Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: 2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawwerg View Post
    Seems like Korovin has retired.
    Pity if that's true. And Alisa will have to find a new partner.

4 Not allowed!
    It would really be a pity if Korovin had retired, I felt they were just coming together nicely...

As for the Juniors: Yeah, I'm really gutted for Mukhametzyanova/Mironov, I love them! There are so talented and fun to watch. After the great season they had, they should have gone to Jun Worlds... ah well, they are young an will have a great career.

I also love Mukhortova/Evgeniev, they've got lovely lines when they're skating. Looking forward to all of the young Mozer Pairs in the future.
    Talking of which, Akopova/Shagalov were a bit unlucky not to come second in the Bavarian Open, but they too got all to play for. I love their Carmen, I can see some Klimov moves when Max skates.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawwerg View Post
    Seems like Korovin has retired.
    Quote Originally Posted by flanker View Post
    Pity if that's true. And Alisa will have to find a new partner.
    Seems like the other way round. Wonder what's behind that story. They've been together for so long...

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating...m=main-news-fs

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyB View Post
    Seems like the other way round. Wonder what's behind that story. They've been together for so long...

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating...m=main-news-fs
    Here is Alisa's announcement:
    https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1083160322.html

So, it seems they both are remaining in sport, just separated their ways.

Medalist

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Yes, falls like these in pair skating are gut wrenching to watch. There is another danger when skaters tumble over each other, a blade slashing a face or neck. Hope never to see this in competition.
    A terrifying thought. Pair skating is the pinnacle of figure skating for me, but yeah...

0 Not allowed!

2 Not allowed!
    A wise decision. On the day she won the silver medal with Fedor!

There was no pair boy available in her league, so I'm not totally devastated (and yes, I'm suuuuuuuuuper biased, I didn't want to see a guy other than Fedya next to her)

She is a wonderful skater, even in a single performance, as we could see in Plushenko's show. She will have a fantastic time skating and showing her skills in shows. On this occasions, she could even skate with top class partners, if there is such an opportunity.
    Anyway, she knows lots of people involved in great shows around the world. I'm sure she'll be fine, earning money with what she does best and travelling the world, which she likes best.

Good on ya, Ksu. All the very best to you from the bottom of my heart.

5 Not allowed!
    Pity, she didn't look bad with Novoselov at all. But, one has to admit this, the new wave of the young russian pairs is very strong she would probably have hard times to break through.

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    Pity, she didn't look bad with Novoselov at all. But, one has to admit this, the new wave of the young russian pairs is very strong she would probably have hard times to break through.
    Well, at her prime she did have a triple-triple, before they were so common with the youngsters, but I think her time in competitions has passed. The newer generations of pairs in Russia have a lot to offer.

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    I'm really sad .. I like her skating very much ... but russian pairs is almost fierce like ladies

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyB View Post
    A wise decision. On the day she won the silver medal with Fedor!

There was no pair boy available in her league, so I'm not totally devastated (and yes, I'm suuuuuuuuuper biased, I didn't want to see a guy other than Fedya next to her)

She is a wonderful skater, even in a single performance, as we could see in Plushenko's show. She will have a fantastic time skating and showing her skills in shows. On this occasions, she could even skate with top class partners, if there is such an opportunity.
    Anyway, she knows lots of people involved in great shows around the world. I'm sure she'll be fine, earning money with what she does best and travelling the world, which she likes best.

Good on ya, Ksu. All the very best to you from the bottom of my heart.
    Ah, it’s so bittersweet, but I totally agree that she has so many opportunities available to her. As much as I hoped she could go on to the next Olympics, it just wasn’t meant to be, and there will never be a pair as magical as Stolbova/Klimov for me. I’m going to miss her competing, but I’m sure we’ll still see her around.

And we can always rewatch their Addams Family performance for the rest of our lives

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Kadyrova was 2nd at the Cup of Russia Final in older group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcUwBFFJCIE

Pretty amazing how quickly she was able to switch to pairs.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Kadyrova was 2nd at the Cup of Russia Final in older group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcUwBFFJCIE

Pretty amazing how quickly she was able to switch to pairs.
    Perhaps she was already training with her partner while still competing in singles? Fearless of being thrown and supported at speed and height, skating skill should be perfectly OK for a quick transition. Learning paired skating and the invisible instincts required perhaps came naturally? More training time will have her a honed competitor coming season.

0 Not allowed!
    I agree. Especially in the SP at RC they looked really good. Guess Novoselov is no Massot...although his injury (ies) may have something to do with it. Quite apart from the new wave of pairs (which of course also will have played a part).

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223