Just So Likeable... | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Just So Likeable...

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Tatsuki Machida- unique (and late blooming) talent...Machida has left a deep and unforgettable impression (on me). Diamond.

Josee Chouinard - charisma! joy! a sparkling presence!

These two short- lived pairs- Kirsten Moore Towers/Dylan Moskovitch and[/I] Juliane Sequin/Charlie Biledou- touched my heart.
Kirsten and Dylan certainly had tons of "it" factor, the same Juliane and Charlie. Potential of these two pairs imho was unlimited.

Oh, yes, there have been-and for many different reasons!- so many unpolished DIAMONDS in figure skating...sky of figure skating without them would be borring and incomplete...

how could i forget Machida??? his firebird is still one of my favourite programs

rabidline

Final Flight
So (because the heights have their own charisma and we want other names) leaving out all those who medalled at Worlds and Olympics, or got gold at Europeans, 4CC or GPF, who are your go-to feel-good skaters? The ones that you love not because they wildly impress you with feats and scores and such, but because watching them simply makes your day better?

Since Macchi is here and he's a Worlds medalist, gotta add another Worlds medalist but also a skater I love, Akiko Suzuki.

Even now I still await the broadcast of summer ice shows/galas to watch her performances, simply just to watch her skate.

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Alexia Paganini: I have such a soft spot for her and dearly wish that she upgrades her tech to match her lovely performances

Elena Radionova(doesn't know if she falls under the 'not mentioning' category): I think no one is surprised but this girl..especially after I've seen her live she has so much charisma that you just have to watch her

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Savika Refa Zahira. She impressed me so much at the JGP. There was just this fire in her that made her performance really stand out. Then I found that tearjerker Japanese documentary about her home rink and learned that that was the fire of someone who refused to let poverty and being from a small fed stop her from making it to the big leagues. As far as I know, she still doesn't have the jumps to be winning any GP medals or anything, but I enjoyed her performance every bit as much as the top skaters' or even more.

ssffww

On the Ice
This is a very cool thread. I agree with many of the names mentioned. Two skaters I don't believe I've seen mentioned yet who I always enjoyed were Kira Korpi and Han Yan.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Likeability wise I was a huge fan of Kanako Murakami. Her reactions and smile were so infectious. I'm not a huge fan of Sakamoto's skating but there's something so precocious and likeable about her.

Other faves:
- Kaetlyn Osmond
- Yuka Sato
- Jason Brown
- Nobunari Oda
- Daisuke Takahashi
- Florent Amodio
- Kurt Browning
- Stephanie Rosenthal
- Midori Ito

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Along with many of the skaters who've already been listed (it's no secret I am a big fan of Elladj Balde), I have to add Aiza Mambekova. She doesn't have the technical ability of some others, but she has charisma in spades and outstanding musicality. Plus her costumes are some of the best in the business: individual and striking and always well suited to her music.

labgoat

Female thinker deep in various thoughts
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd like to add another blast from the past - the extremely charismatic Angelo D'Agostino seen here in a Jimmy Fund exhibition. I dare you not to smile. I always wanted to see more of him, competition or otherwise.

https://youtu.be/qr5bfekgAt4

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean Rabbitt, Ross Miner, Michal Brezina, Jason Brown. Alexey Bychenko, Kurt Browning, Keegan Messing, the Kerrs, Donovan Carillo, Tim Dolensky, Matteo Rizzo, Cappelini & Lanotte, ...

Beckaboomer

Final Flight
I'm sure all of mine have been mentioned, but count my votes for the following being the most cinnamon of all cinnamon rolls:

Jason Brown
Piper & Paul
Misha Ge
Peng & Jin
Donovan Carillo
Emmy Ma

lizardlass

On the Ice
Kimmie Meissner, Akiko Suzuki, Midori Ito, and Jason Brown come immediately to mind! (Not that most skaters aren't on some level likable, but these are the ones that tug my heart strings the most.)