Just wanting to say THANK YOU.... | Golden Skate

Just wanting to say THANK YOU....

K

Kasey

Just wanting to say THANK YOU....

to everyone here. I just started posting here a few days ago. I have gone to a couple of skating message boards or forums, mostly for a specific skater....and for some reason, there are many UNFRIENDLY folks out there! There were two of them where God help you if you posted an opinion that disagreed with the moderators....where much more "bashing" went on than appears to occur here. Now, I know this is "cyberlife", which seems to make some people feel they have no responsibility to act as mature adults, or anything decent whatsoever. But so far, my experience here has been pleasant....I've posted in some controversial threads, and I've posted opinions that I know not everyone else agrees with...but have not at all been slammed on or treated with disrespect. There is one forum I will still go to, to support my fave skater (which is actually a pretty nice board as well)...but other than that one, here is the only place I plan to hang out! Thank you everyone...Kasey

R

rgirl181

Re: Just wanting to say THANK YOU....

What a nice thing to say, Kasey. But hey, just wait... Kidding, kidding. It is true though, even as I have kvetched about certain situations here (only trying to make home a nice place for all), compared to what I've seen or heard about on other forums, the stuff here is just the occasional functional family argument. Back in early 2000, when I first got on the Net, I checked out several different forums. I knew the fan forums weren't for me right away. Nothing wrong with them, just not my style. But some of the other general forums--WATCH OUT! A few of them needed mottos that said, "Bashing is our Business." It may not always seem that way, but I know how good things are here. Which doesn't mean I probably still won't annoy people;)

Nice post, Kasey. Good for us to be reminded of what we've got, not only so we appreciate it but also so that we work to maintain it.
Rgirl

K

Kasey

And after just reading the response to the ONE post I have ever made at a certain site (which I will never return to again), I have to reiterate...>THANK YOU all for being decent, CIVIL human beings here....I'm not sure WHAT the people at that OTHER site are!

S

Show 42

Let me extend another big thank you as well.......we're glad to have you here at GS.........42

W

WindSpirit5

Kasey, I was going to ask who your favorite skater was, but I've just opened another thread, and I think I know. ;)

I know what you mean about some skater-related boards. That kind of group think can be scary. For some people it's like religion, and their boards are like shrines. Either you're in or out. But there are some normal ones with great admins, I'm hanging out at one like that myself. 8o

Anyway, it's nice to have you here.

S

sk8ing lady2001

You are so welcome! :)