Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 114 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

Nachi

On the Ice
I should stop going out of the FF area. Makes me mad how many so called fans express themselves. So seeing Yuzu skate made me nervous at first but I was calming again when he was done. I'm happy for him that his set is finally full and can't wait for his gala performance.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hate to say it, but had another skater - say a North American or Russian - just created history by achieving a feat no other man has in the history of the sport, it would have been announced in its own thread...

And people might wonder why I - like others - have gone off the sport.

Still love some of the skaters, though.

yude

Record Breaker
Yuzuru said in the press conference "something unusual happened" and I think he meant this.

https://twitter.com/yz_1207_17/status/1226388090043764736

Also, I watched FS only on the livestream, but the sound was echoing and distracting. If it was the same at the venue, Yuzuru might have felt uncomfortable since he is a type of skater who listens to the sound very carefully. I know all skaters skated under the same condition but that Japanese drum plays important role in SEIMEI.

That said, I believe Yuzuru is going to skate better in WC :biggrin: It's great he could skate at such level with only 2 weeks of run-through. Congratulations, Yuzuru :) Please keep the health :pray:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Hate to say it, but had another skater - say a North American or Russian - just created history by achieving a feat no other man has in the history of the sport, it would have been announced in its own thread...

And people might wonder why I - like others - have gone off the sport.

Still love some of the skaters, though.

I've made a thread for it using the ISU article announcing Yuzu's Golden Slam of figure skating. Please do add your congrats to Yuzu there and keep the party going...if you so wish. :ghug:

yude

Record Breaker
I will pass Yuzuru's thread in the Edge (more like whole Edge) for my good health. Having being here for long, I finally realized it is the best for me. But please congratulate him there if you wish.

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Yuzuru said in the press conference "something unusual happened" and I think he meant this.

https://twitter.com/yz_1207_17/status/1226388090043764736

Also, I watched FS only on the livestream, but the sound was echoing and distracting. If it was the same at the venue, Yuzuru might have felt uncomfortable since he is a type of skater who listens to the sound very carefully. I know all skaters skated under the same condition but that Japanese drum plays important role in SEIMEI.

That said, I believe Yuzuru is going to skate better in WC :biggrin: It's great he could skate at such level with only 2 weeks of run-through. Congratulations, Yuzuru :) Please keep the health :pray:

Yeah, fans watching at the stadium said Yuzuru found a hole & asked for it to fixed.
Probably this was the thing that distracted him.

Nachi

On the Ice

As far as I read, the sound was only wonky in the stream but okay on the ice. I hope that was true and Yuzu could hear all the sounds properly.

Late to the party, and rarely here anymore, but congrats on the well-deserved grand slam. He will be more than fine for worlds. Despite the mistakes he was free and happy, he was not desperate as people were afraid he would be (because they were suspecting that was the reason for switching back to old programs). I'm glad I don't see the gasping final pose of Origin anymore. I loved the program but from his shaking legs in the starting pose to the drained-out final moments he was suffocating.

I'm happy that he is happy and smiley all over again :agree:

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2020

Congratulations on a well deserved title to The Greatest. It is, however, bittersweet still.
http://www.isuresults.com/results/...------FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf
Yuzu got an ! call on his PERFECT FLIP. Guys I just cannot comprehend This anymore. Not even gonna comment on the 8s in his components... we all better be ready he won’t win Worlds even If he skates perfectly. They will not let him. It is disgusting behavior. They „won’t see” all the russian flutzing and prerotating half a jump but they „see” an imaginary edge in Yuzuru’s ideal flip.
I think I need a break from FS [emoji22]

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Congratulations on a well deserved title to The Greatest. It is, however, bittersweet still.
http://www.isuresults.com/results/...------FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf
Yuzu got an ! call on his PERFECT FLIP. Guys I just cannot comprehend This anymore. Not even gonna comment on the 8s in his components... we all better be ready he won’t win Worlds even If he skates perfectly. They will not let him. It is disgusting behavior. They „won’t see” all the russian flutzing and prerotating half a jump but they „see” an imaginary edge in Yuzuru’s ideal flip.
I think I need a break from FS [emoji22]

I find taking regular short breaks from fandom can be super restful. --Prevents burn-out. :ghug:

Nachi

On the Ice
There will be a heavy storm coming today. It's already quite windy. I'm glad it's still Sunday and I don't need to go outside. I will catch my breath and will rest for today (I got up with only 5 hours of sleep...too little for me xD). Have a nice day everyone!

ankifeather

Final Flight
Yeah, fans watching at the stadium said Yuzuru found a hole & asked for it to fixed.
Probably this was the thing that distracted him.

Based on that article Interspectator posted from ISU on his golden slam, that was what distracted him for the FS. He felt nervous skating knowing the holes were there and fixed last minute. According to fans at 4CC the dents were where he was supposed two jump two quads.

But he seemed to be in high spirit today and not too bothered by the mistakes. He looked really happy during the gala. He did say it was a test skate and I think his is well aware he only had two weeks to practice this FS. Now just more practice before Worlds and I'm sure muscle memories will be better there :thumbsup:.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
So Yuzu has a new Seimei costume now with green arrangement that shines. Is there a particular meaning in Japanese culture for this shade, can anyone please share the knowledge?

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
CONGRATULATIONS, YUZU! So wonderful to see SEIMEI again. I think SEIMEI and Chopin showcase Yuzu's beautiful and natural musicality so wonderfully that they can never get old.

Ugh, so it was holes in the ice that distracted him! As a skater myself (and one with a similar build to Yuzu no less), I know how scary that can be, especially if you have previous injuries to your super-skinny ankles. And I only do singles.

I'd imagine that could be modeled as something like "distraction=kx^(n+m)", where n is the base value of your highest jump, m is how many major injuries you've had, and k is some proportionality constant based on the skater's personality... Ay... :eek:

Beckaboomer

Final Flight
:yahoo: Way to go Yuzu!! I was a nervous wreck watching and the FS has a couple of sticky spots but HE DID IT!

I have to rave about our boy, because there were some brilliant moments in the FS too. That 4S, into 3A, AS A TRANSITION into a 3F? No other skater alive could do that, or do it with so much grace and skill in any case. The step sequence was so intense, it’s what I’ve always loved best about Seimei.

I have to admit, the live performance was kind of ruined for me by the horrible audio/echo. I think the audio may have been a liiiittle bit off in the stadium too because Yuzu hesitated a tiny moment before going into the choreo sequence.

:hap10: Here’s to Yuzuru Hanyu, first male skater to get the Super Golden Slam!

Wynter

On the Ice
I'm really happy I decided to come to 4CC. :yahoo:

There are several things I dislike from this event (although it is better unsaid here, I guess) but I get to watch Chopin, Seimei, Hope and Legacy, got trolled by his Lord Trollness (today's official practice). A girl cannot really expect more from one competition. :love:

I and my friend switch to section A4 for this FS and Gala and it was totally worth it. The knee slide video shared by Interspectator above is mine so you can imagine, and I was like dying 3 times and ascended just on this one night. :laugh:

Congratulations on your 4CC Gold Medal and Super Slam achievement, Yuzu! Thank you for this memorable week. The Hanyu fans we met at the arena are amazing as well. :love::love::love:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm really happy I decided to come to 4CC. :yahoo:

There are several things I dislike from this event (although it is better unsaid here, I guess) but I get to watch Chopin, Seimei, Hope and Legacy, got trolled by his Lord Trollness (today's official practice). A girl cannot really expect more from one competition. :love:

I and my friend switch to section A4 for this FS and Gala and it was totally worth it. The knee slide video shared by Interspectator above is mine so you can imagine, and I was like dying 3 times and ascended just on this one night. :laugh:

Congratulations on your 4CC Gold Medal and Super Slam achievement, Yuzu! Thank you for this memorable week. The Hanyu fans we met at the arena are amazing as well. :love::love::love:

Oh, thank you so much for sharing your videos with fans. We are really grateful.