Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Effects of ISU's media deal - no Figure Skating on CBC or Eurosport?

On the Ice

4 Not allowed!
    I live in the UK and watch Eurosport through my computer (on subscription). I contacted Eurosport yesterday to ask about their coverage of figure skating this season, and this is the reply I got: "I checked this with our programming teams and I am delighted to confirm that the Figure Skating events will be available in September on our platform. And the events that will be broadcasted are the following:
    Figure Skating 4 Continents
    Figure Skating Grand Prix
    Figure Skating World and Euro Championships"

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthypegs View Post
    I live in the UK and watch Eurosport through my computer (on subscription). I contacted Eurosport yesterday to ask about their coverage of figure skating this season, and this is the reply I got: "I checked this with our programming teams and I am delighted to confirm that the Figure Skating events will be available in September on our platform. And the events that will be broadcasted are the following:
    Well, that's good news! Now I just have to hope that SBS also strikes a deal with the new distribution managers (though given that they're probably lined up for involvement in the Sydney 4CCs already, it's hard to see them not doing so).

0 Not allowed!
    Many thanks for some good news at last! But the burning question (for me at least) what is to happen to coverage on linear channels?

2 Not allowed!
    Thank goodness!

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    So any updates on what's happening to the Canadian t.v. coverage?

Spectator

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks, that's brilliant news - must just have happened as they told me yesterday morning that they didn't know yet!

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Starry Up View Post
    Thanks, that's brilliant news - must just have happened as they told me yesterday morning that they didn't know yet!
    Actually, even more confusingly Eurosport are still saying on Twitter that this is not decided

https://twitter.com/EurosportCare/st...23391529152512

Very muddling!

2 Not allowed!
    I have words about this..and none of them are polite.

What really sucks about this is that if CBC doesn't have the rights do we Canadians even have another option? Can we pay for access or are we just going to be totally out of luck except for Russian streams (I always get a kick out of Russian streams but not understanding a word that is being said is a little frustrating) that may or may not show up on you tube or other places (not that I'm not grateful for them but..)

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientpeas View Post
    I have words about this..and none of them are polite.

What really sucks about this is that if CBC doesn't have the rights do we Canadians even have another option? Can we pay for access or are we just going to be totally out of luck except for Russian streams (I always get a kick out of Russian streams but not understanding a word that is being said is a little frustrating) that may or may not show up on you tube or other places (not that I'm not grateful for them but..)
    Hunting for Russian streams is an xtreme sport in itself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123