Thread: Adam Rippon's Google Talk

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset skylark's Avatar

9 Not allowed!

Adam Rippon's Google Talk

Here's Adam Rippon's Google Talk. He's on a book tour, but what's very inspiring to me is that Adam answers the interviewer and audience questions so thoroughly and authentically, taking us through every feeling and resistance he had along the way to the Olympics. My personal favorite question and answer is about how he got through to actually enjoying the process and the journey of the grueling training, and why it was so hard to get to the place of enjoying it. That's just one small teaser; it's a great talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSm4IVUP0Ig

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Thank you for posting this. Adam is nothing if not completely candid, and for a public figure that's not only welcome but very unusual. Interesting that the most "don't be gay" judges were the gay/lesbian judges. But that doesn't surprise me.

I'll have to try to find his book.

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset skylark's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    You're welcome. Yes, completely candid in a natural way. What I like is how he goes through all his reactions, not jumping to the end. I might order the book from Amazon. Or I might convince my librarian to order it.

ETA: to clarify my thinking: if it's in the library, more people will get a chance to read it.

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    My favorite part: No doubt and no expectations. He's so bright and honest. This is a funny and engaging interview.

GS Supporter

2 Not allowed!
    I recommend his book. I listened to the Audible version read by him,of course. He is candid and often hilarious, including some gross humor about getting drug tested in his home.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Kind of OT, but if you want a really good talk with Adam then i recommend this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnt418OI7vM

It's super honest and made me understand him much more.

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tafattsbarn View Post
    Kind of OT, but if you want a really good talk with Adam then i recommend this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnt418OI7vM

It's super honest and made me understand him much more.
    He's so honest and sweet, I love it. He has really made the most of his time in the skating spotlight and seems ready to move on. I wish him the best.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    I read his book and it's pretty good. Its very funny in the beginning. And it helps explain some figure skating things. I'm glad he's figuring out how to make the most of his Olympic experience so he can actually profit from it and make a living.