Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating siberia82's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Is it just me, or are Aleksa's long program and costume very reminiscent of Kevin Reynolds? The McLeod effect is more noticeable here than in his short, IMHO.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    Is it just me, or are Aleksa's long program and costume very reminiscent of Kevin Reynolds? The McLeod effect is more noticeable here than in his short, IMHO.
    The costuming/hair is definitely like Kevin.

Aleksa's actual performances don't much remind me of Kevin, because he's much more musical than Kevin ever was (especially early on), but you can definitely see the similarities from their shared coach.

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    That was the first thing I thought too when he skated. He reminded me so much of Kevin Reynolds but he had a strong skate here under pressure so hopefully he will be more consistent as he develops than Reynolds was.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Green View Post
    The costuming/hair is definitely like Kevin.

Aleksa's actual performances don't much remind me of Kevin, because he's much more musical than Kevin ever was (especially early on), but you can definitely see the similarities from their shared coach.
    Yes, of course Aleksa is already superior to Kevin in terms of his connection to the music (that's why I want that boy to be saved! ) , but it really is striking how strong Joanne's influence is on her students.

2 Not allowed!
    Was thinking similar. He has so much potential and the lightness of his jumps was a thing of beauty. Hopefully in the next few years he can incorporate more speed and strength in his skating style, but a well deserved medal here.

Congrats Aleksa!

4 Not allowed!
    B&B were def. robbed here. Somewhere Didier is slugging his usual (champagne 'n vodka), while recounting his fond memories from Salt Lake.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats to Aleksa, I remember last year at JGP Bratislava thinking he was doing well, but being young and against Gogolev I felt he maybe overlooked, well done.

1 Not allowed!

GS Supporter

1 Not allowed!
    I noticed it right away, even in the SP.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314