Three competitions, one weekend | Golden Skate

Three competitions, one weekend

frida80

Record Breaker
One of these years, ISU will think of the fans and our sleep deprivation.

What’s everyone’s strategy? I’m using the “pick and chose”. All power to these that watch everything live.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I have to watch every single one (ACI is the one with my darlings and faves, Lombardia has the rest of the trio, and at JGP Chelyabinsk my secondmost beloved M. Cha and Jihun and Liza and Devid) so I'm a)charging up on caffeine (thank goodness it's holiday weekend here) b)splitting my brain in two :biggrin: I'm running some calculations too, if starting orders and stuff work out at least I'll get to catch all the skaters high on my priority list live

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The ones I want to see are all pretty much in the small hours of the morning. Every morning. And I am not good at staying awake at the best of time (I sleep like a log, always have)

I will try to stay up for quite a few of them, but the men at ACI (this is me) have first priority on the alarm clock, even for practice. Luckily I don't work Mondays but I've already warned the boss that she will find me head down and dozing on Tuesday....

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
One of these years, ISU will think of the fans and our sleep deprivation.

What’s everyone’s strategy? I’m using the “pick and chose”. All power to these that watch everything live.

I KNOW!!! I'm just realized this and right now in fact I'm trying to work out a strategy and calculate how many pots of coffee I will need to watch as much live skating, the Dem Debate and after debate commentary, along with keeping a scheduled appointment. All of this on the same day....12th of September! It's maddening! :eeking:

I'm on the US west coast and JGP starts in 3 hrs (at 1:15 am), followed by Autumn Classics at 12 noon; then a mandatory 2:00 pm appointment, 5:00 pm Dem Debate until 8pm, after debate reviews until 10pm; then JGP again at 10:15 pm, then Autumn Classics again at 9:30 am on the 13th! Can't do it all!!! But I don't want to miss a thing! I figure 3 pots of coffee might do it...and delaying all medication that make me drowsy. :laugh:

ETA: OMG, totally forgot Lombardia!!

So more strategizing to include Lombardia starting with the Ladies at 5:30am on Friday, the 13th! :roll9: (this is exactly what I will look like after this weekend! 1 pot down and already got the jitters, since I haven't had coffee all summer!)

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Thankfully Lombardia and ACI are on the other side of the world from each other so do not conflict. I’m in EST in the US so Lombardia will be in the morning and ACI the afternoon. I plan to watch both live because they don’t usually archive the streams and videos may be iffy, then fill in the evenings with JGP Russia from the videos on the JGP youtube. There is no way I can watch JGP Russia live because much of it takes place in the middle of the night. It will probably take until Monday evening for me watch everything. It’s going to be insane and next weekend may be worse.:eeking: