Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 116 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

yude

Record Breaker

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Isn't there a concert honoring Yuzu and his music on today? Anyone know if it will be livestreamed?

yude

Record Breaker
Isn't there a concert honoring Yuzu and his music on today? Anyone know if it will be livestreamed?

I've just seen your post now, were you able to watch it? I watched it on TV with my family and the concert was beyond amazing. I tried to hold back tears so many times during the broadcast since my parents were there :laugh: I can't even imagine how it must be emotional to listen and watch the show live at the venue. 2 hours and 15 minutes, it is purely a treasure. I will purchase BR/CD absolutely if they produce them (but I don't think they will...).

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I've just seen your post now, were you able to watch it? I watched it on TV with my family and the concert was beyond amazing. I tried to hold back tears so many times during the broadcast since my parents were there :laugh: I can't even imagine how it must be emotional to listen and watch the show live at the venue. 2 hours and 15 minutes, it is purely a treasure. I will purchase BR/CD absolutely if they produce them (but I don't think they will...).

No.... hoping someone on the web will upload it. Which - given that it's Yuzuru - is possible.

yude

Record Breaker
My mind while watching the concert.

PW: Awww, he has made 19 WR so far, but this was the very beginning, 95 points in SP at SA!! :yay:

NDP: He had been very thin this season...was sick at GPF and couldn't skate in the Gala, both legs were injured at WC but finished in the 4th, saved 3 spots for Sochi Oly :sad21:

POTO: He came back! After CoC accident, he came back! :sad4:

H&L: Magnificent performance at WC in Finland, after placing in the 5th in SP, rose to the gold medal, what a man...:sad46:

Chopin: (circles my head to the first phrase as in the program)

What a ride, Yuzuru, what a ride. (and I am watching it again :laugh:)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My mind while watching the concert.

PW: Awww, he has made 19 WR so far, but this was the very beginning, 95 points in SP at SA!! :yay:

NDP: He had been very thin this season...was sick at JN and couldn't skate in the Gala, both legs were injured at WC but finished in the 4th, saved 3 spots for Sochi Oly :sad21:

POTO: He came back! After CoC accident, he came back! :sad4:

H&L: Magnificent performance at WC in Finland, after placing in the 5th in SP, rose to the gold medal, what a man...:sad46:

Chopin: (circles my head to the first phrase as in the program)

What a ride, Yuzuru, what a ride. (and I am watching it again :laugh:)

It is amazing how many iconic programs he has. Wouldn't it be lovely if they recorded these versions and released them as a CD... that Seimei is stunning. And I have totally fallen in love wit White Legend.

yude

Record Breaker
It is amazing how many iconic programs he has. Wouldn't it be lovely if they recorded these versions and released them as a CD... that Seimei is stunning. And I have totally fallen in love wit White Legend.

I also loved White Legend, I got goose bumps and had tears when Shakuhachi (Japanese bamboo flute) came in.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's the 17th here, so can we celebrate our legendary boy's four February days?

13th February 2014... won the short program at Sochi with an Olympic world record, first man to ever top 100.
14th February 2014... won the free skate and became the first Asian and second youngest Olympic champion in the mens event
16th February 2018... won the short program at Pyeongchang with another Olympic world record despite still being injured and with three weeks jumping practice.
17th February 2014... became the first man in over half a century to take back to back Olympic gold.

...will it be another half-century before this incredible record is matched? Or less? Or maybe... never?

:cheer::cheer: :medal":medal" :cheer: :medal":medal" :cheer::cheer:

Danibellerika

Medalist

13th February 2014... won the short program at Sochi with an Olympic world record, first man to ever top 100.
14th February 2014... won the free skate and became the first Asian and second youngest Olympic champion in the mens event
16th February 2018... won the short program at Pyeongchang with another Olympic world record despite still being injured and with three weeks jumping practice.
17th February 2014... became the first man in over half a century to take back to back Olympic gold.

...will it be another half-century before this incredible record is matched? Or less? Or maybe... never?

It feels so vivid, being there in Pyeongchang watching history unfold before my very eyes. So effing incredible. An experience I will never forget!

Interspectator

Record Breaker

It was the highlight of the year -and possible the decade for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCQIJcDAVVo&t=218s I was re-watching all the videos and the medals ceremony especially was all a fan could want.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hello Yuzu fans!

I thought you might be interested in this quote (auto translate from Japanese) from Jason about his skate following Yuzu. Jason has no problem with it ;)

“Pooh flew around the ice and felt like I was being supported and I was cheered up. The power of the yellow bear is amazing.”

https://www.translatetheweb.com/?re.../event/skating/interview/2019_2020/brown.html

He also talks about what a treat it is to see Seimei and Chopin in practice.:agree: