Tuktamysheva's scores | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva's scores

P44

On the Ice
The only thing I really disagree with is the UR call on her 3Lz in the SP.

cake

On the Ice
I don´t have any problems with her pcs, but I agree jump GOE should often be better. Still I don´t get why her team doesn´t attempt changes regarding jump layout, choreography/transitions and spin levels despite getting the judges message over and over again.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
I don´t have any problems with her pcs, but I agree jump GOE should often be better. Still I don´t get why her team doesn´t attempt changes regarding jump layout, choreography/transitions and spin levels despite getting the judges message over and over again.

It's a mystery to me. She's been losing so many potential points in areas she's had years to improve on but just hasn't. Her layout makes next to no sense at this point, she's competing with ladies that have quads/3As but also a 3-3 or two and she has none in her FS.

The judges are being harsh on her and unfortunately I think they need to be, because the message is for her own good. Instead of giving snarky attitude at the scores, she and her team should work on improving her points scoring potential.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
At least as far as spins go, I think Liza's various injuries over the years, especially the back problems, probably impose a hard cap on her flexibility.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Liza leaves too many points on the table. Why didn’t she do her 3F-3T in the long? No edge call on the solo flip. She also only had level 2 on her step sequence. Those things,with her mistakes in the long program are what are holding her back as much as PCS. Her team should look at the layouts of other 2 3A long programs, like Rika’s, and try to add as much tech as she is capable of. Certainly, at least one 3-3.

Pantsu

On the Ice
I think the reason is quite obvious. She can't perform a more difficult program. You might as well ask why doesn't she jump quads
People blame Mishin but i think he knows limits of her skating hence Professor tries to balance Tuktik's programs

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you're focused on whether one jump was rightly/wrongly called under-rotated, or thinking she should have gained a point or two extra in GOE, you're missing the forest for the trees.

I watched her competitive programs yesterday and the day before.

Other than the 3A's I cannot remember a anything about her performances.

That's the "forest."

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Liza can't outjump her slow speed, lack of choreography and at times performance, minimal to basic transitions, and poor spins and steps. That was possible before, and the signal was sent last season when she wasn't chosen for the World team. But as others have said, her jump layout is not helping. Ladies with 3A these days don't win just because they have 3As. They also have good 3-3 combinations and can consistently get level 4 spins and step sequences.

I'm genuinely confused at her reactions in the kiss and cry as of late because even if her PCS marks aren't up to her, her jump layout 100% is.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Watching last night's competition my immediate first impressions were

1. Liza looked obviously slower then all the other ladies in the final group.

2. 2 clean 3As, no edge calls and only 1 downgrade and yet she still couldn't break 140

I think it just shows that outside the jumps where she scored well (forget GOE) the judges don't rate her well in everything else. That's her downfall and it's crazy to see her team constantly fiddling with jumps when at this point they solely need to work harder on everything else. She has made improvements there but she's still so far behind everyone else.

artsciboy

On the Ice
Liza's current (Lombardia/Skate America FS) base value is 67.62 assuming all levels on spins/footwork.

She can actually increase the base value to 70.01 if she went for the following jump layout:

3a-2t
3a
3z
3f
----
2a-euler-3s
3z-3t
3r

Doable, but is she willing to put in the work?

Lipea

Final Flight
Liza can't outjump her slow speed, lack of choreography and at times performance, minimal to basic transitions, and poor spins and steps. That was possible before, and the signal was sent last season when she wasn't chosen for the World team. But as others have said, her jump layout is not helping. Ladies with 3A these days don't win just because they have 3As. They also have good 3-3 combinations and can consistently get level 4 spins and step sequences.

I'm genuinely confused at her reactions in the kiss and cry as of late because even if her PCS marks aren't up to her, her jump layout 100% is.

Now, since you voice the words of many, please tell how is Liza’s lack of choreo, spins and steps are worse than of a skater who was, undeservedly, sent ahead of her to the Worlds last year?
How is her posture and performance and overall quality of performances prior to worlds were not much better than of the World Champ?
People here compare her to Kostaemaia, but she is one of her kind. The other great jumper who pretends on highests positions this season, Trusova for example, is not great in those aspects either. Explain me, please.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Now, since you voice the words of many, please tell how is Liza’s lack of choreo, spins and steps are worse than of a skater who was, undeservedly, sent ahead of her to the Worlds last year?
How is her posture and performance and overall quality of performances prior to worlds were not much better than of the World Champ?
People here compare her to Kostaemaia, but she is one of her kind. The other great jumper who pretends on highests positions this season, Trusova for example, is not great in those aspects either. Explain me, please.

Are you actually being serious?

In skating skills and choreography alone, the likes of Kostornaia, Shcherbakova and Zagitova are miles ahead.
Medvedeva struggled with her jumps somewhat but the rest is superior to Liza even if you factor in the inevitable over scoring, Zhenya has some excellent performance qualities. Liza has almost no proper choreography, her interpretation is the same no matter what music she uses (as shown by her briefly skating to different music from what her SP was even designed for).
She skates with very little speed or flow, had only step sequence level TWO in the FS and stalks her jumps with virtually no transitions.
Even Trusova attempts complex choreography, interpretation and uses difficult transitions. Trusova has the luxury of being able to rely a lot more on extremely high base value with a maximised layout, superior spins and steps. Her lower PCS does not matter as much as it does for Liza.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the reason is quite obvious. She can't perform a more difficult program. You might as well ask why doesn't she jump quads
People blame Mishin but i think he knows limits of her skating hence Professor tries to balance Tuktik's programs

But she can jump 3-3s. She has done both the 3lz-3t and 3f-3t in competition. She needs to work on one or both. She also needs to make sure she gets all of her levels.

theharleyquinn

Medalist

Last time I looked at the results last season, Alina beat Liza at the GPF, so I don't understand why you're comparing them.

I'm not here to rehash the decision that was made last year. I'm only noting that Liza's inability to command a high PCS score compared to the top of the field last season (Zagitova, Kihira, Sakamoto, etc.) was a liability to a team where it was not certain how Zagitova could perform. The federation trusted Medvedeva as a PCS anchor. Whether you agree with it or not, there was data that made it a rational decision.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Liza raised the difficulty of her layouts gradually last season. So i wouldn't be surprised if she comes with a new free skate layout.

She isn't that worse than many skaters named here. Scores don't reflect the abilities of some skaters.

If you're focused on whether one jump was rightly/wrongly called under-rotated, or thinking she should have gained a point or two extra in GOE, you're missing the forest for the trees.

I watched her competitive programs yesterday and the day before.

Other than the 3A's I cannot remember a anything about her performances.

That's the "forest."

That's very interesting, because my reaction is exactly the opposite with Liza. I don't remember any of the jump details either, but I love the "forest." I leave the arena feeling both charmed and entertained.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
That's very interesting, because my reaction is exactly the opposite with Liza. I don't remember any of the jump details either, but I love the "forest." I leave the arena feeling both charmed and entertained.

That's fair, but nonetheless that only translates into roughly two marks under the PCS umbrella. I also think she hurt herself by choosing a FS that's very similar to the one last year.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Liza is royally p@ssed off about her scores compared to the young wonders in her own country. To see these kids come up and hit scores and PCS that she dreams about cannot be easy for her to take. Her sometimes snarky attitude should not matter. An old friend once said people are only human and when Liza is being snarky it is human and real.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Liza is royally p@ssed off about her scores compared to the young wonders in her own country. To see these kids come up and hit scores and PCS that she dreams about cannot be easy for her to take. Her sometimes snarky attitude should not matter. An old friend once said people are only human and when Liza is being snarky it is human and real.

Yes she is human, but the attitude will not do her any favours in the judges eyes. Athletes are expected to behave with a certain amount of decorum, grace and sportsmanship.
Ashley Wagner was also very outspoken and snarky, making comments on the judging of her and other's scores.
It doesn't usually help their cause to act that way, no matter how naturally human it is.
Continuing to sneer at her scores will not help Liza earn better scores, but might make things worse instead.