Utana Yoshida & Shingo Nishiyama | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Utana Yoshida & Shingo Nishiyama

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good news for us! Our beautiful children are competing in Bavarian Open:yahoo:
and it has a live stream!

Thank you for this excellent news, @Lady_bee! That’s quite a line up in junior ice dance.

But Utashin will have all their adopted parents and grandparents cheering them on:cheer:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Happy birthday, Shingo!:dance3:

The birthday boy is now 18 (and has been 18 if he’s in Japan, but I’m here so I waited for the 24th in my time;))

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Utashin will skate second in the Junior Rhythm Dance at the Bavarian Open.

Maybe not the best position, but they have the goods to dazzle the judges anyway:hap10:

Shingo, don’t fall:roll5::)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Utana and Shingo finished, wait for it....6th (their favorite placement in the JGP;) ) at the RD for the Bavarian Open. Many top junior skaters are there, and 6th is cool:cool:

They skate 13th in the FD:cheer:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Utana and Shingo finished sixth overall at the Bavarian Open:hap85: Total score was 142.68; Judging was a little tougher, even without falls;), and they had tough competition with top Canadian and American teams.

But it's great to see the Fed sending them to more comps, maybe realizing the treasure they have.

Videos!

The RD at Bavarian Open

The FD at the Bavarian Open

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Utana and Shingo finished sixth overall at the Bavarian Open:hap85: Total score was 142.68; Judging was a little tougher, even without falls;), and they had tough competition with top Canadian and American teams.

But it's great to see the Fed sending them to more comps, maybe realizing the treasure they have.

Videos!

The RD at Bavarian Open

The FD at the Bavarian Open

Thank you for the links. Going to 4CC and catching up with work afterwards kept me from keeping up with Utashin.
Happy with no falls, these two are always pleasant to watch 😊 I’m not used to Ice Dance scores so I’ve only realized now how big their FD score was at the YOG!

Is Junior Worlds their next competition? Looking forward to it!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the url has changed to https://www.instagram.com/utashin_222/

I'm so happy for them, I hope they can update us often on IG :)

Thank you for the update, @Dreamer. :pray: I know there was a campaign to say “Happy Anniversary Utashin” on 2/22, which evidently was randomly picked in relation to twizzles :biggrin: (the date itself, we know they were paired in early 2019) So cool that they are using it.

Best of luck in Tallinn!:hap10:

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Thank you for the update, @Dreamer. :pray: I know there was a campaign to say “Happy Anniversary Utashin” on 2/22, which evidently was randomly picked in relation to twizzles :biggrin: (the date itself, we know they were paired in early 2019) So cool that they are using it.

Best of luck in Tallinn!:hap10:

Might be a silly question, but can you kindly explain the twizzles reference? 😅 Thank you!

—————
Excited for Jr Worlds. I’m glad both days of Ice Dance will be held at decent times in my part of the world!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Might be a silly question, but can you kindly explain the twizzles reference? �� Thank you!

—————
Excited for Jr Worlds. I’m glad both days of Ice Dance will be held at decent times in my part of the world!

To be honest, I’m not really sure:eek:: I don’t read a word of Japanese, so I rely on Google translate. My guess was that the two of them did three twizzles, so 2-22, but that is a simple wild guess. I did find it interesting that Japanese evidently list dates in Western numbers with month-date-year, which as an American I am grateful. The “reverse numbering” from Europeans for dates (and I realize that it is reverse numbering only from my perspective) always throws me:laugh:

:eek:topic:

khtmyzr

Final Flight
To be honest, I’m not really sure:eek:: I don’t read a word of Japanese, so I rely on Google translate. My guess was that the two of them did three twizzles, so 2-22, but that is a simple wild guess.
I see! Your guess is better than mine for sure. The first thing to pop in my head is that the number 2 resembles the letter z :laugh:

I did find it interesting that Japanese evidently list dates in Western numbers with month-date-year, which as an American I am grateful. The “reverse numbering” from Europeans for dates (and I realize that it is reverse numbering only from my perspective) always throws me:laugh:

:eek:topic:

Going off topic with you. I think they are using is the East Asian YMD format, but since the year was omitted so only the MD are left.
We use the ‘reverse’ DMY format in Southeast Asia as well - my American friend had some troubles with her travel documents when she came to visit the region because she filled the dates in the wrong format 😅