Interview with Polina Tsurskaya | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Interview with Polina Tsurskaya

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I loved her skating. So great to see a tall elegant skater. And she is best friends with a Masha who was wonderful and so underrated because of so many talented girls in her country. I think polina had. many fans. I sill picture her doing simple choreo with her arms and hands but it was so effective it stays with me. Many on this board seemed to love her skating and felt she’d be the superstar. I have missed her. And will.

thesoundofice

Rinkside
Very interesting interview, she seems to be brilliantly clever and resolute. I'll miss her skating, so elegant, so calm and majestic.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thank you for the translation, :clap: and I have the same question as Elektra Blue.

My spousal unit (male) was a university professor for 40 years. Thank heavens we don’t have this tradition in the US, I would have had to figure out what to do with hundreds of flowers each year:laugh: But would he have been out of luck;)?

Anthon Berg liqueur chocolates are usually my go to for general presents for authority figures of both sexes. They do seem to go down well....

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I want some, please. :)

After you get yours, pass that box over here! :biggrin:

It’s common here (Ontario, Canada) for teachers to receive bottles of wine from their students as Christmas’s presents or end-of-year presents. However, beginning-of the-year presents for teachers aren’t customary. I always feel a bit weird when I’m dropping off my daughter on the last day of school, watching her walk in the building, holding a gift bag that evidently has a bottle of alcohol inside. :laugh:

Ok, back on topic, I love Polina so much; as I’ve often mentioned, I have a soft spot for fellow tall female skaters, like me. :) I’m glad she’s doing what makes her happy, though I will is she her skating. I also love how she and Maria Sotskova are besties.