Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Glacier Falls Summer Classic **VENUE MOVED**

Rinkside

8 Not allowed!

2019 Glacier Falls Summer Classic **VENUE MOVED**

Due to ice maintenance at our club home rink, theRINKS/Anaheim Ice, we have been required to move the 2019 Glacier Falls Summer Classic.

Thanks to the support of the RINKS as well as the graciousness of All Year FSC, the Summer Classic will be held at the new Great Park Ice & Five Point Arena in Irvine, CA. Great Park Ice is 17 miles south of Anaheim Ice.

The competition is still planned for Thursday July 18 to Sunday July 21. The schedule is under review and may be slightly changed due to ice availability at the new venue. As soon as we receive the new schedule, we will post it, along with competitor names.

Please feel free to pass this information along to skaters, parents, coaches and fans. Thank you.

Great Park Ice: 888 Ridge Valley, Irvine, CA 92618

Tripping on the Podium natsulian's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Per Sylvia from FSU:
    (SENIOR): Alysa Liu, Megan Wessenberg, Emmy Ma (listed as representing Academy at Mitchell Johansson Method here), Akari Nakahara, Heidi Munger, Gabriella Izzo, Audrey Shin, Emilia Murdock, Sarah Jung, Alyssa Rich, Paige Rydberg;
    (JUNIOR): Alena Budko, Indi Cha, Emma Coppess, Aubrey Ignacio, Amie Miyagi, Noelle Rosa, Ellen Slavicek, Kate Wang, Allison Zheng.
    In the past, Jessica Lin (recently scored 160 at Broadmoor as a Junior) also competed.

Bona Fide Member

3 Not allowed!
    It looks Gogolev will skate at this competitions in Juniors (https://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen/sta...45409509154816)

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone have any other info on the competition? It begins today and there's an official list of competitors out, but results have been non-existent.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by natsulian View Post
    Does anyone have any other info on the competition? It begins today and there's an official list of competitors out, but results have been non-existent.
    It’s not even 9:30 in LA yet. Assuming you’re interested in the junior / senior ladies and men, they don’t compete until later. Try following Sylvia unseen on Twitter. I posted a link to her Twitter in post 436 of the US ladies thread which gives more info.

avatar credit: @miyan5605 ice coverage's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    This just in: Live streaming of Glacier Falls is available -- for purchase:

The cost seems to be $7 for both rinks. Not sure whether it is $7 for the whole competition? (As opposed to per day?? I have not purchased the streaming.)

Note: Live video only -- no archiving, apparently.

From the page at the link above:

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU CONTINUE

**Must have a broadband connection***

May not work on Smart TVs

To Watch Please proceed to the Rink location on the right and then the Buy Now Button, purchase 15-30 minutes before scheduled time.

... After check out you will be taken directly to the LIVE VIDEO. The event can only be watched live, do not press pause button.

*****Games/Competition could start 15-30 minutes early*****"
    (FWIW, Coronado is the same company that has streamed Golden West in the past.)

4 Not allowed!
    Notable skaters at Glacier Falls Summer Classic
    - Kate Wang's Short to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" with 3Lz+3T, 2A, 3Lo
    - Gabriella Izzo's Short to "I'm Here" with 3F+3Lo, 3Lz (Fall), 2A
    - Sarah Jung's Short to "The Rose" (?) with 3Lz+3T, singled 3A, and 3F (two footed)
    - Megan Wessenberg with 3Lz (Fall), 3F+2T, 1A
    - Caitlin Ha with 3Lz+2T, 2A, 3F
    - Alysa Liu skating to last season's Short with 3A, 3F, 3Lz+3T<

Top 6 Junior Ladies After Short Program:
    1. Ellan Slavicek, 55.90
    2. Kate Wang, 53.10
    3. Alena Budko, 52.84
    4. Emma Coppess, 50.33
    5. Noelle Rosa, 50.19
    6. Abigail Ross, 49.17

Source --> https://instagram.com/rudyvalgalindo...d=61sgmopmzd2e

Rinkside

10 Not allowed!
    My impressions from watching the feed, which was great- the top skaters, apologies on any mistakes. THEY DID NOT ANNOUNCE SCORES at all (maybe they did in arena but heard nothing on the stream), which is annoying... but hopefully someone gets them.

SENIOR LADIES SP notes- honestly a very impressive lineup- this should make up half of the Nationals field. Audrey Shin was a no show. Besides our GP skaters and Hanna, Gracie, Glenn, Hicks, and Pooja, this could be the whole field! (Yes, I know Emmy is switching to TPE, good luck to her, she is a world class skater anyway so it makes sense)

Alyssa Rich- 3t?-3t(fall/X), 3z, 2ax. Great skate, good jumps, nice Biellmann. Hernando's Hideaway.

Akari Nakahara- 3f (und/fo), 2ax (fo), 3s-2t ok. Great camel catch spin, pretty. The Rose, vocals.

Emilia Murdock- 3f-2t, 3r (X), 2ax (stepout). Fast, nice leap. Fun skate. Black and Gold- Brenna Whitaker.

Sarah Jung- 3z-3t (und), 1ax, 3r (turnout).

Gabriella Izzo- 3f-3r, 2ax, 3z (X). Good jumps. Great arms and Biellmann. I'm Here- Cynthia Erivo.

Megan Wessenberg- 3z (fallout), 3f (turnout)-2t, 1ax. Nice spread eagle, enjoyable as always. Tainted Love by Claire Guerreso.

Emmy Ma- 3f (und)-2t, 2ax, 3z (X) really slow rotating on the lutz. Very pretty skating. Is That Alright- Lady Gaga. Smart music choice, she expressed it really wonderfully. Jumps just wonky, but the rest is so there.

Caitlin Ha- 3z-2t, 3f, 2ax. Romanza & Fiesta Flamenco (the MK sp from 96). Great music, great job.

Paige Rydberg- 3f, 3t-2t, 2ax. Man, I Feel Like a Woman- Shania Twain. Great job, always great to watch.

Alysa Liu- 3ax, 3f, 3z-3t. Don't Rain on My Parade. Very good job, should score well, although I kinda hope she has a new program by Nationals and/or challenges in the future with more styles.

Heidi Munger- 3z (X), 2f-2t, 2ax. Foolish Games by not Jewel. Wish it was Jewel but you can't have it all. Shazam was insulted and refused to recognize it. Pretty.

SENIOR MEN - was kinda woozy by this point, sorry I got flaky about the jumps but nobody was throwing down top 5 Worlds skates here, but some good stuff...

Sean Rabbitt- 3f-3t, 2ax, 3z. Entertaining as always. Turandot I think.
    Ryan Dunk- 3ax, 3f-2t? Got tired and gave up on jump notes. He has potential and does a nice job, lots and lots of choreography- maybe he can hone in on his point of view going forward cause the skills are good.
    Yaroslav Paniot- liked him a lot, fell on one quad and landed another
    Paul Yeung- loved his Muse music
    Emmanuel Savary- just beautiful skating, some jump problems

I missed junior ladies SP and now the link is down for music copyright issues, sad.

JUNIOR MEN SP-

Max Lake- 2z-2t, 2ax, pop loop, wobbly camel change camel. Some really neat positions and choreo but also skating cautiously and without full gusto, early season. 4 Seasons, Vanessa Mae perhaps.

Goku Endo- 3z-2t, 2ax, pop loop, gorgeous death drop to sit spin, really pretty emoting/footwork/choreo, split jump, pretty camel change camel. Nice combo spin. I Won’t Give Up- Jason Mraz.

Liam Kapeikis- 3f (fallout)- 2t. 2r, 2ax (fallout) Spins ok, he is taller now. Really pretty choreo, moves and expresses well, looked a bit winded this time out though. Growing and early season is always tough. Never Enough- Boyce Avenue

Eric Sjoberg- 3f-3t, 2r, 2ax, nice death drop. Take 5, Dave Brubeck. Nice moves and posture.

Stephen Gogolev- 3z-3t, 3r, 2ax, spins ok...I like this overall a lot. Yablochko
    by Reinhold Glière. For him this is a cool new music choice and interesting choreo which will allow a lot of growth through the season. Although he cannot match or come close to Abt’s freedom of movement, few really can.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    … They did not announce scores at all (maybe they did in arena but heard nothing on the stream), which is annoying... But hopefully someone gets them. ...

Senior men - was kinda woozy by this point, sorry i got flaky about the jumps but nobody was throwing down top 5 worlds skates here, but some good stuff...

Sean rabbitt- 3f-3t, 2ax, 3z. Entertaining as always. Turandot i think.
    Ryan dunk- 3ax, 3f-2t? Got tired and gave up on jump notes. He has potential and does a nice job, lots and lots of choreography- maybe he can hone in on his point of view going forward cause the skills are good.
    Yaroslav paniot- liked him a lot, fell on one quad and landed another
    paul yeung- loved his muse music
    emmanuel savary- just beautiful skating, some jump problems …
    Ryan won the Senior Men's SP, with Sean placing a close second -- according to a tweet from a fan account for Sean (a reliable account, AFAIK).

Joonsoo Kim also competed, and the tweet has scores for all six senior men.

Thanks to haribobo for your extensive notes (not only for senior men).

… Top 6 Junior Ladies After Short Program:
    1. Ellan Slavicek, 55.90
    2. Kate Wang, 53.10
    3. Alena Budko, 52.84
    4. Emma Coppess, 50.33
    5. Noelle Rosa, 50.19
    6. Abigail Ross, 49.17

Source --> https://instagram.com/rudyvalgalindo...d=61sgmopmzd2e
    Thanks to natsulian for finding the Junior Ladies scores on Rudy's Instastory (and for posting notes too).

Happy to see that Ellen Slavicek is in the lead.

Fangirl of men’s spirals and split jumps el henry's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Sean has posted himself skating to Nessun Dorma on IG, but was cagy about which program is might be. (Last I checked).

Thanks for verifying that it was his SP, @haribobo!

2 Not allowed!
    Word to the wise: Edges of Glory is attending the competition today -- her social media probably will be very informative.

She already tweeted yesterday's results sheet for Senior Men SP -- showing TES and PCS.

ETA:
    Her tweet of yesterday's results sheet for Senior Ladies SP -- showing TES and PCS.
    https://twitter.com/edges_of_glory/s...57403550167040 (posted Jul 20)

Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    My impressions from watching the feed, which was great- the top skaters, apologies on any mistakes. THEY DID NOT ANNOUNCE SCORES at all (maybe they did in arena but heard nothing on the stream), which is annoying... but hopefully someone gets them.

SENIOR LADIES SP notes- honestly a very impressive lineup- this should make up half of the Nationals field. Audrey Shin was a no show. Besides our GP skaters and Hanna, Gracie, Glenn, Hicks, and Pooja, this could be the whole field! (Yes, I know Emmy is switching to TPE, good luck to her, she is a world class skater anyway so it makes sense)

Alyssa Rich- 3t?-3t(fall/X), 3z, 2ax. Great skate, good jumps, nice Biellmann. Hernando's Hideaway.

Akari Nakahara- 3f (und/fo), 2ax (fo), 3s-2t ok. Great camel catch spin, pretty. The Rose, vocals.

Emilia Murdock- 3f-2t, 3r (X), 2ax (stepout). Fast, nice leap. Fun skate. Black and Gold- Brenna Whitaker.

Sarah Jung- 3z-3t (und), 1ax, 3r (turnout).

Gabriella Izzo- 3f-3r, 2ax, 3z (X). Good jumps. Great arms and Biellmann. I'm Here- Cynthia Erivo.

Megan Wessenberg- 3z (fallout), 3f (turnout)-2t, 1ax. Nice spread eagle, enjoyable as always. Tainted Love by Claire Guerreso.

Emmy Ma- 3f (und)-2t, 2ax, 3z (X) really slow rotating on the lutz. Very pretty skating. Is That Alright- Lady Gaga. Smart music choice, she expressed it really wonderfully. Jumps just wonky, but the rest is so there.

Caitlin Ha- 3z-2t, 3f, 2ax. Romanza & Fiesta Flamenco (the MK sp from 96). Great music, great job.

Paige Rydberg- 3f, 3t-2t, 2ax. Man, I Feel Like a Woman- Shania Twain. Great job, always great to watch.

Alysa Liu- 3ax, 3f, 3z-3t. Don't Rain on My Parade. Very good job, should score well, although I kinda hope she has a new program by Nationals and/or challenges in the future with more styles.

Heidi Munger- 3z (X), 2f-2t, 2ax. Foolish Games by not Jewel. Wish it was Jewel but you can't have it all. Shazam was insulted and refused to recognize it. Pretty. …
    Per Sylvia, Gabbie Izzo and Caitlin Ha placed second and third (with very close scores) in Senior Ladies SP, behind Alysa in first.
    Paige Rydberg in fourth.

Sylvia's tweet has scores for the top eight ladies. Lily Sun also competed and placed eighth.

I'm especially happy for Caitlin , who is from the home club. (Ninth in Junior Ladies at 2019 Nats, and then she was a volunteer [as an ice sweeper, IIRC?] at Four Continents a couple of weeks later.)

Thanks again to haribobo.

Good luck to all the ladies and men in the free skates.

0 Not allowed!
    TOP 5 JUNIOR LADIES - SHORT PROGRAM
    1. Ellan Slavicek, 55.90
    2. Kate Wang, 53.10
    3. Alena Budko, 52.84
    4. Emma Coppess, 50.33
    5. Noelle Rosa, 50.19

TOP 5 JUNIOR MENS - SHORT PROGRAM
    1. Stephen Gogolev, 73.67
    2. Eric Sjoberg, 61.27
    3. Goku Endo, 53.69
    4. Liam Kapeikis, 51.01
    5. Seth Kurogi, 54.42

TOP 5 JUNIOR MENS - FREE PROGRAM
    1. Eric Sjoberg, 122.64
    2. Goku Endo, 116.79
    3. Stephen Gogolev, 113.06
    4. Liam Kapaeikis, 110.90
    5. Seth Kurogi, 81.42

TOP 5 SENIOR LADIES - SHORT PROGRAM
    1. Alysa Liu, 75.41
    2. Gabriella Izzo, 59.88
    3. Caitlin Ha, 59.35
    4. Paige Rydberg, 53.73
    5. Emmy Ma, 51.97

TOP 5 SENIOR MENS - SHORT PROGRAM
    1. Ryan Dunk, 73.12
    2. Sean Rabbit, 72.82
    3. Yaroslav Paniot, 64.43
    4. Emmanuel Savory, 58.88
    5. Joonsoo Kim, 58.74

SOURCE: https://twitter.com/edges_of_glory/media

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    Im not sure how long it will last, but here is a link to a FREE livestream from the Junior/Senior rink on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiXV552TmFM

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post
    Im not sure how long it will last, but here is a link to a FREE livestream from the Junior/Senior rink on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiXV552TmFM
    Thanks!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Ellen Slavicek did such a great job and her only mistake was the step out on the 3S. Slavicek has such great musicality and her jumps are very light yet powerful. I hope she can make it to Nationals. Kate Wang fell on a 3Lz+3Lo and singled a 3S, but everything else was good. She only turned 14 recently, so there is a lot of room to improve, but I'm sure she will improve with age and experience. Noelle Rose did a Rippon on almost every single jump and fell on her 3Lz+3T, had a slight step out on her 2A, and fell on her 3Lo.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Slavicek has such great musicality and her jumps are very light yet powerful. I hope she can make it to Nationals.
    Of all the ladies, I thought she didn't know how to move to her music at all. She got more stuff rotated than a bunch of them, though. I'll give her that.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dance View Post
    Of all the ladies, I thought she didn't know how to move to her music at all. She got more stuff rotated than a bunch of them, though. I'll give her that.
    I thought she moved with much more fluidity than the other ladies, but that's just subjective. The music helped since I'm a sucker for those type of pieces. xD

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, Emmy just has that it factor that just draws me in! I love watching her skate!

Inactive Account

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dance View Post
    Wondering who of the top 5 landed 3-3s (without falls or underrotations)?

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steinbeck View Post
    Wondering who of the top 5 landed 3-3s (without falls or underrotations)?
    I did not take notes. I think maybe Slavicek got one. (She at least had a good looking combination, which was pretty much the plus of her skate to me). I'd be surprised if anyone else in the junior event got one; but I did not take notes.

Emilia Murdock is a nice little skater I hadn't seen before. (A highlight right up until Maria de Buenos Aires kicked in at the end of her program).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast