2019 Judging and Tech calls discussion | Golden Skate

2019 Judging and Tech calls discussion

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
In this thread feel free to discuss judging and tech calls for the 2019 skating season in depth and at length.:thumbsup:

Be respectful of the opinions of others
Conspiracy posts and unfounded accusations are not allowed

Last edited:

starla16

Medalist
Kaori was robbed of a medal, sorry for saying that here
Alina was underscored the most with dubious calls

starla16

Medalist
That 2016 is a joke. Even when I admit that I've seen her better, her calls both in SP and FS were nuts. At least her combo save was nearly as epic as in Peyongchang :thumbsup:

I was laughing at her calls, I guess they were hoping she would have a disaster skate so Bell can get silver, you know coz Tennell isnt making the GPF

anyways Bell wont be getting those scores at Cup of Russia. lmao

E

eterialskater

I was laughing at her calls, I guess they were hoping she would have a disaster skate so Bell can get silver, you know coz Tennell isnt making the GPF

I hope to never see that tech control team ever. Really outrageous calls on Alina's lutzes.

starla16

Medalist
I hope to never see that tech control team ever. Really outrageous calls on Alina's lutzes.

Bells next event is at Cup of Russia, so I don't think she will get those ridiculous marks
but she can still fight for bronze along with Satoko

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Bells next event is at Cup of Russia, so I don't think she will get those ridiculous marks
but she can still fight for bronze along with Satoko

I wouldn't exactly call her scores ridiculous, she did really well.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Mariah didnt make a mistake

She skated clean across two programs, I don't know what the problem is.. This wasn't Alina's best competition, the ice condition probably gave her some troubles. At NHK, things will be different. It's in Japan, where she loves to compete, and the ice will be perfect there.

Edit: Shallow note but Alina's dress was the best for me today. She looked like a real queen out there. Just beautiful. :luv17:

pearly

Record Breaker

Actually, the ! on her 2nd lutz isn't outrageous. There should be less dispute over it than over the e she received yesterday. The first one is difficult to see from this angle. Maybe a fan video from a different angle will clarify it.

Alena's 1st 3A was under but no UR call there. The 3F edge looked ok to me, surprised about that one.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker

You are bringing an interesting topic: Bell vs. Medvedeva at CoR. If Zhenya skates both programs the way she skated FS in Canada she should be safe. As I already mentioned she is the only one among the Russian senior incumbents whose tech score has not deteriorated since the last season. But Bell is the only US hope for GPF. I am very curious now.

I used to laugh at chukm when he (supposedly he) pointed out to the composition of tech panels. I have to apologize and admit that I was wrong. It does matter. Therefore I shall definitely look at who will be there in Moscow.

starla16

Medalist
You are bringing an interesting topic: Bell vs. Medvedeva at CoR. If Zhenya skates both programs the way she skated FS in Canada she should be safe. As I already mentioned she is the only one among the Russian senior incumbents whose tech score has not deteriorated since the last season. But Bell is the only US hope for GPF. I am very curious now.

I used to laugh at chukm when he (supposedly he) pointed out to the composition of tech panels. I have to apologize and admit that I was wrong. It does matter. Therefore I shall definitely look at who will be there in Moscow.

If Med doesn't have a disaster SP Like at SC, then silver shouldn't be hard for her. She will get a home boost and they need need to prop a higher score for her to secure 2 GPs next season.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker

Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

If Mariah skated exactly the same in Russia she would get lower scores?

Zhenya will get a home boost which is fair enough, even I agree it's a thing and happens a lot.

But when Bradie got one, well, that's just not fair is it?

Lol

And you wonder why so many people don't take this "anti-Russian scoring" thing seriously

starla16

Medalist
Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

If Mariah skated exactly the same in Russia she would get lower scores?

Zhenya will get a home boost which is fair enough, even I agree it's a thing and happens a lot.

But when Bradie got one, well, that's just not fair is it?

Lol

And you wonder why so many people don't take this "anti-Russian scoring" thing seriously

no I wasn't being hypocritical you saw Bradie getting higher score at SA than at SC
If Med gets a decent SP and clean FS, she will get a home boost as well, it happens to all skaters competing in home GP events in all disciplines

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
If Med doesn't have a disaster SP Like at SC, then silver shouldn't be hard for her. She will get a home boost and they need need to prop a higher score for her to secure 2 GPs next season.

There won't be any home boosts with tech panels from GP in USA and France. These guys won't care that they are in Moscow. Why should they? But again, Trusova is off-limits and Zhenya has been the exception to the rule so that it won't be an easy breeze for Mariah to win the silver.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
no I wasn't being hypocritical you saw Bradie getting higher score at SA than at SC
If Med gets a decent SP and clean FS, she will get a home boost as well, it happens to all skaters competing in home GP events in all disciplines

A lot of people were cursing Bradie to hell and back for her home boost, not saying you personally but they were. That's all... the hypocrisy does exist

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
There won't be any home boosts with tech panels from GP in USA and France. These guys won't care that they are in Moscow. Why should they? But again, Trusova is off-limits and Zhenya has been the exception to the rule so that it won't be an easy breeze for Mariah to win the silver.

Historically there has been home boosting in Russia just as much as there is in the US for example. I don't see why it would be any different this season, and I'm okay with that... I think there's extra pressure to do well at home that deserves some consideration.

Fluture

Record Breaker

217 should be a good enough score for two GPs next season idk why you seem so fixated on that. :scratch2: As for Cup of Russia. Well, it's an event at home, that's additional pressure for Zhenya, it seems. So she will have to skate cleanly first before we talk about judging.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Still bitter undertone. Watching the replays, where they've found those URs it's the ultimate question life, universe and everything...

But lets move on and hope in Alina doing as good as usually and normal judging panel in NHK.