Thread: Articles on GS

1 Not allowed!

Articles on GS

Hi all,

First of all, thank you for bringing so many articles during the off-season. It is always interesting to know about skaters, known or less known that we follow from juniors to the highest senior events...

One little thing : I have noticed that most of the articles are about Russian skaters lately. I am not suggesting those articles shouldn't be there. I appreciate it all.. however, it would be nice to have a wider variety... I am guessing that you have secured a Russian writer etc.. and that's wonderful for us, North Americans, who may not have access to the information... but you know, I'd love it if we could hear about other skaters from other federations, just as much... like what is going on with Han Yan? He is coming back!!! YAY... what is going on with Canadian ladies : Chartrand sitting out while Osmond and Austman announced retirement... what is going on with Chinese pairs??? there are so many topics available...

1 Not allowed!
    There is only so much press as the federations, clubs, skating magazines etc. will publish.

In most countries, figure skating is only a fringe sport, mildly interesting only in winter and worthy of mass media attention only during Olympic Games.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchan View Post
    Hi all,

First of all, thank you for bringing so many articles during the off-season. It is always interesting to know about skaters, known or less known that we follow from juniors to the highest senior events...

One little thing : I have noticed that most of the articles are about Russian skaters lately. I am not suggesting those articles shouldn't be there. I appreciate it all.. however, it would be nice to have a wider variety... I am guessing that you have secured a Russian writer etc.. and that's wonderful for us, North Americans, who may not have access to the information... but you know, I'd love it if we could hear about other skaters from other federations, just as much... like what is going on with Han Yan? He is coming back!!! YAY... what is going on with Canadian ladies : Chartrand sitting out while Osmond and Austman announced retirement... what is going on with Chinese pairs??? there are so many topics available...
    It's difficult to get interviews with many skaters during the training season, especially if a translator is needed. Many coaches are protective of their skaters, while others you have to fight with their agents. Other skaters don't want to talk until after their first major competition. Many factors involved. European skaters tend to be easier to get.

You are welcome to contribute if you'd like

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
    It's difficult to get interviews with many skaters during the training season, especially if a translator is needed. Many coaches are protective of their skaters, while others you have to fight with their agents. Other skaters don't want to talk until after their first major competition. Many factors involved. European skaters tend to be easier to get.

You are welcome to contribute if you'd like
    i understand ... so the russian skaters tend to give more interviews? and GS gets them translated? If I see something fun in French, in the next few weeks... I may translate it for the forum.. but usually i would post it in a fan fest or in the Canadian thread... i plan to attend some of the quebec summer events... my contribution will be of a report, lke everytime i attend a competition. Same with worlds if i go.