Tuktamysheva's scores | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva's scores

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Jesus Christ randomly saw this thread and there's already 261 posts about this? Omg this is some next level... Um.. Thing.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think it is incredibly poor sportsmanship to bring up other skaters and make the sort of comments Mishin is doing.
No wonder Liza has exhibited less than stellar manners recently, looks like she's picked them up from him.

He seems to have blinders on and never acknowledges the fact that his coaching style may be rather antiquated at this time. It seems he has invested all his energy into Liza and her 3A at the expense of everything else, including the other skaters in his team. He was a great coach in his time, but in the IJS era, he has not adapted and just makes excuses. It reeks of sour grapes.

As for Liza, I have the sense that she is angling to be some kind of edgy media "personality" a la Adam and Ashley, since she knows she can't compete forever. It feels a bit contrived to me. I like the old Liza better.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Right or wrong, fair or not Liza needs to give what the judges want. A person with 3 3a's should be very copetitive and fighting for gold. Easier said than done sheneeds to work on her speed, transitions and pcs. Continue selling her prgrams and look at fixing all those lost points on spins and step sequences. She h as the advantage in some ways that she is a woman not a girl. She needs to sell sell sell and really break down what the judges want. I hope Mishin will realize what the judges want - now give it - again easier said than done.

macy

Record Breaker
Right or wrong, fair or not Liza needs to give what the judges want. A person with 3 3a's should be very copetitive and fighting for gold. Easier said than done sheneeds to work on her speed, transitions and pcs. Continue selling her prgrams and look at fixing all those lost points on spins and step sequences. She h as the advantage in some ways that she is a woman not a girl. She needs to sell sell sell and really break down what the judges want. I hope Mishin will realize what the judges want - now give it - again easier said than done.

based on what he said in the interview posted on the last page, i think he would rather complain than adapt, and that is really really sad for Liza, Sofia etc. it sounds to me he is too stubborn and just wants to make excuses, and if that's the case, i hope Liza realizes she isn't getting any farther with him unless she takes matters into her own hands.

Plisskin

Medalist
Still don't understand the controversy with Tuk or why this thread is long. Awesome 3A but she faltered in the SP and besides the jumps....there's not much else to her program or skating is there?

sworddance21

On the Ice
I find it amusing that people are complaining that Nathan's PCS is too high because all he does is jump well, but Liza's is too low because she jumps well...

icybear

Medalist
Honestly I think the problem with Elizaveta is that she does the same or similar type of program for her sp and fs every single year. I think its very hard for judges to give her a rise in pcs even when she does improve her choreo and interpretation a bit more because they feel like they've watched the same program the year before and the year before that.

lzxnl

Final Flight
I find it amusing that people are complaining that Nathan's PCS is too high because all he does is jump well, but Liza's is too low because she jumps well...

Nathan is on 94/100 PCS. Liza is on around 63/80. People are probably expecting closer to 90/100 for Nathan and 67/80 for Liza.

gotoschool

Medalist
I have a mixed view on the topic. I agree with the view that Elizavetta could improve her speed and though her jumps are big, I can see the argument that they need more transitions and speed to get higher GOE. However to my eyes, Elizavetta's ur call on the triple lutz in the SP was totally bogus, even more so when compared to the lack of ur calls on Bradie in the long. Even Liza's triple loop receiving a ur in the long seemed like a double standard compared to no urs for Bradie in the long. I know how tech calls and PCS often play favorites with some and come down exceptionally hard on others and how this can become deeply ingrained through precedent in the system independent of where competitions are held. However in terms of PCS, skating skills, transitions, artistry, spins and step sequences, Bradie impressed me more than Elizavetta, though I thought Kaori and Anna were the best in PCS. Finally, Eunsoo Lim seemed underscored in PCS to me since I saw her skate just before Elizavetta and thought her components were better, though she received a lower PCS score.

andromache

Record Breaker
Mishin's comments are a very bad look. I can understand when a skater might get a bit of attitude about losing or their poor scores, considering all of these skaters are young people who are still learning. But Mishin is an adult and he should know better.

Did Bradie receive favorable scoring on home ice? Sure. But Liza would've received favorable scoring on home ice as well! Let's not pretend that only Americans are guilty of this. :rolleye: And I don't think the generous scoring Bradie received made enough of a difference to change the placements. Liza has weak spins and footwork and does not deserve high GOE. Bradie does. Bradie also deserves higher PCS than Liza for the difficulty of transitions, choreography, etc., in addition to her better skating skills. I think the only true unfairness to Liza was the UR call in the SP on the 3Lz.

I've been a fan of Liza, but she and her team are starting to concern me with what seems to be an overall lack of sportsmanship. Figure skating is a subjective sport, and sometimes it goes your way and other times it does not. I understand Liza is in a uniquely difficult position given the depth of the Russian ladies, so it must be frustrating for her to know that despite all she has achieved she might not make the Worlds team. But the only thing she can do is try to improve her own skating, not to focus on others.

readernick

Medalist
Mishin's comments are a very bad look. I can understand when a skater might get a bit of attitude about losing or their poor scores, considering all of these skaters are young people who are still learning. But Mishin is an adult and he should know better.

Did Bradie receive favorable scoring on home ice? Sure. But Liza would've received favorable scoring on home ice as well! Let's not pretend that only Americans are guilty of this. :rolleye: And I don't think the generous scoring Bradie received made enough of a difference to change the placements. Liza has weak spins and footwork and does not deserve high GOE. Bradie does. Bradie also deserves higher PCS than Liza for the difficulty of transitions, choreography, etc., in addition to her better skating skills. I think the only true unfairness to Liza was the UR call in the SP on the 3Lz.

I've been a fan of Liza, but she and her team are starting to concern me with what seems to be an overall lack of sportsmanship. Figure skating is a subjective sport, and sometimes it goes your way and other times it does not. I understand Liza is in a uniquely difficult position given the depth of the Russian ladies, so it must be frustrating for her to know that despite all she has achieved she might not make the Worlds team. But the only thing she can do is try to improve her own skating, not to focus on others.

Agree 100%. I completely understand Liza and Misha's frustration but calling other skaters out pubicly is not a good idea.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

I think her marks were mostly fair at Skate America (maybe I'd score her a bit higher in GOE on her 3As), but I can see where she would feel frustrated getting these scores when she earned 80+ SP and 153+ LP at WTT for similar quality performances. Yes, WTT always has crazy inflation but it may have led her to believe those are the kind of scores she should be getting for her best skates.

Amei

Record Breaker
Honestly I think the problem with Elizaveta is that she does the same or similar type of program for her sp and fs every single year. I think its very hard for judges to give her a rise in pcs even when she does improve her choreo and interpretation a bit more because they feel like they've watched the same program the year before and the year before that.

Well technically a skater should be able to compete for years with the same choreographed program - the judges are supposed to be scoring based off what the skater's doing on the ice that day regardless of what they did last week or last year.

Ostap Bender

Rinkside
TeamMishin (Tatiana Mishina) continue to give interviews on Liza's content and judging. The following article is a segment from a longer interview in another publication. the translation below is only the parts about "Liza's and Medvedeva's jump issues".

Tatiana Mishina: "Medvedeva did her lutz incorrectly, and keeps on doing it constantly. Yet they forgive her".

https://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sport...jet_eto_postojanno_On_jej_chasto_proshhajetsa

Mishina: And why do you think that just few days before Skate America Liza substituted in her FS the 3F3T combo for the 3T3T combo? Because of that darn edge on the Flip that is so hard to fix (if problematic initially).

Medvedeva had a lutz issue, and keeps on having it, constantly. It's not because of "bad Medvedeva", it's just simply hard to fix. During the programme the judges often put an exclamation mark for that element, when the edge is in question. Once there is an exclamation mark, there can not be high GOE's or pluses.
---
Will Liza return her flip (in a combo)? Maybe. It is quite clear on the videos, if the take off from the right edge or not. For Medvedeva's lutz, they often forgive her. She always has only one lutz in her programme, because it is risky to put in two of them, and to risk that at least one will be noted.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker

Medvedeva's PCS never stopped to rise when she was with Eteri and was doing similar programs season after season. Or P/C whose FD is always from the same style since 2014 but always see their PCS and overall scores rise to the sky.
Many skaters do the "same" program season after season and some still get high PCS.