Ladies and the triple Axel | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies and the triple Axel

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
We could officially say Young You as the 10th female skater to landed 3A. She did have negative GOE but it was fully rotated!

It was, but her free leg might have come down too soon for it to be ratified. I don't have any doubts that she'll land a totally clean one soon.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
LOL! I was just going to post that it reminded me of that OGM winner Triksi Schuba. And everyone knows, don't they, that Triks are for kids?

OT, but Trixi Schuba showed up on my FB People I Might Know list!!! We have 8 friends in common. lol

Elucidus

Match Penalty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbdNAD4FU6Q
Liu executed 3A+2T and 3A today in her free in Gdansk.
However, what I can't help but notice - is very clear example of "cheated take off" jump. I meant 3A+2T combo which was clean in protocol but in fact should be 3A+2T<< or 3A+1A+SEQ Here is pic proofs
https://ibb.co/YZBQb46
https://ibb.co/fMtBRPd
https://ibb.co/MPfXrkW
https://ibb.co/BTCmTN3
https://ibb.co/st0cFxb

She didn't any prerotation at all. Instead she did little step over like Euler and begin her toe jump facing forward already, without any prerotation - stealing half turn from a jump. It's textbook example of "cheated take off" which is also known as "toe axel". I always said and continue to do so that this rule
A clear forward (backward for Axel type jump) take-off will be considered as a
downgraded jump. The toe loop is the most commonly cheated on take-off jump.
The TP may only watch the replay in regular speed to determine the cheat and
downgrade on the take off (more often in combinations or sequences).
has nothing to do with prerotation. It was clearly meant for such cases and for such cases only. Which would be hard to admit for many established "pure jumps" advocates, I suppose :rolleye:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
For Alysa’s FS I also noticed the cheated 2T on the 3A+2T... that type of takeoff where the skater picks in as they are facing forwards is what the rules likely equate to a “cheated takeoff” (and not rotation of a takeoff pick on the ice that many are hung up on for flips and lutzes). That toe axel though was pretty obvious, and she had to resort to it because of the skid on the axel landing.

That said, congrats to Alysa for more milestones (first woman to do a 3A+3T in the SP; first woman to do a quad and two triple axels in a FS). I also roll my eyes hard at those still complaining about her 55 PCS being too high. I thought it should have been just below 60 - her expression needs work, but there are solid transitions into and out of her elements and her performance quality is improving.

readernick

Medalist
For Alysa’s FS I also noticed the cheated 2T on the 3A+2T... that type of takeoff where the skater picks in as they are facing forwards is what the rules likely equate to a “cheated takeoff” (and not rotation of a takeoff pick on the ice that many are hung up on for flips and lutzes). That toe axel though was pretty obvious, and she had to resort to it because of the skid on the axel landing.

That said, congrats to Alysa for more milestones (first woman to do a 3A+3T in the SP; first woman to do a quad and two triple axels in a FS). I also roll my eyes hard at those still complaining about her 55 PCS being too high. I thought it should have been just below 60 - her expression needs work, but there are solid transitions into and out of her elements and her performance quality is improving.

That was indeed a cheated 2 toe but the judges gave her negative GOE, as they should.

I actually agree that 55 PCS is too low, her SS need work (she is visibly improving each competition) but I think the other PCS categories deserve to be higher. I am fine with Tarakanova and Tomoe having higher PCS, but I am not fine with Vasilieva being higher than all three of them.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
And another triksel was premiered in Russian Cup 1st Stage among women,
Slow and cautious, and <, but a Triksel from Kseniya Ivanova, a very slender looking skater from Megasport Club in Moscow.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Mariya Dmitriyeva poorly performed a small and under rotated triksel today in Sankt Peterburg Cup stage 1 in the Candidates Master of Sport division.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Very solid 3Ax for Tuktamisheva during SPb cup SP.
Well, we are used to see it for years...

This lady (not a girl) should think further. 4S maybe...

LRK

Record Breaker
Very solid 3Ax for Tuktamisheva during SPb cup SP.
Well, we are used to see it for years...

This lady (not a girl) should think further. 4S maybe...

She's been training a quad on the harness - I forget which one.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I cannot say that I like the word "triksel" although it is the norm on the Russian boards now. On the other hand, "triple axel" are 2 full words and "3A" is confusing with Scherbakova, Trusova, and Kostornaya. Hence, for me it's OK. I remember that Samarin received here the title of "lord" and the British were not outraged :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Doesn't look too bad now, does it?
Should we prepare for a duel between the Sof'ya's for the cleanest triksel? There is also Sof'ya Muravyova in CKSA right, however she hasn't made an appearance on Russian Cup start lists yet.
Better not, let the girls get their triksels steady and stable first inside the confinements of their rinks before competing them.
Still, this is #TeamDavydov's account, and they have every right to be proud over their work with Sof'ya, and Sof'ya herself should be proud too, for no doubt it has taken many falls and moments of despair to get to this stage.

Perhaps for young skaters it is easier and somewhat safer to learn their triksels in a combination with other jumps and turning elements, so they don't have to fear the boarding when skating towards a corner to set it up?

lzxnl

Final Flight
And yet no one comments on Rika's two clean 3As at Japan Open here? One of only two senior skaters currently that has performed clean 3As, and the most consistent this season? (one UR, four landed clean, no pops or falls)

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Is that actually a 3a?!?!??! I can't slow it down. That is the EASIEST looking 3a I think I've ever seen. Good for her. I watched it five times and still don't see the extra rotation!!! Glad I'm not a caller..... She's amazing.

I'm sure Trusova is mad as the devil if she saw this!!! lol