Effects of ISU's media deal - Figure Skating on CBC but not Eurosport | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Effects of ISU's media deal - Figure Skating on CBC but not Eurosport

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I live in the UK and watch Eurosport through my computer (on subscription). I contacted Eurosport yesterday to ask about their coverage of figure skating this season, and this is the reply I got: "I checked this with our programming teams and I am delighted to confirm that the Figure Skating events will be available in September on our platform. And the events that will be broadcasted are the following:
Figure Skating 4 Continents
Figure Skating Grand Prix
Figure Skating World and Euro Championships"

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I live in the UK and watch Eurosport through my computer (on subscription). I contacted Eurosport yesterday to ask about their coverage of figure skating this season, and this is the reply I got: "I checked this with our programming teams and I am delighted to confirm that the Figure Skating events will be available in September on our platform. And the events that will be broadcasted are the following:

Well, that's good news! Now I just have to hope that SBS also strikes a deal with the new distribution managers (though given that they're probably lined up for involvement in the Sydney 4CCs already, it's hard to see them not doing so).

Tutto

Record Breaker

Many thanks for some good news at last! But the burning question (for me at least) what is to happen to coverage on linear channels?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom

Thank goodness!

Starry Up

Rinkside

Thanks, that's brilliant news - must just have happened as they told me yesterday morning that they didn't know yet!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I have words about this..and none of them are polite.

What really sucks about this is that if CBC doesn't have the rights do we Canadians even have another option? Can we pay for access or are we just going to be totally out of luck except for Russian streams (I always get a kick out of Russian streams but not understanding a word that is being said is a little frustrating) that may or may not show up on you tube or other places (not that I'm not grateful for them but..)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

What really sucks about this is that if CBC doesn't have the rights do we Canadians even have another option? Can we pay for access or are we just going to be totally out of luck except for Russian streams (I always get a kick out of Russian streams but not understanding a word that is being said is a little frustrating) that may or may not show up on you tube or other places (not that I'm not grateful for them but..)

Hunting for Russian streams is an xtreme sport in itself.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Any news, insider info or whatsoever on Eurosports coverage? I have almost given up, but who knows......

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker

Well, if Russian streams are the only option left we could prepare sort of survival guide like:

figurnoje katanije - figure skating
figurist - skater
prakat - skate
trajnoj pryszok - triple jump
chetvernoj pryszok - quad jump
vraschenije - spin
daroszka shagof - step sequence
kharasho - good
plokho - bad
Zagitova, Trusova - Zagitova, Trusova

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
Well the Grand Prix still isn't on the CBC schedule so I guess they won't be showing them :( They have the GPF, Euros, 4CC and worlds though

Edit: Skate Canada will be on TSN/CTV apparently

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well the Grand Prix still isn't on the CBC schedule so I guess they won't be showing them :( They have the GPF, Euros, 4CC and worlds though

Where did you get this info?! The last I heard, Canadians would get no fs coverage (outside of what TSN/CTV has, which is just SCI and Nationals), so GPF, Euros, 4CC and Worlds are better than nothing.

Edit: Skate Canada will be on TSN/CTV apparently

IIRC, TSN/CTV had the rights to SCI since the 2011-2012 season.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Well, if Russian streams are the only option left we could prepare sort of survival guide like:

figurist - skater
prakat - skate
vraschenije - spin
kharasho - good
plokho - bad

i was told balav is points

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom

figurist - skater
prakat - skate
vraschenije - spin
kharasho - good
plokho - bad

😂 Thank you!