2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating

starla16

Medalist
with James/Cipres out, Mishina / Galliamov have a clear path and have good chance to make the grand prix final.
I guess Boikova / Kozlovski can say goodbye to their de facto rus no.3 rank from last season ?

readernick

Medalist
with James/Cipres out, Mishina / Galliamov have a clear path and have good chance to make the grand prix final.
I guess Boikova / Kozlovski can say goodbye to their de facto rus no.3 rank from last season ?

I don't see that. Boikova/Kozlovski have a real presence on the, ice and their programs and elements are great. I don't find Mishina/Galliamov superior.

Ksenia. and her new partner are fabulous but I think they need another year to smooth out the kinks. There were a lot of technical issues at the test skates.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Mishina/Galliamov have the elements, but they are not on the same level PCS-wise. Also, both their GPs are still stacked, so even reached the podium will be a feat in itself.

Artemisa

Final Flight

They have a easier way to get to the final in their grand prix ... but this is just that .... Boikova and Dima have something special, their pcs will be better them Mishina/galliamov ....I think who is threat to boikova/ kozlovski not be the number 3 or will depend of the progress of ksenia until the nationals championships ..

s_parks

Record Breaker
It drives me nuts that P/R don't have triples. The quality of everything else in their skating is such a jarring contrast. I suppose it's pointless to go on ifs, but ugh...

NAOTMAA

Medalist

Making the grand Prix final is great and all but in the end it means nothing. Just ask Liza and P/K last year. How much did making the final help them over Evgenia and B/K who both went to worlds and not the Prix final?

oleada

Record Breaker
I saw Kostiukovich/Yalin's skate in the Russian Cup and they did well, so I have no idea why they weren't assigned at all. Certainly a lot better than Pepeleva/Pleshkov and Shlegova/Kalashnikov

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
T and M haven't looked great so far. They have pretty good material (even not compared to Candyman) but have not really looked great technically r meshing with their music. A bit of a disappointment so far. Zueva hasn't worked magic yet at least

happycamper2554

On the Ice
T and M haven't looked great so far. They have pretty good material (even not compared to Candyman) but have not really looked great technically r meshing with their music. A bit of a disappointment so far. Zueva hasn't worked magic yet at least

Salt Lake City is extremely tough with the altitude for pairs. No one ever looks good. I'm sure they will be better in their next appearance.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Salt Lake City is extremely tough with the altitude for pairs. No one ever looks good. I'm sure they will be better in their next appearance.
I hope that’s the main reason behind the somewhat lacklustre performance. Training went well over the summer and at Test Skates they looked like they are up for it. Their leading role should be in no doubt, especially with J/C not competing. I am surprised and feeling sorry for them at the same time. The glitches we saw in Salt Lake City are unusual for Zhenya and Vovan.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It will be interresting to see who will Russians send to Croatia.

First two spots are probably clear:
Iuliia ARTEMEVA / Mikhail NAZARYCHEV (who will probably win)
Diana MUKHAMETZIANOVA / Ilya MIRONOV (who can be second)

But then there are two pairs who can be sent there:
Stanislava VISLOBOKOVA / Aleksei BRIUKHANOV
Anna SHCHEGLOVA / Ilia KALASHNIKOV

V/B are only sub but they have 9 points. if they will medal, they will go to JGPF, bronze would be enough.
S/K have the entry, but they have only 7 points now, they would need to win silver to get to JGPF and they probably aren't good enough to get over M/M. If they would go and end third, they wouldn't go to JGPF and while US pair Kate FINSTER / Balazs NAGY would go, so it wouldn't be all russian event :)

hanca

Record Breaker
It will be interresting to see who will Russians send to Croatia.

First two spots are probably clear:
Iuliia ARTEMEVA / Mikhail NAZARYCHEV (who will probably win)
Diana MUKHAMETZIANOVA / Ilya MIRONOV (who can be second)

But then there are two pairs who can be sent there:
Stanislava VISLOBOKOVA / Aleksei BRIUKHANOV
Anna SHCHEGLOVA / Ilia KALASHNIKOV

V/B are only sub but they have 9 points. if they will medal, they will go to JGPF, bronze would be enough.
S/K have the entry, but they have only 7 points now, they would need to win silver to get to JGPF and thëy probably aren't good enough to get over M/M. If they would go and end third, they wouldn't go to JGPF and while US pair Kate FINSTER / Balazs NAGY would go, so it wouldn't be all russian event :)

They could also send Petushkova/Malikov or Mukhortova/Evgeneev, who are listed as substitutes. I don’t think the federation cares as much about 5th or 6th place at JGPF, so they may want to give more pairs a chance to get international competition experience.

katymay

Medalist
Does anyone know what happened to Polina and Dimitry? They were my favorite Russian Jr. Pair, and they haven't gotten even one JGP assignment.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Polina in her Instagram said they are absolutely fine, were and are healthy, keep working on and improving. The goals for the season are set and the guys have tons of motivation.
So I don't know why they skipped JGP.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Polina in her Instagram said they are absolutely fine, were and are healthy, keep working on and improving. The goals for the season are set and the guys have tons of motivation.
So I don't know why they skipped JGP.

Here is the message and a picture with the pair on the night train to Saransk for the 2nd stage of the 2019/20 Russian Cup: https://www.instagram.com/p/B217bU0o44O

Well, Saransk isn't in a week or two, so perhaps they were on their back back to Moscow from Sizran?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
JGPF in pairs is essentially junior russian nationals in pairs + the german pair :biggrin: