2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced

P44

On the Ice
Do you really think that Med has a chance against Sasha? :palmf:

I sincerely believe that this is not an impossible scenario. If Evgenia is clean, she can beat a Sasha who plans 2 quads and falls on 1 of them because no one is infaillible and I don't know if she will take the risk of including 3 quads in her free program this season. It was good to experience it in junior when the podium (and even gold) was guaranteed anyway but it will not be so simple anymore.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I hyperventilate beacuse I saw there is Han Yan on the list! :love: :love: :love:

ETA: Also glad for Kostornaia, Yuhana Yokoi and Nic Nadeau! :hap93:

Now, I have some new avatar to be made....

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I think she has a great chance as an alternate. Somewhere, someone will drop out, be injured, retire etc.

I believe for her to get a spot as a replacement a Russian lady would have to drop out since they already have 3 Russians on every GP

Fluture

Record Breaker
Why do you constantly switch to who loves whom and who dislike whom? Try to discuss calmly, everyone have a right to their opinion.

Yeah, but posting “ :palmf: :palmf: :palmf: “ and ”Do you seriously think...“ as the only responses to a post is not exactly discussing calmly and reasonably either, is it? Just saying. :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

I believe for her to get a spot as a replacement a Russian lady would have to drop out since they already have 3 Russians on every GP

I really like Nastya but I hope this will not happen. Because it would mean one of the Russian ladies is injured...

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
A few things to say:

The IDF and NHK looks stacked for ice dance.
The top 3 Russian junior ladies of last year don't compete against each other for any of the GPs...so there's a chance all 3 will makes the GPF.
I'm a bit surprised Alaine Chartrand isn't on the list here.
I fully expect to be surprised by the men's events as always.

Yeah, I'm surprised about Chartrand, too, especially with Mallet on the list.

macy

Record Breaker
i think everyone needs to take a step back and remember that a loooooot of funky things can happen a skaters first senior season. it is a very different ballgame than junior competition and with that comes added pressure and usually harder tech content. the combination of the two often leads to nerves and mistakes. obviously we don't know how 3A will handle this new season at all, even based on past junior results, so i wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions as to who is going to beat who. many seniors have a PCS/reputation cushion too, and new seniors don't have that yet.

may the best skater win :hap10:

Maju

On the Ice
My predictions (which are almost impossible to make at this stage but that doesn’t stop me ;) ) What do you guys think?

Skate America
1: Anna SHCHERBAKOVA
2: Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
3: Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA

Skate Canada
1: Alexandra TRUSOVA
2: Rika KIHIRA
3: Evgenia MEDVEDEVA

Internationaux de France
1: Alina ZAGITOVA
2: Alëna KOSTORNAIA
3: Kaori SAKAMOTO

Cup of China
2: Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA
3: Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA

Rostelecom
2: Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
3: Satoko MIYAHARA

NHK
1: Rika KIHIRA
2: Alina ZAGITOVA
3: Alëna KOSTORNAIA

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
My predictions (which are almost impossible to make at this stage but that doesn’t stop me ;) ) What do you guys think?

Skate America
2: Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
3: Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA

Skate Canada
2: Rika KIHIRA
3: Evgenia MEDVEDEVA

Internationaux de France
1: Alina ZAGITOVA
2: Alëna KOSTORNAIA
3: Kaori SAKAMOTO

Cup of China
2: Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA
3: Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA

Rostelecom
2: Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
3: Satoko MIYAHARA

NHK
1: Rika KIHIRA
2: Alina ZAGITOVA
3: Alëna KOSTORNAIA
Skate Canada will definitely depend on how they skate. Clean or not. I mean tis important in any of those competitions, but here especially, if for example rika is unclean like last year at the most important competitions than zhenya could be in second place, if Sasha is unclean it could mean first place for rika if she is clean, or even if it seems unlikely zhenya, if Sasha stays clean she will win. Same with nhk, it will depend on how clean rika and alina are for example if both make faults and alena stays clean she could also get first place, if alina is clean and rika is not than alina would probably get first place. Otherwise I my prediction would be the same as yours

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
That's some bull*#@% right there with the Russian Fed not inviting any US Ice Dance teams just so they can protect their precious teams. :dev2: And no US Ladies at COC? So China raids the US to get girls to skate for them then doesn't assign any US Ladies at COC? :disagree:

I don’t think there were any USA Ice Dance teams or Ladies left to be invited though :shocked:

andromache

Record Breaker
I think Alina, Shcherbakova, Trusova, and Rika will make the GPF.

The remaining two spots will go to two of the following, listed in order of most likely to least likely: Lilibet, Kostornaia, Tukt, Zhenya, Kaori, Wakaba (Wakaba is a dark horse pick...but she could be in top form when we see her next so I just want to be prepared!)

Maju

On the Ice
Skate Canada will definitely depend on how they skate. Clean or not. I mean tis important in any of those competitions, but here especially, if for example rika is unclean like last year at the most important competitions than zhenya could be in second place, if Sasha is unclean it could mean first place for rika if she is clean, or even if it seems unlikely zhenya, if Sasha stays clean she will win. Same with nhk, it will depend on how clean rika and alina are for example if both make faults and alena stays clean she could also get first place, if alina is clean and rika is not than alina would probably get first place. Otherwise I my prediction would be the same as yours
I definitely agree with you! It’s certainly liable to change based on how clean everyone skates. I’m so excited for this season!

LadyB

Record Breaker
All I need to know is that Piper & Paul are coming to Rostelecom!!!!! :yahoo::hap57: I'll see them live eventually!!!
Other than that SinKats, T/M, Boikova/Kozlovski and Zhenya! Can't wait :biggrin:

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I definitely agree with you! It’s certainly liable to change based on how clean everyone skates. I’m so excited for this season!
And it will also depend on if Anna lands her quads this year more often then last season, if so than yes she probably will win her competitions too, but if she will bomb a quad more often than land it like last season than it could also easily mean she will loose.

ruga

Final Flight
I have also made my predictions (will come to laugh at them some 5 months later)
SkAm:
1. Anna SHCHERBAKOVA
2. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
3. Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA

SkCan:
1. Alexandra TRUSOVA
2. Rika KIHIRA
3. Evgenia MEDVEDEVA

France:
1. Alina ZAGITOVA
2. Alena KOSTORNAIA
3. Kaori SAKAMOTO

China:
1. Anna SHCHERBAKOVA
2. Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA
3. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA

Russia:
1. Alexandra TRUSOVA
2. Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
3. Satoko MIYAHARA

NHK:
1. Rika KIHIRA
2. Alina ZAGITOVA
3. Alena KOSTORNAIA

GPF entries
1. Trusova
2. Shcherbakova
3. Kihira
4. Zagitova
5/6. Medvedeva/Kostornaia/Tuktamysheva/Tursynbaeva

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
So excited to see Keegan's name on the Skate America list! Last time I saw him in competition was in 2008 at US Nationals! :rock:

Maju

On the Ice
I have also made my predictions (will come to laugh at them some 5 months later)
SkAm:
1. Anna SHCHERBAKOVA
2. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
3. Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA

SkCan:
1. Alexandra TRUSOVA
2. Rika KIHIRA
3. Evgenia MEDVEDEVA

France:
1. Alina ZAGITOVA
2. Alena KOSTORNAIA
3. Kaori SAKAMOTO

China:
1. Anna SHCHERBAKOVA
2. Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA
3. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA

Russia:
1. Alexandra TRUSOVA
2. Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
3. Satoko MIYAHARA

NHK:
1. Rika KIHIRA
2. Alina ZAGITOVA
3. Alena KOSTORNAIA

GPF entries
1. Trusova
2. Shcherbakova
3. Kihira
4. Zagitova
5/6. Medvedeva/Kostornaia/Tuktamysheva/Tursynbaeva
Great minds think alike ;)
My GPF is Rika, Sasha, Anna, Zhenya or Alena, Alina and Elizabet.

LadyB

Record Breaker
So looking forward to Rostelecom!!! Piper & Paul live!!!! So happy :luv17:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
no Donovan Carrillo yet; no Italian ladies yet.

That was also my biggest hope.

With his new found support perhaps he can get some Challenger Bs and sneak in as a replacement, he would be a very convenient last minute replacement for the NA GPs

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
The top 3 Russian junior ladies of last year don't compete against each other for any of the GPs...so there's a chance all 3 will makes the GPF.

Eek, good point! This season is going to be nuts with all of them being senior now and bringing their quads with them... :shocked: