cheng 147, NACS (Novice)

TBD - *Aubrey Ignacio P, Laura Jacobsen E, *Calista Choi M

More scores:

- Calista Choi 138.29 Skate Milwaukee

- Elsa Cheng 158.83 Skate Milwaukee (NQS Novice -- i.e., non-NAC)

ETA (on Jul 18):
To be crystal-clear: Calista's Skate Milwaukee score is from NQS Junior. (Lest anyone assume otherwise for some reason.)​

frida80

Record Breaker
And Lake Placid International . . . eventually.

Did they ever post last years? I don’t think we got protocols for anyone last year from the larger comps aside from Philly International because of the change in the scoring system. Extremely frustrating! I need protocols!

natsulian

Final Flight
Thank you ice coverage. Calista usually scores poorly during the summer months, but begins to peak during Nationals. Last season, she wasn’t even in the running for N1, but came into Nationals squeaky clean and scored 160. Best of luck to her and of course her pairs endeavors as well.

lusterfan

Final Flight
Does anyone have details on the competition Karen was in? I know it's still early, so she should definitely not be at her peak. However, her total score seems somewhat low given what she showed and received in the short (70+) at the Broadmoor Open. Just curious. :scratch2:

frida80

Record Breaker
Does anyone have details on the competition Karen was in? I know it's still early, so she should definitely not be at her peak. However, her total score seems somewhat low given what she showed and received in the short (70+) at the Broadmoor Open. Just curious. :scratch2:

Not really. Karen hasn’t competed in over a year. A FS takes a lot of stamina and jumps take a while to get back. Also the first time skaters perform FS over the summer tends to be rough. I think she’ll get better over the season.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
It's quite common for SPs to be ready before LPs. Especially for seniors, who start their regular season after the juniors are done. Generally, I think if you are out there in July, it is a good sign.

Or to put it another way,
Hanyu scored 97.71 in his SP at Autumn Classic last year. (Very nice start). But 165.91 in the LP. (Typical pre-season hot mess).

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
When do we get to see another competition? With champs camp coming in a month, that’s just a month’s worth of time to decide who gets the SA host spot. When is the Philadelphia competition and the Glacier Falls Classic?

natsulian

Final Flight
Glacier Falls starts this Friday whilst Philadelphia will begins on July 30th. Megan will be vying for that spot and so will a few others.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Glacier Falls starts this Friday whilst Philadelphia will begins on July 30th. Megan will be vying for that spot and so will a few others.
Thanks! And I just saw on sylviaunseen Twitter that Gabriella Izzo will be at glacier falls too!

Have Megan or Gabriella announced their programs yet?

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
So, glacier falls competition begins today? And we’ll see Alysa Liu, Megan Wessenberg, and Gabriella Izzo? Does anyone know? I can’t find any information anywhere.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
So, glacier falls competition begins today? And we’ll see Alysa Liu, Megan Wessenberg, and Gabriella Izzo? Does anyone know? I can’t find any information anywhere.

https://twitter.com/sylviaunseen/status/1151245409509154816?s=21

Sylvia has posted the full list on FSU in the Kiss n Cry area, which requires paid access. Since she indicated that she posted it “with permission,” I’m not going to copy it here. But the three ladies you are asking about are mentioned in her tweet and on her posted list. Her tweet contains info about the cost and location of the competition. The event schedule, which does not include names, is posted at the link she provided. If a full list of competitors is posted, it will be published there. I would guess that Sylvia will be posting updates with scores on Twitter, but I don’t know that for sure. I don’t think there is a live stream. In the past, the club provided videos to Ice Network a week or so after competition ends. Since Ice Network no longer exists, you could check USFS fan zone. Otherwise, it will just be whatever videos fans post on Twitter or YouTube.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
More scores:

- Calista Choi 138.29 Skate Milwaukee

- Elsa Cheng 158.83 Skate Milwaukee (NQS Novice -- i.e., non-NACS)

ETA (on Jul 18):
To be crystal-clear: Calista's Skate Milwaukee score is from NQS Junior. (Lest anyone assume otherwise for some reason.)​

Can you provide a link to the skate Milwaukee results?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I don’t think there is a live stream. In the past, the club provided videos to Ice Network a week or so after competition ends. Since Ice Network no longer exists, you could check USFS fan zone. Otherwise, it will just be whatever videos fans post on Twitter or YouTube.

Live video of Glacier Falls is available for purchase:

No archiving, apparently -- live only.

Can you provide a link to the skate Milwaukee results?

I don't have one.