michelle kwan forum | Golden Skate

michelle kwan forum

ritymeez

Rinkside
Or use a different internet thing like internet explorer or netscape.

That same thing happened to me too before so I know what you're going through right now. :)

valuvsmk

Rinkside
eternalacer said:
what s up with the site? haven t been able to visit it for like weeks now. does anybody know

Do you go there for the entertainment value? There are several posters there who are almost completely certifiable in their over-the-top worship (I do not exaggerate) of her (and Michelle is my favorite skater by far, but PLEASE). :p

Fossi

Final Flight
Please dish valuvsmk.
I hearing all the gossip about the skater boards. I've read lots on sashafans and how crazy they are, now I get to hear about Michelle?
I love when people like you can come to the boards and spread the poop!
Dish, dish, dish.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
valuvsmk said:
Do you go there for the entertainment value? There are several posters there who are almost completely certifiable in their over-the-top worship (I do not exaggerate) of her (and Michelle is my favorite skater by far, but PLEASE). :p
Since when is slaughtering a few chickens considered over the top? ;) :biggrin: :p

R.D.

Record Breaker
Bottom line: At ANY skater-specific forum you'll get her worshippers. MKF, SashaFans, you name it. They are all the same, really.

That's the fun of being a sports fan. Root, root, root for the home team. Yay!!!!

But as for me, when my college football team takes the field, I just want to see lovely performances and I don't really care who wins.

MM :p

Fossi

Final Flight
Piel said:
Since when is slaughtering a few chickens considered over the top? ;) :biggrin: :p

So you're saying that in order to be a member of MKF you have to sacrifice chickens? Someone should turn them in to PETA. That's just horrific! :mad:

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Fossi, it's a joke. From the MKF (Heather's site) FAQ's

27. What is the chicken sacrifice story?

One of the "inside jokes" of the forum, this began when a visitor once asked if MKF was a cult to Michelle. The visitor commented that posters at MKF were very obsessive and that pretty soon we would be having sacrifices to Michelle. Obviously MKF is not a cult, but someone decided to make a joke out of it by playing along with the idea, so they responded to the visitor by saying that daily sacrifices had been going on for some time. Another poster added that the reason Michelle didn't win the 1999 World Championships was because we didn't make enough sacrifices. After that, someone offered to bring the chicken next time, but when a live chicken couldn't be found, KFC was used as a substitute. Now it's ballooned to the point where many posters joke about eating chicken (or Tofu, for vegetarians!) to ensure Michelle skating well!

So Mr. Cluck Cluck is safe ...............unless the Colonel gets him. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
I like extra crispy and a biscuit with my Michelle Kwan.

MM :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think it's probably safe to say that more birds have been sacrificed to make tacky costumes than by MKF members. I will admit to doing a little dance in the moonlight to ask for a WVU bowl win every now and then. ;) :p :biggrin:

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
See what happens when I answer a PM while posting? :banging: :banging: :banging: Will a Mod please delete the last one? Thanks! :)

Last edited:
I know. Just like I had to go back and edit my post three posts up because you beat me with the Colonel remark. Great minds...

MM:)

kyla2

Final Flight
Mkf

Go over and take a look at some of the threads at MKF. A few people have commented on Michelle's appearance (some people think she's put on a little weight-I think she looks beautiful) and they didn't like her LP. Sadly, some of the posters there have lost all sense of proportion and have started threads implying that those people are disloyal, etc. You get my drift I am sure. It's really a shame that reasonable conversations can't be had on a fan site, without people's motives being questioned. Their view is that it is her fan site and if you aren't going to say positive things, well you aren't their kind of fan. I am a member there and when I see this kind of censorship/behavior it makes me not want to post at MKF (and I hadn't for some time). I will say this about this forum: you have many people here who have their favorite skaters, and all kinds of things get said, but rarely do you have someone trying to shut down a conversation because they don't like it. There is no "group think" here and I truly appreciate that. I am a true Michelle fan, first and foremost, but I appreciate other women skaters (Sasha-who I am aprreciating more day to day, Irina, Shizuka and Angela). I am grateful that I am not looked at as a disloyal fan because of it.

R.D.

Record Breaker
kyla2 said:
Go over and take a look at some of the threads at MKF. A few people have commented on Michelle's appearance (some people think she's put on a little weight-I think she looks beautiful) and they didn't like her LP. Sadly, some of the posters there have lost all sense of proportion and have started threads implying that those people are disloyal, etc. You get my drift I am sure. It's really a shame that reasonable conversations can't be had on a fan site, without people's motives being questioned. Their view is that it is her fan site and if you aren't going to say positive things, well you aren't their kind of fan. I am a member there and when I see this kind of censorship/behavior it makes me not want to post at MKF (and I hadn't for some time). I will say this about this forum: you have many people here who have their favorite skaters, and all kinds of things get said, but rarely do you have someone trying to shut down a conversation because they don't like it. There is no "group think" here and I truly appreciate that. I am a true Michelle fan, first and foremost, but I appreciate other women skaters (Sasha-who I am aprreciating more day to day, Irina, Shizuka and Angela). I am grateful that I am not looked at as a disloyal fan because of it.

I agree with you, and it is sad that you can't talk anything non-positive without your intentions being questioned. But this is a problem with ALL skater-specific forums, not just MKF. MKF is just the largest.

This is exactly why I am here. Although I perceive a slight Kwan bias here it's still as close to a general skating board as you're going to get.

Not everyone is happy with the last skate of their favorite. I wouldn't worry about this but if the MKF forum fans do worry, then they should take a breath and see if they can just suggest some corrective criticism. That is all they should be doing. I complain about MK all the time and still have time to praise her. No problem.

I'm still waiting for the 3x3, and btw, Johnny's quad. Then, if they get on the podium I am happy. I want them both in Worlds and winning GOLD. And that's not because I am American because I would easily accept Irina and Stephane.

Joe

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
I agree with you, and it is sad that you can't talk anything non-positive without your intentions being questioned. But this is a problem with ALL skater-specific forums, not just MKF. MKF is just the largest.

I posted at Sashafans for the first time last week after nationals. After reading post after post bashing Kwan, for example....

But it wasn't just a Kwan Love Fest...it was a bash Sasha fest, and has been for several weeks. There is SOMETHING wrong with a "champion" who cannot thrive unless her fans and her "people" in authority bash other skaters to smithereens every possible chance they get.

This sounds like the poster is saying that Kwan can't be a champion unless her fans bash the competition :scratch: ? Kwan's SKATING is what has made her a champion. Why blame her for the behaviour of some fans? This is just not a rational argument IMO. The fact is if Sasha had stayed on her feet for both programs it WOULD have been a Sasha Love Fest.

But Sasha has not endured bashing from US Nationals to the Olympcis, she has endured bashing from the day after the SP in 2000 at US Nationals down to the present. She has never once had a moment's grace or relief from this, EXCEPT during the commentary at Campbells in 2003, not from the press and not from ABC's commentators.

Cohen has been praised for something every time she has stepped on the ice. I have not heard the announcers say anything more negative about her than any other skater. When she falls it is going to be noticed. Is the poster suggesting that Cohen's mistakes be ignored?

Furthermore, no one set up a "bumping incident" to deamonize Tara (like Brennan set up on Sasha in 2002 before the Olympics).

Was Brennan on the ice? Did she do the bumping? Again, when things happen they are going to be reported. Brennan may have made a mountain out of a mole hill but the truth is an incident did occur and the blame if any has to start there with the parties involved in the actual incident.

The general vibe I get from SFs is that Sasha for some reason should be treated differently than other skaters. It's almost like they feel she is too fragile to stand up to the same treatment that every other skater in the world receives. There is always an excuse for the mistakles in her programs.

I asked why there was so much hostility toward her. I asked it in a nice way and did not break any of their rules. A few minutes later my post was deleted and now I am unable to post there without as much as an e-mail or word as to what I did wrong. I guess whoever's board it is can ban anyone they want but this seemed awfully unfair IMO. I'ts almost like the policy is either come here to adore Sasha and bash Kwan or stay away. I can't believe that those who I'd like to think of as rational people are not open to discussion or willing to back up such accusations with fact. It really makes me appreciate GS, Paula, the mods, and the posters here.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I asked why there was so much hostility toward her. I asked it in a nice way and did not break any of their rules. A few minutes later my post was deleted and now I am unable to post there without as much as an e-mail or word as to what I did wrong. I guess whoever's board it is can ban anyone they want but this seemed awfully unfair IMO. I'ts almost like the policy is either come here to adore Sasha and bash Kwan or stay away.

If I may, a thread was started at Sashafans about "what annoys you about Kwan's skating". Immediately posters jumped in to say they also like MK and asked him to tone his comments down. So it's not all bad...however, it's still a Sasha fan board.