Sr Pairs - Free Program - Notes & Results | Golden Skate

Sr Pairs - Free Program - Notes & Results

Rosaleen

Medalist
Notes & Comments are copyright Golden Skate. Please do not copy & paste

Placements are already on the web, so I’m not going to waste time writing them into the reports – better to get them posted quickly

Marks shows are tech, components, deductions (if any) total this program / total overall /

CAN Miller / Moram Start 5 Place 0
Notes her in dark dusty blue lace him in brown with matching shirt / sleeping beauty / 3tw a tiny bit short rev but good catch / thr 3s good distance / sbs 3t he was tight with hand down / a bit of nice chor into step overead to one hand star to no hands platter to handstand carry / sbs 2a into 2t he messed up on a think just a turnout / star with back toe entrance? / thr 3l / O ftwrk works with music got a tiny bit out of sync at one point / sbs spins very nice good sync into pair spin / music is building into a step overhead to platter with change of pos / lifts are carrying good speed and he's moving very well under her / 46.8 40.93 87.73 / 133.21 /.

CAN Findlay / Mattatall Start 6 Place 0
Notes p red with keyhole back him in black with red shirt spanish styling / 3tw caught high but bit short revs and rashy / sbs 3t she landed on both feet / thr3s very low landing but held it long nough I think / overhead to one hand to star entrance to lift was off her knees think someting might have gone wrong on the dismount and they covered it up pretty well / thr 3l fell / chor in slow section is nice / sbs 3t she messed up I think he doubled into 2t / unique upside down carry lift into no hand platter /sbs sit spins good pos & sync / diag steps work with music they're a bit far apart / hand to hand press lift / bods goes down & up nicely good pos / pair spin with her in layback catch foot to start ending with her upside down /

CAN Bergeron / Davison Start 8 Place 0
Notes navy with light blue & mauve design over shoulder/ the planets / 3tw is ok maybe a tiny bit short revs / sbs 3t she fell / lasoo to hand change tone hand one hand setdown / thr 3l / pair spin is nice with music into some very nice chor to slow music / sbs 2a she fell into 2t / h to h lift to changes of pos with one hand set down / bids with travelling entrance into fids with flip over very effective doing one into the other / thr 3t / nest ina start spiral seq / they were moving fairly fast in the 1sthalf of program seemed to have slowed down a bit / sbs spin from back cam matched well / lasso with flip out / other than the side by side jumps . . . they really skate well together / 46.57 41.74 ded 2 86.31 / 133.81 /.

CAN Putnam / Wirtz Start 9 Place 0
Notes moonlight sonata / navy with lots of light blue gauzy bits / 2tw / sbs 3z she double / lift with nice pos changesone hand setdown / sbs 3s she hand down into 2t / sbs spin bit out of sync on cam ok for sit & exit / thr 3l / bids is nice fast down & up good pos throughout / back h to h lift upside down setdown / thr 3s turnout / step over head to platter / sbs steps were fast & flowed with music / bods into pair spin / 46.75 47.73 94.48

CAN Marcoux / Buntin Start 10 Place 0
Notes navy & maroon with gold accents / russian folk music / sbs 3s turns 2 couldn't have been better / 3tw / thr 3? / lasso to star o reverse star flip out / bods / some chor to slow music into pair spin that is fast ending in facing sit / sbs 3t she poppedto single he landed on both feet / death spiral / sbs flycam sit forward cam sit upright - out of sync on last 1/2 of spin / catchy music has crowd clapping / lift with multiple pos / thr 3s / O ftwrk is fast & with music / h to h lift to helicopter into final pose and her leg hit him in the head on the way down ended a tiny bit after the music / 52.87 59.59 112.46 / 172.67 / .

CAN Wakamatsu / Fecteau Start 11 Place 0
Notes last emporer / her in kimono in purple / gorgeous opening in char of music / thr 3s / 3tw is high / sbs 3t2t big smile on her face / sbs 2a he turnout / pair spin ends in upside down / lasso to one hand to upside down split / some chor & emoting / toe overhead to star to carr with him on one foot to platter / thr 2l / unique spiral seq that is just great / fell out of death spiral / sbs spirn in very good pos & sync / bids with almost 2 revs / sbs steps are fast & with music / hip lift to one handupside down split he drops her down to ending pose / 51.05 55.14

CAN Duhamel / Arnold Start 12 Place 0
Notes her in darshia him in white sirt with lacing / levenda / 3tw bit crashy & unsteady on landing / sbs 3z she hand down he turnout hand down / pair spin is pretty but a little slow / bids is 2 revs fast down & up very nice / lasso no pos or hand change / thr 3f fell / sbs 3s turns 2t / star lift went up shakey but stayed there / thr 3l fell / sbs spins were in and out of sync / diag steps are nice fast & with music / toe overhead didn't get up / fids was good until exit and they lost it / they're both very disappointed / 37.89 37.94 ded 3 72.83 / 124.78 / .

CAN Langlois / Archetto Start 13 Place 0
Notes him i black her in marron with peach bands / Une hoome & son peche / thr 3t foot down going through / sbs 3t she fell / 3tw is high bit unsteady on landing / sbs 3t he souble she turnout on 2feet / lasso to one hand to star to carry upside down set down/ sbs cam sit chg sit upright close & fast / some chor / hip to star / bods / spirals with phrasing of music perfect / leaof faith into thr 3s / lasso to star / sbs steps / travelling entrance to fids and he changes to front pivot into pair spin / 48.94 56.13 ded 1 104.07 / 162.92 / .

Antilles

Medalist
Not such a great night for pairs. Nice to see W&F do so well. They have some relaly awesome elements. I'm happy M&B won again. They seem like great people. So, it looks as though L&A won't be on the world team. They're really having a tough year.

herios

Medalist
Antilles said:
Not such a great night for pairs. Nice to see W&F do so well. They have some relaly awesome elements. I'm happy M&B won again. They seem like great people. So, it looks as though L&A won't be on the world team. They're really having a tough year.

I am happy for Fecteau, going back to the time he was skating to Valerie Saurette, you knew he would do so much better with another partner, phisicaly more suitable to him.
Langois and Archetto deserved a wake up call IMO.

Herios - Joseph

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
YAHOOO for Val & Craig, just love em!

Wakamatsu & Fecteau, wow... some beautiful unique moves and she is the cutest little thing! :yes:

Langois and Archetto... if it weren't for her, they would look so life less...
at least she can SMILE... does he ever smile? I'm not talking about after
a bad skate... I'm talking through a program, he never looks like he wants
to be there. I agree, they needed that wake up call.

chania36

On the Ice
I am so desapointed that Langlois and Archetto did not win again this year, they placed even lower, 3rd, they wont even go to the worlds. They were 5th in the world two years ago, 8th last year, this year wont be there, she had a bit of a bad foot they said all season, they tried to to their best, I really thought this couple would have been higher by now in the world, but they are loosing some grounds every year, they need to reassess their skating because the WOW factor about them that we use to see is just simply not there no more. He never smiles, she Anabelle said at the begenning of the season she was happy to finalyy have a program that starts with a smile, theother were very serious program.

rain

Record Breaker
Not a banner night for pairs skating. Kinda disappointing that once again they were forced to go with the team who made the least mistakes. Of those who skated my favs are definitely Wakamatsu and Fecteau. Their unique moves and great presentation make me think this team can make a mark on the world stage in years to come. I think it's great that they're going to worlds to get a taste of what it's like. Marcoux and Buntin deserved the win, but I find them a pretty mediocre team on the whole. They don't have anything that really sets them apart from the crowd. He always scares me in their lifts. They do have a lovely spiral, and she was rock solid on the throws tonight, but I'd like to see them develop a style. Langlois and Archetto - what can I say? Seems par for the course for them this season. Maybe this will be the low point they need to get them climbing back up. They've been drifting for a while now. What I find telling is that they no longer have that great energy that used to just light up the ice. No matter how wonderful their choreography their charisma has dimmed. It doesn't look like they're enjoying themselves. They need to find the joy of it again.

glow_girl85

Rinkside
i agree about Langlois and Archetto...i've been saying this for a while, their frustration has taken the spark out of their skating. i hope you're right, about this being a wake-up call for them.
Congrats to Val and Craig! :)
i love W&F's programs! they do such cool stuff! i'm interested to see how they do at worlds.

IndieBoi

On the Ice
Wow!!

Wakamatsu & Fecteau were amazing... what a breath of fresh air!! They've just become my fave pair beside Shen & Zao. :love: :love: :love: