Adam Rippon in New Taylor Swift Music Video | Golden Skate

Adam Rippon in New Taylor Swift Music Video

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Y-Daughter and I already know the lyrics to the entire song. I love it so much, even though I’m sure it’ll soon become another overplayed T-Swift anthem, similar to “Shake It Off.”

I literally squealed when I saw Adam in the video. I’m so proud of him and his post-Pyeongchang successes. Yeah yeah, I know, he “only” won bronze in the team event; blah blah, he wasn’t a quad king, yadda yadda, he can come off as cocky (I’d personally use the word confident), and most people either love him or hate him.

It’s just great to see a figure skater being embraced by the mainstream spotlight, which tends to have the ripple effect of drawing in new skating fans. Lord knows, the sport could use them. Meryl and Charlie also received a similar accomplishment, post Sochi in 2014; but prior to winning their OGM, USFSA didn’t have an internationally renowned “poster child” for the sport, arguably since the retirement of Michelle Kwan.

I’d even go as far as to say that Adam, being a proud member of the LGBTQ community, is a role model for individuals who are struggling to embrace their sexuality, afraid of the implications of simply being themselves.

Keep doing what you’re doing, Adam. I’ll forever be your fan. :)

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
also, (assuming he gave permission for it), I just saw P!nk's Beautiful Trauma tour last night, and before "What about us", there's a video montage where she talks about being yourself/not letting others stop you being who you are/LGBT+ and it has clips of Adam from the Pyeongchang Olympics :)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
also, (assuming he gave permission for it), I just saw P!nk's Beautiful Trauma tour last night, and before "What about us", there's a video montage where she talks about being yourself/not letting others stop you being who you are/LGBT+ and it has clips of Adam from the Pyeongchang Olympics :)

Adam is everywhere! In one episode from the first season of Stephen Colbert’s animated mockumentary: “Our Cartoon President,” about the current Trump administration, Donald Trump went on a hilarious spiel about Adam Rippon. Of course, I’ve completely forgotten the context and now must look it up, but I remember getting so excited at the exact second I heard his name.

It reminds me of all the Tonya and Nancy puns in the WB cartoon Anamaniacs back in the 90s. “We need to call in the national guard! Or better yet: Tonya Harding’s bodyguard!” Ten year old SarahSynchro nearly killed herself laughing every time they were referenced. :rofl: