Name that Cat! | Golden Skate

Name that Cat!

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I do volunteer work with a local animal rescue group, and in that role, have just taken in a new foster cat. He’s a gorgeous, young adult male Russian Blue, and one of my first tasks is to name him.

I’m thinking, something with a Russian flair, which is likely to appeal to prospective adopters. A subtle reference to the proud history of Russian figure skating would be a plus, so I thought I’d ask here. Does anyone have any brilliant suggestions?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
How do you say Blue in Russian?

Or go with a war horse of Rhapsody.

Or be a bit cheeky and go with blue in Japaneses....

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Sergei (Russian version of George for Gershwin, and also so many skaters named Sergei)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If it's a Russian Blue it should be Ilia, after Ilia Kulik who skated to Rhapsody in Blue. :)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
moonvine is correct. The cat's name is Plushy. Bless you for volunteering.

Lol...I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen the words “moonvine is correct” typed anywhere on this site before. Thanks CoyoteChris!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
With cats, it's a gamble... we named one adorable kitten Ivan (I can't recall why) and it wasn't till about 6-8 months later that we realised that "The Terrible" was silent but definitely a part of it...

HazyD

Rinkside
My old coach had two cats that she named Torvill and Dean. Then, Jayne Torvill actually came to the rink for some reason, and someone told her about my coach's cats. Jayne approached my coach, asked to see a picture, then when she saw the picture, asked "and which one's me?"

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Ducky, I don’t think we can insert photos in our posts, but I’ve temporarily changed my avatar so you all can at least see his handsome face! Here he is.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Ducky, I don’t think we can insert photos in our posts, but I’ve temporarily changed my avatar so you all can at least see his handsome face! Here he is.

D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww (dies from too much cuteness)

I have to say, while I suggested Sergei he looks like a Max.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

You can tweet it and then link to your tweet. Good reason to start a Twitter account.

LRK

Record Breaker
Awwww! He's adorable.:) Inspired by the Plushy idea - may I suggest The Tsar?:)

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I love Russian Blues. I've got two Russian blue ladies myself, called Panja and Mijntje (nothing to do with Russian names). I used to have a lovely lady called 'Lady Jane' (after the 9-day queen in in England)and my very first Russian Blue was a male called Boris. They're the best cats ever. But then I used to love my Tabbies too when I had them.