Thread: New Jackson Entre Fusion Boot

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!

New Jackson Entre Fusion Boot

Hi All,

Just looking at the Jackson site and there it is, the new Entre Fusion that was discussed in a post of mine below re: the Debut. Seems awfully close to the Debut, just a bit softer. Boot only Elle/Freestyle level from the looks of it. Fills a big hole for the lower level freestylers who want a better blade. Styling, meh.

https://jacksonultima.com/collection...-womens-misses

0 Not allowed!
    The sole seems really thick and fug. After switching to Risport, I can't go back to these thick soles. Risport has a single thin layer of 4mm sole. It makes me feel more connected to my blades.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    While checking this out I noticed they added a Fusion version of the men’s Premiere as well!

https://jacksonultima.com/products/premiere-fusion-2802

They’re really taking their time rolling out these updates to their line.

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~ bunnybarista's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    The first thing I noticed is the weirdly shiny front! Perhaps this is the "Lightweight Microfiber material [that] has Dura Guard protection for added durability"? Looks rather odd - can't say I've seen shiny boots like that before, but it would be interesting to see if they stay clean/scuff-free better than regular Jacksons. It might look less odd if the whole boot were made with this material.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnybarista View Post
    The first thing I noticed is the weirdly shiny front! Perhaps this is the "Lightweight Microfiber material [that] has Dura Guard protection for added durability"? Looks rather odd - can't say I've seen shiny boots like that before, but it would be interesting to see if they stay clean/scuff-free better than regular Jacksons. It might look less odd if the whole boot were made with this material.
    As someone who wore a lot of patent leather shoes as a child, I'm guessing it's possible that you'll be able to wipe scuffs off the shiny part.

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnybarista View Post
    Yeah, conjures up images of tacky vinyl slip covers over fancy upholstered furniture ... or elbow patches on sportscoats. I'm not usually picky about aesthetics, but the new men's Premiere Fusions sure are ugly.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tstop4me View Post
    Yeah, conjures up images of tacky vinyl slip covers over fancy upholstered furniture ... or elbow patches on sportscoats. I'm not usually picky about aesthetics, but the new men's Premiere Fusions sure are ugly.
    I don't know what the designers were thinking on those two boots. It's almost like they were thinking, we need to come up with another buzzword to sell them...Dura Guard! I hope they don't muck up the women's Premiere with that look, it's awful. What's wrong with some battle scars? If you really need to limit cuts doesn't skate tape do the same thing and look less hideous?

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibelius View Post
    I don't know what the designers were thinking on those two boots. It's almost like they were thinking, we need to come up with another buzzword to sell them...Dura Guard! I hope they don't muck up the women's Premiere with that look, it's awful. What's wrong with some battle scars? If you really need to limit cuts doesn't skate tape do the same thing and look less hideous?
    There's a subtle sheen to the white Premiere as well, in the link above... it seems less obvious on the screen, but I wonder whether the different materials will get dirty at the same rate, or whether the Dura Guard stuff will stay shinier as the rest of the boot dulls?

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibelius View Post
    As an indicator of things to come, check out the video on the 2000 series (https://jacksonultima.com/collection...re-fusion-2802). The video is on the page for the men's Premiere Fusion, but displays women's 2000 series boots. There's a close-up of Dura Guard on a women's smooth white boot at 22 - 28 sec; from the hook pattern, it doesn't appear to be the Premiere model, but the video indicates it's going to be used on all 2000 series. Sure looks like a tacky vinyl slip cover. Looks worse on the men's Premiere Fusion because that has a black suede finish otherwise.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kypma View Post
    There's a subtle sheen to the white Premiere as well, in the link above... it seems less obvious on the screen, but I wonder whether the different materials will get dirty at the same rate, or whether the Dura Guard stuff will stay shinier as the rest of the boot dulls?
    The women's Premiere Fusion is the same material as the Debut that my skater is in. I hated the look of the silver sole when I saw the first photos (my skater loved it, of course) but it's a really nice looking boot in the flesh. I hope they hold the line for a few more months until we get her in one.