Angela Nikodinov's Mother Dies in Car Accident | Golden Skate

Angela Nikodinov's Mother Dies in Car Accident

insecureedge

On the Ice
:cry: Angela Nikodinov's Mother Dies in Car Accident
http://www.usfsa.org/event_story.asp?id=28486

Angela and her family were in a car accident today at 9:19 a.m. in a cab on their way from the Portland International Airport to their hotel. In the vehicle were Angela, her father Nick, her mother Delores, her coach Igor Pashkevich and the cab driver. Delores Nikodinov was pronounced dead at the scene. Angela, Mr. Nikodinov and Igor and were transported to Legacy Emanuel Hospital in Portland, Oregon. Angela and her father were treated and released. Igor is listed in fair condition and will be kept overnight for observation.

R.D.

Record Breaker
:eek: :eek:

wow...happened kind of suddenly :eek: How unfortunate for the mother, but at least everyone else seems to be OK...

curious

Final Flight
so many tragedies in angelas' life poor girl. I wonder if she is going to withdraw from nationals.

kyla2

Final Flight
Heartbreaking

This can only be described as heartbreaking. They will be in my prayers tonite.

soogar

Record Breaker
SailorGalaxia518 said:
She has to withdraw..........................There is no way she can skate with something this tragic on her mind.

Not making light of the situation, but maybe she will skate very well at Nats in her mother's memory. She might wind up winning after all.

That's ridiculous. Of course she will withdraw.

How terrible and sad. May Angela and her surviving family somehow find the courage to face this incomprehensible tragedy.

Mathman

soogar

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
That's ridiculous. Of course she will withdraw.

How terrible and sad. May Angela and her surviving family somehow find the courage to face this incomprehensible tragedy.

Mathman

I think it was in an Olympic year when Elizabeth Punsalon's brother killed their father and she still skated in Nationals. I don't think it's that ridiculous if she still wanted to skate in Nationals. She's been working all year (and all of her life for that matter) for this event.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
From FSU:

"1 dead, 4 hurt in airport shuttle crash on I-205

04:29 PM PST on Wednesday, January 12, 2005

By ABE ESTIMADA and TERESA BELL, kgw.com Staff

One person was killed and four people were taken to the hospital after the minivan cab they were in hit a jersey barrier, rolled onto its side and slid into an emergency lane on Interstate 205 southbound between Airport Way and Columbia Boulevard on Wednesday morning.

KGW

This airport shuttle was involved in a deadly crash along Interstate 205 southbound.

The Portland Police Bureau is investigating the crash, which backed up traffic on I-205.

The lime green minivan, registered to a Portland cab company, was shuttling passengers from Portland International Airport when collided with a Volkswagen Jetta shortly after it merged onto I-205, said Sgt. Brian Schmautz of the Portland Police Bureau.

"Somebody merged into someone, but we don’t know who merged into whom," Schmautz said.

The Jetta driver, 28-year-old Melisa Kirkpatrick from Vancouver, Wash., wasn’t hurt, Schmautz said.

VIDEO:

Crash scene

Portland police did not release the name of the accident victim, who is a woman from California, pending notification of next of kin, Schmautz said. Cab driver Sergey Anikin, 36, of Portland, wasn't injured but was taken to the hospital as a precaution. The identities of the three other passengers, who were also the victim's family members and friends, weren't released.

Two of the shuttle passengers suffered serious injuries; another passenger suffered minor injuries. All were taken to Legacy Emanuel Hospital & Health Center for treatment, said Lt. Allen Oswalt of Portland Fire & Rescue.

The crash occurred about 9:19 a.m., Schmautz said. The minivan's collision with the barrier caused the tire to blow out. That, in turn, caused the car to roll. Eyewitnesses came to the aid of the accident victims.

At least three men were seen rolling the minivan back onto its wheels, Oswalt said. Police are now asking those men to contact them.

“The police would like to hear if they saw anything,” Oswalt said."

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
soogar said:
I think it was in an Olympic year when Elizabeth Punsalon's brother killed their father and she still skated in Nationals. I don't think it's that ridiculous if she still wanted to skate in Nationals. She's been working all year (and all of her life for that matter) for this event.

Liz said it helped her deal with what was going on off the ice to skate that week. Maybe Angela will skate to help deal with the grief...or, maybe she will withdraw and be with her family...

Either way, she and her family are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

lise

On the Ice
Some are reporting that Angela may have a broken arm, so competing may be out of the question.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
My heart goes out to Angela and her family...

This is just incomprehensible. I suppose it's a reminder to all of us to enjoy every moment of "NOW" that we have. She has been through way too many losses. This is terrible.

Prayers,

DG

Arsenette

On the Ice
At first I had to check the farking calendar thinking this was April 1st or something.. HOLY... _)&#_*@(^$#*) wow.. I thought this was a joke.. that's just.. wow.. that's just wrong..

My deeeeeepest condolences to that entire family. Whether Angela skates or not is kinda irrelavent at the moment.. wow.. that's just.. wow..