I hope they change Alysa’s layout:
- 3A+3T
- 4Lz
- 3A
- 3S
- 3F+Eu+3S
- 3Lz+2T
- 3Lo

If Alysa botches the 4Lz, she can still rely on her 3A’s plus the other combos. Doing a two 3A and two 4Lz program and hoping they are rotated is too demanding, even for the most talented skater. I think they’re moving too fast too quickly. We still have two more seasons until the Olympic season so she has time to grow and add in the harder elements. Of course, Alysa has a history of botching one program at Glacier Falls (last year I think it was the short where she fell and under-rotated her jumps).

I'd love it if she'd do something like this :)
3A-3T
4Lz
3A
3Lo
---
3Lz-Eu-3Sx
3Lz-2Tx
3Fx

I think only one 4Lz is key right now because the +REP score really impacts the FS score. I think her 3A is steady enough to do 3A-3T, and those transitions are insane :eeking:

natsulian

Final Flight
The transitions in and out of her 3A’s and other jumps are SO difficult. Her team is very smart because they know speed and skating skills are her problems, so they’re masking it with a slow song and millions of transitions. If a non-avid fan of skating were to watch her programs, they would be unable to tell that her edges and skating skills are subpar. Of course, she will continue to work on them so I’m hopeful that she will blossom. People are so used to her sticking those landings that watching her “struggle” was a shock.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
The transitions in and out of her 3A’s and other jumps are SO difficult. Her team is very smart because they know speed and skating skills are her problems, so they’re masking it with a slow song and millions of transitions. If a non-avid fan of skating were to watch her programs, they would be unable to tell that her edges and skating skills are subpar. Of course, she will continue to work on them so I’m hopeful that she will blossom. People are so used to her sticking those landings that watching her “struggle” was a shock.
Agree to everything! Yes, it really was a shock seeing Alysa fall and pop her jumps. She usually lands everything even if it is under. From the looks of it they worked on the height of her Quad Lutz it was much higher so maybe it got more instable, which is understandable. Or maybe it was just a fluke. Alysa has always been so consistent to it was about to happen that she would show us that she is human after all ;) :D

natsulian

Final Flight
Agree to everything! Yes, it really was a shock seeing Alysa fall and pop her jumps. She usually lands everything even if it is under. From the looks of it they worked on the height of her Quad Lutz it was much higher so maybe it got more instable, which is understandable. Or maybe it was just a fluke. Alysa has always been so consistent to it was about to happen that she would show us that she is human after all ;) :D

The second 4Lz was fully rotated as it was slightly under 90°, so I think Alysa will land a successfully rotated 4Lz with good height soon. Alysa landed one or two at Broadmoor that were rotated, but she always under-rotates the 4Lz+2T, so I think just having one 4Lz is enough. Alysa needs to work on speed entering the jumps because the 3Lz+3T, 3F+3T, and 3A+3T always have a problem with under-rotations on the 3T. If she has more speed, she won’t have to worry about relying on rotational speed to pull off the combos.

From my observations of Alysa, who will be turning 14 this August, I think she can be a very lyrical skater.

Pros:
- Mental fortitude and stamina (girl did two 3-3s after falling on quads... in the second half of her program)
- Jumps (not the best technique, but she has time to improve just like everyone else)
- Maturity on the ice FOR HER AGE
- Packaged very well
- Plays to her strengths and interprets her pieces as well as she can

Cons:
- Speed (she needs the speed to be able to jump these 3As and quads... plus it will help her skating to become more powerful)
- Skating skills (needs to gain power from each stroke of the blade... probably just an age thing and will gain power once she ages)
- Too much too soon (probably her team’s fault, but her layout is TOO demanding)
- Technique (Yes, her technique is a little wonky, so she will need to fix them if she doesn’t want to get edge calls and under-rotations)

I know over-hyping Alysa is a terrible decision as we can never know how someone’s career will pan out at such a young age, so I just want to enjoy her skating and amazing technical abilities for what they are. Best of luck to her.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I liked it before but now I can say I really love this FS for Alysa. Lori did a great job in finding music and choreography to play to Alysa's strengths and potential. Now, if she truly did drop her new SP for last years, I'll be really happy because I wasn't feeling the new SP.

katymay

Medalist
I liked it before but now I can say I really love this FS for Alysa. Lori did a great job in finding music and choreography to play to Alysa's strengths and potential. Now, if she truly did drop her new SP for last years, I'll be really happy because I wasn't feeling the new SP.

I like the FS, the music is unobtrusive, which is always a safe choice. Some of the choreography in the middle seemed to be missing (StepSeq), so assuming this is a work in progress. The short-well, I despise that particular song,-for some reason Streisand's voice makes me want to scream, and that song in particular...welll... I'll just watch it on mute. As far as the 3A-I think doing a 3A out of a rocker might be too ambitious-it would be too ambitious for many men who have solid 3A's. It will be fun to watch her on the Junior Grand Prix circuit.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
The second 4Lz was fully rotated as it was slightly under 90°, so I think Alysa will land a successfully rotated 4Lz with good height soon. Alysa landed one or two at Broadmoor that were rotated, but she always under-rotates the 4Lz+2T, so I think just having one 4Lz is enough. Alysa needs to work on speed entering the jumps because the 3Lz+3T, 3F+3T, and 3A+3T always have a problem with under-rotations on the 3T. If she has more speed, she won’t have to worry about relying on rotational speed to pull off the combos.

From my observations of Alysa, who will be turning 14 this August, I think she can be a very lyrical skater.

Pros:
- Mental fortitude and stamina (girl did two 3-3s after falling on quads... in the second half of her program)
- Jumps (not the best technique, but she has time to improve just like everyone else)
- Maturity on the ice FOR HER AGE
- Packaged very well
- Plays to her strengths and interprets her pieces as well as she can

Cons:
- Speed (she needs the speed to be able to jump these 3As and quads... plus it will help her skating to become more powerful)
- Skating skills (needs to gain power from each stroke of the blade... probably just an age thing and will gain power once she ages)
- Too much too soon (probably her team’s fault, but her layout is TOO demanding)
- Technique (Yes, her technique is a little wonky, so she will need to fix them if she doesn’t want to get edge calls and under-rotations)

I know over-hyping Alysa is a terrible decision as we can never know how someone’s career will pan out at such a young age, so I just want to enjoy her skating and amazing technical abilities for what they are. Best of luck to her.
I noticed as well that her second Lutz was more around :) she really made progress on that. Maybe also because the comp was not in Colorado this time.
Agree, working on that speed should really be their main focus the next seasons and then everything else will follow suit. I already love her presence on the ice, she is also a performer in my eyes. She performed the heck out of her SP last season. It was adorable.

- - - Updated - - -

I liked her new SP. I cannot stand to listen ro Barbara Streisand's song another season. I hope she uses her new SP for JGP.

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
It was jarring to see her pop the axel and the fall several times but she hung in there. And it’s still SO early so there is plenty of time for her to continue to work through these things. I also think she should keep trying the harder elements, even if that means she’s not necessarily on the podium in every junior competition. I’d rather her be like Rika Kihira and maybe not win much during her juniors but really continue to grow and work on the hard elements to be competitive as soon as she turns seniors.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
It was jarring to see her pop the axel and the fall several times but she hung in there. And it’s still SO early so there is plenty of time for her to continue to work through these things. I also think she should keep trying the harder elements, even if that means she’s not necessarily on the podium in every junior competition. I’d rather her be like Rika Kihira and maybe not win much during her juniors but really continue to grow and work on the hard elements to be competitive as soon as she turns seniors.

Not quite sure what you mean by saying she has plenty of time to work through things, but I doubt she would be starting the season with two 3A and 2 4Z in her free skate if she didn’t care about winning now.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Not quite sure what you mean by saying she has plenty of time to work through things, but I doubt she would be starting the season with two 3A and 2 4Z in her free skate if she didn’t care about winning now.

They meant she has enough time to train before seniors

natsulian

Final Flight
Summer Scores for Frontrunners for Junior Nationals:
1. Jessica Lin, 164.72 - Listed on the ISP and has a 3T+3T
2. Ellen Slavicek, 163.71 - Not listed on the ISP and has never made it to Nationals
3. Lindsay Thorngren, 161 - Listed on the ISP and has a 3Lz+3T, 3F+2T+2Lo, and 2A+3T
4. Elsa Cheng, 158 - Not listed on the ISP
5. Isabeau Levito, 156 - Not eligible for JGP and has 3S+3T and 3Lo+3T and is working 3Lz+3T
6. Finley Hawk, 151
7. Emma Coppess, 149
8. Mia Kalin, 147 - Not eligible for JGP and has 3Lz+3T, 3F+Eu+3S, and is working on a 3A (Same rink as Alysa and trains with her sometimes)
9. Noelle Rosa, 146 - 3Lz+3T
10. Isabelle Inthisone, 144 - Listed on the ISP and has a 3F+3T and is working on a 4T
11. Alena Budko, 143
12. Kate Wang, 141 - Has 3Lz+3Lo and 3Lz+3T
16. Calista Choi, 138 - On the ISP and Choi's highest international score is around 160.

Summer Scores for Ladies Competing as Juniors Internationally:
1. Alysa Liu, 214
2. Hanna Harrell (?), 182
3. Gabriella Izzo, 169 - Said that she wants to compete as a junior internationally in a recent article
4. Emilia Murdock, 146 - Highest international score is 176 at Golden Bear in 2018
5. Sarah Jung (?), 143

? - Not sure

Sources: Protocols/Results from https://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/competitions/

nataliebunard12

Rinkside

soooo tru, I love her transitions in her pogram. She is really uping the game for the us ladies

nataliebunard12

Rinkside
Summer Scores for Frontrunners for Junior Nationals:
1. Jessica Lin, 164.72 - Listed on the ISP and has a 3T+3T
2. Ellen Slavicek, 163.71 - Not listed on the ISP and has never made it to Nationals
3. Lindsay Thorngren, 161 - Listed on the ISP and has a 3Lz+3T, 3F+2T+2Lo, and 2A+3T
4. Elsa Cheng, 158 - Not listed on the ISP
5. Isabeau Levito, 156 - Not eligible for JGP and has 3S+3T and 3Lo+3T and is working 3Lz+3T
6. Finley Hawk, 151
7. Emma Coppess, 149
8. Mia Kalin, 147 - Not eligible for JGP and has 3Lz+3T, 3F+Eu+3S, and is working on a 3A (Same rink as Alysa and trains with her sometimes)
9. Noelle Rosa, 146 - 3Lz+3T
10. Isabelle Inthisone, 144 - Listed on the ISP and has a 3F+3T and is working on a 4T
11. Alena Budko, 143
12. Kate Wang, 141 - Has 3Lz+3Lo and 3Lz+3T

Sources: Protocols/Results from https://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/competitions/
dont forget that some juniors who might go internationltiy are in senir like hanna, sarah, maybe pooja, alysa

natsulian

Final Flight
dont forget that some juniors who might go internationltiy are in senir like hanna, sarah, maybe pooja, alysa

The list is strictly for those competing at Nationals as juniors. As far as I know, Gabriella and Alysa will be competing as juniors internationally, but senior domestically. Hanna, Pooja, and Sarah are still up in the air since they have not announced whether or not they are competing as seniors internationally.

Decided to add another list.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Where is the very first jgp event, anyway? And the US can send 2 ladies, right? I’m guessing it’ll be Alysa and someone else, unless USFSA doesn’t want her to go up against Kamila, who I’m sure is getting assigned to the first jgp.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Where is the very first jgp event, anyway? And the US can send 2 ladies, right? I’m guessing it’ll be Alysa and someone else, unless USFSA doesn’t want her to go up against Kamila, who I’m sure is getting assigned to the first jgp.

The first event is in Courchevel, France. I doubt Alysa will go, as she'll probably be sent to JGP Lake Placid, which is the following week (and at that event, the US can send 3 ladies :))

katymay

Medalist

France I think. And I wouldn't assume that-I've suspect that Eteri likes to put her girls closer to home. On the other hand, Kamila is ready to go-same short as last year. But I am guessing the first two JGP's (France and US) will be non-Eteri juniors. Of course, I might be 100% wrong. Last year they had to be spaced out-one Eteri star per JGP.