Joanne Rochette-Canadian champion | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Joanne Rochette-Canadian champion

R.D.

Record Breaker
Oh yeah, if anyone else is interested in seeing it I'm putting it up on my video forum.

glow_girl85

Rinkside
the only thing that annoyed me was that she skated first...i felt so bad for all the other skaters. :cry: they need to change the way the order of skaters are chosen.

aviva_dawn

On the Ice
Red Dog:

What program do I use to open Joannie's LP on my computer?....

Never mind....I figured it out.....

Last edited:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Red Dog, THANK YOU for posting those videos on your wonderful web site! What a total treat to watch them! :love:

MasterB

Final Flight
Thanks

To: RED DOG

You are my new best friend, I just downloaded the canadians nationals and it was great. Joannie could have won the U.S. Nationals easily. Too bad about Cynthia, the rest of the ladies was horrible, but I enjoyed watching just the same. Thanks a bunch. If you get the men please include them in your file so that I can view it tomorrow morning. In New YOrk city we are all trapped home due to the blizzard.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
First of all, Red Dog your skating site is first rate and I was surprised how quickly I was able to access a video. Joanne's skate was awesome.... power, tight rotations on her jumps, musical interpretation, and a split jump as good as Michelles. The podium's going to get awfully crowded.....they're going to need a couple of more levels. That skate was a potential world title skate if I ever saw it..............42

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
glow_girl85 said:
the only thing that annoyed me was that she skated first...i felt so bad for all the other skaters. :cry: they need to change the way the order of skaters are chosen.
Why on earth should they change the skating order?
No need to feel bad for the other skaters... they just need
to try and rise to the challenge. It either makes or breaks
the skaters, also gives experience... and besides, Cynthia
was the current Champion, they had to watch out for her
as well.

I can see feeling bad for the others who didn't have the best
skates, because these skaters can do these jumps or they
wouldn't be at the Nationals where the best of the best in
Canada are competiting.

I hope I don't come across as snooty, I'm not trying to be...
just felt like replying to your comment is all. :)

glow_girl85

Rinkside
TRAxel said:
Why on earth should they change the skating order?
No need to feel bad for the other skaters... they just need
to try and rise to the challenge. It either makes or breaks
the skaters, also gives experience... and besides, Cynthia
was the current Champion, they had to watch out for her
as well.

I can see feeling bad for the others who didn't have the best
skates, because these skaters can do these jumps or they
wouldn't be at the Nationals where the best of the best in
Canada are competiting.

I hope I don't come across as snooty, I'm not trying to be...
just felt like replying to your comment is all. :)
it's not just feeling bad for the other skaters, but don't you think it would have been a lot more exciting if Joannie skated last? since she skated first, the commentators were saying "it's over, we have our new champion!" that annoys me, because then, as a viewer, i'm thinking "why should anyone else even bother if they've already given it to Joannie?"

ceg15

On the Ice
Congrats to Joannie-she did amazing!! I almost cried too, and when they showed Jeff in the audience at the end of the program cheering, he was so proud-that was priceless! Joannie has proved herslef to be teh next big thing. I'm so proud of her and proud right now to be canadian after watching the canadian nationals this year, Canada has such a bright future in all disciplines of figure skating. But I must say, the highight was definitely Joannie-WOW!! I hope she makes the podium at Worlds! :yes: :agree: :biggrin: :) đź‘Ť ;)

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Anyone feeling this score was inflated just so obviously did not see this live. It was one of the best ladies skates in history . I put it up there with some winning Olys programs, it was that good! (and I'm not just grandstanding, I wasn't really a big Joannie fan til this week).