Good Tanos | Golden Skate

Good Tanos

doublequad

On the Ice
I know there are a quite a few (ladies) skaters that have very nice rippons. However, there are quite a few skaters (Tuktamysheva and Samodurova) that have terrible tanocopters. Who consistently has nice straight tanos?

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Jason's was always pretty nice, but he doesn't do it as much as he used to. I think the last time I remember him doing it was during one performance of his Hamilton SP, but if he's done it in a program since that, I will happily accept the correction.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
there's a video somewhere of Richard Dornbush doing a 3-jump combo that was a Rippon-Tano-Hands behind the back. And that was the best use of variations I'd ever seen.
Unfortunately, I can't find the video anywhere. Help!

I found a previous post of mine where I gushed about this, and the link I had posted to the video, but alas, it has been eaten by the great Copyright Wars of 2018 :(

Last edited:

geige

On the Ice
Mao’s 3F-2Lo-2Lo at Worlds 2016 with Tano on the last 2Lo is one of my favorite combinations ever.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The Queen's tanos were not seen often, but she always had her arms up straight. Example: Vancouver FS, 2A-2T-2Lo(tano)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
there's a video somewhere of Richard Dornbush doing a 3-jump combo that was a Rippon-Tano-Hands behind the back. And that was the best use of variations I'd ever seen.
Unfortunately, I can't find the video anywhere. Help!

I found a previous post of mine where I gushed about this, and the link I had posted to the video, but alas, it has been eaten by the great Copyright Wars of 2018 :(

I found it again. https://youtu.be/uQPO351q36o?t=214 Tano-Rippon Combo

And here a combo with hands at the waist, not often seen. https://youtu.be/uQPO351q36o?t=252
:thumbsup:

My memory was not perfect as I thought he had done all 3 variations in one combo. But you can see he's really brought variety to his jumping passes.

Last edited:

SkateSkates

Medalist
If I’m remembering correctly I think Zagitova and Kostornaia both have nice tanos on their 2T in combo.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Medvedeva's Tanos used to be quite bad, but in the last couple of years she improved them significantly.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Overall I like Tanos on doubles much more than on triples. Rippons work better for tripes in my opinion.

Beckaboomer

Final Flight
I think Jason Brown and Mao Asada had my favorite tanos, but Zhenya's are definitely getting better. Goodness, they could be quite an eyesore when she did them on every jump.