Phil Hersh chimes in on the Quad Revolution | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Phil Hersh chimes in on the Quad Revolution

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's kind of amusing to see all companies Yuzuru made contract with like Kose, Citizen, Lotte on the board at the competitions :biggrin:

I want them to hand out Citizen watches as part of the prize packages. His face would be priceless....

(And even the ones he's helping design to other competitions? More pricelessness)

noskates

Record Breaker
I'll support what El Henry and others have said that CASUAL fans have no clue what the jump is or how many revolutions there were. They want a good show!!! I think when the injuries start outweighing the "skating prestige" of landing quads then we hopefully will see some restrictions. Some can argue that a sport has to keep evolving and getting more challengings. Maybe so if that sport doesn't also reward (albeit stingily) for artistry!

Let's see what the tally is at the end of the season and how many of these jumping beans are still standing - uhhhhh, I mean skating.

neud

Match Penalty
Let's see what the tally is at the end of the season and how many of these jumping beans are still standing - uhhhhh, I mean skating.
Yeah, let's see how these jumping beans Miyahara (who is 3 cm lower than Trusova) and Kihira (2 cm lower than Trusova) will be skating.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Good god. I don't think I have ever seen a thread more filled with passive-aggressive smiley faces. :laugh:

Sam L

Medalist
This is pointless because quads are the limit anyway, it's physically impossible to go beyond the quad so if you can quad, quad. No quad, no party.

You change the spokes but the wheel keeps rolling, and the fans love it. :yes:

In Synchro, that is literally true.

Arbitrary

Medalist
This is pointless because quads are the limit anyway, it's physically impossible to go beyond the quad so if you can quad, quad. No quad, no party.

In Synchro, that is literally true.

Tarasova thinks opposite... 5T possible. I think if 5T ever landed properly the 5F and 5Lz possible too.
6 rotations would require Jedi skills.

P.S. And Dmitriev stated he did land 4A a couple of times in practice. Hanyu did the same very likely...

Weathergal

Medalist
Tarasova thinks opposite... 5T possible. I think if 5T ever landed properly the 5F and 5Lz possible too.
6 rotations would require Jedi skills.

P.S. And Dmitriev stated he did land 4A a couple of times in practice. Hanyu did the same very likely...[/QUOT

Wasn't Keegan Messing trying a 4A at one point?

readernick

Medalist
I think these jumps can be rotated. But, can they be landed? You need height, speed, distance, and fast rotation to rotate that many times in the air. Those factors make it hard to land these jumps. Smaller jumps make it easier to control landings.