Blizzard Charles | Golden Skate

Blizzard Charles

bronxgirl

Medalist
The Weather Forecasters have officially named this storm . There are hurricane flags flying over Cape Cod. And here it is still whippping around and a lot of snow. My drive way was plowed sometime last night, but the winds are oushing everything back to the original location. I can't even figure out how much snow so far - just hoping for power to stay on all day!

gezando

Final Flight
Please keep warm and safe, not the day to fight nosocomial infx :rofl: How is that avian influenza project with Sasha? Have you fix her flutz yet

Kara Bear

Final Flight
i feel your pain. we're in the middle of our third blizzard this week...fun fun fun

bronxgirl

Medalist
gezando said:
Please keep warm and safe, not the day to fight nosocomial infx :rofl: How is that avian influenza project with Sasha? Have you fix her flutz yet

Well, we've decided that treating tsunami victims to ensure safer public health would take precedence over the avian flu for a while. Her flutz will take a bit of gene therapy to completely cure :p

Figureskates

On the Ice
Flying hurricane flags for a northeaster is wrong. I saw that too on TV and it was done at the Chatham coast guard station. The highest flag they should fly is a whole gale which is only one flag of the hurricane flag.

The hurricane flag is strictly reserved for hurricanes only.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Ah, reading these horrible weather reports brings back memories of the Blizzard of '78, which kept those of us who were living in the Boston area out of school for THREE weeks! For kids, it was an absolute dream come true! Yeah, we had to go to school 20 minutes early for the rest of the year, but that was really no biggie.

No cars were allowed on the roads except for emergency vehicles, and we had the opportunity to see and feel what life may have felt like before cars. Michael Dukakis was the Governor and he asked us to check on our elderly neighbors and make sure they had enough food and supplies.

I lived in an apartment building, and all the residents lined up along the driveway to shovel off the snow. It's all so vivid in my mind, as though it were yesterday.

That being said, I'm so glad I live in San Diego now! :biggrin:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
The blizzard of "78 was awful here too. The National Guard picked us up and took us to the hospital and we had to stay there all week. The census was down due to elective procedures being canceled. They set up a dorm type situation on one of the units that was vacant for us. Actually it was quite fun.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Good luck to everyone. The worst it gets here in the valley are a few foggy day schedules which delays the start of school. Our third winter storm for the month is headed this way, so it's time to strap on...........42

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
This morning I had to put my ski pants on to get to my car - I then changed into something descent at work. My husband and I carpooled so we only had to plow out 1 car. Ah, the New England weather!