Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2019-20 U.S. Ice Dance

avatar credit: @miyan5605 ice coverage's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Bio for Caroline Green/Michael Parsons has been added to USFS fan zone.

FWIW, it says, "Teamed up in June 2019." (As opposed to any earlier -- again, FWIW.)

It makes reference to the previous partnerships with Gordon and with Rachel, without saying that either one has retired.

It does not (yet?) give any information re coaches, although the format of previous fan zone bios has been to list coaches.
    (For example, as in the old fan zone bio for the Parsons.)

ETA (on Jul 9):
    As something new for 2019-20, looks as if fan zone might be adding bios for coaches?? The 2019-20 index page for skaters does not have any skater bios yet, but it shows a link for "Go To Coaching Staff."
    Maybe that is why the new Green/Parsons bio does not (yet?) list coaches.

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Kirill Aksenov just listed himself on IPS. So there's your confirmation that Karnes & Aksenov have split.

2 Not allowed!
    Getting to Know: Angela Ling & Caleb Wein (another installment in IDC's series on new partnerships):

I am intrigued by this part :
    Our free dance is to baroque style music but we are taking a modern dance approach with our dancing and movement style. It is loosely inspired by a performance by the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater of Wayne McGregor’s Kairos, which is danced to Vivaldi’s Four Seasons. As the season progresses, we look to take this modern style forward to create something unique and exciting.

Fun (at least for me) fact: Before joining forces with Caleb, Angela most recently had been training at Ilderton Skating Club.
    Hope it is a good omen for the new partnership.

Good luck to all competing at Cannon Texas Open.

(Whoever they might be.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dance View Post
    Kirill Aksenov just listed himself on IPS. So there's your confirmation that Karnes & Aksenov have split.
    Thanks.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Results for the Texas Cannon Open are being posted here:
    https://www.facebook.com/icedancecom/
    (There's no stream so I assume that's why no play-by-play thread).

-Junior debuts for Tkachenko & Kiliakov and Lin & Sletten

-New partnership debuts for Ling & Wein and I assume for Ritter & Wang. I can't remember if Loughlin & Petrenko did the RD at the Chesapeake Open or not. I know they haven't skated their FD yet.

-Season debut for Nguyen & Kolesnik. And boy did Wolkostin & Chen give them a run for their money in the RD. 0.15 between first & second (granted W&C have already competed twice this summer).

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dance View Post
    ... -New partnership debuts for Ling & Wein and I assume for Ritter & Wang. I can't remember if Loughlin & Petrenko did the RD at the Chesapeake Open or not. I know they haven't skated their FD yet.

-Season debut for Nguyen & Kolesnik. And boy did Wolkostin & Chen give them a run for their money in the RD. 0.15 between first & second (granted W&C have already competed twice this summer).
    Glad that Wang has a new partner. (Wonder whether they hope to represent the U.S.?)

ETA (on Jul 13):
    Maybe the answer is Yes re Ritter/Wang representing the U.S.?
    Their U.S. clubs are listed on the results sheet -- whereas Loughlin/Petrenko both are listed as Azerbaijan.

Those who competed RD both at Chesapeake and Cannon:

W/C, whose RD score stayed about the same.

FWIW, higher RD score at Cannon for Ales/Tsarik and Lavrova/Gart. (And for Loughlin/Petrenko.)
    (NQS rankings will compare scores from different comps, so I am not refraining from doing so. Again, FWIW.)

Howard Zhao just updated his bio on icepartnersearch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123