Michelle Kwan in "Got Milk" ad | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan in "Got Milk" ad

Kuchana

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
I must step in and say I LOVE how certain posters jump in and defend Kwan at the least slight. :rolleye: :sheesh: It starts to get old. They know Kwan's record and skill already, we don't need posters to constantly remind people of it.

Like she needs defending, anyway :laugh:

Oh come on now Red! I haven't been excessive in my own worship of Kwan of late :biggrin: hehe It all comes with the territory ya know ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
show 42 said:
What gets old are people slighting Michelle, or any other skater for that matter (Michael Weiss comes to mind)..........saw her picture and it is lovely..... :) 42

Another thing that happens a lot: The often sly comments from Kwan fans (in response to posters) like "Gee, she she's so washed up. That's why she won X gold medals, etc." Sorry to scream but for goodness sake WE KNOW ALREADY! :sheesh: IMO it doesn't do anything to repeat her (long) list of accomplishments, as if THAT would do anything to stop the so-called "slighting". It's just comical to see how far certain Kwan fans will go to "protect" their idol :laugh: :rofl:

In fact, it's comical to the point of boredom...*yawn*

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Red Dog...........then stop baiting us........that's "boring". :laugh: 42

gezando

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
WE KNOW ALREADY!
In fact, it's comical to the point of boredom...*yawn*

Ah RD you are so inspiring. No one said anything about Kwan's medal in this thread until you brought it up. Like Peggy said, Kwan earned her place in skating history

So here, cheers to your boredom

Congrats to Michelle Kwan
history making 12 th US national medal
tie the most number of 9 US national gold
5 time world gold
3 time world silver
1 time world bronze
2 olympic silver medals
1 junior world gold

redog said:
she already has five of these gold medals

Well, you know some skating history, not bad, not bad at all

Last edited:
gezando said:
Congrats to Michelle Kwan
history making 12 th US national medal
tie the most number of 9 US national gold
5 time world gold
3 time world silver
1 time world bronze
2 olympic medals
1 junior world gold
That's just astonishing, when you think about it. (Slight edit.)

Plus, it's not really her medals but how she reaches the hearts of the audience. And then on top of everything else, we see a picture like this one to remind us of her grace and beauty. And yet, for all her success, how down-to-earth she is.

Enjoy her while you can, Red Dog, you will never see her like again.

MM:)

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, I'll continue to speak my mind...it's just what happens on skating forums... :p

Gezando, thanks for proving my point so eloquently :laugh: :rofl:

Red Dog said:
Well, I'll continue to speak my mind...it's just what happens on skating forums... :p
Red Dog you can speak your mind on Golden Skate as much as you want as long as it does not break any of the house rules. BTW, we are not just your-run-of-the-mill skating forum.

Joe

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Here's my take on it...
Michelle was asked to endorse milk. I doubt they asked her if she drank milk. Michelle never said that she drank milk, it is the advertisers not the endorsers that write up the blurbs, so they are the ones that said MK drinks milk not MK.

gezando

Final Flight
Red Dog said:

Actually you make my point,
I have seen so many request for skategods over the years
"Oh skategods anyone but so and so to win this competitions"
"Oh skategods, let my favorite's competitors fall and break something"
:rofl: skategods never listen to such requests :)

of course I will continue to speak my mind too :rofl:

Last edited:

dfj

On the Ice
Just noticed this thread...she's a bit of a stunner all right!! Really lovely.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
You know how when someone points something out that you didn't see before and then after that you can't help but notice it?

Well, when I first looked at this picture I thought "oh, pretty picture". Then Toni pointed out that her arm looks weird so I went back to look at it and now everytime I look at that picture all I notice is the blue arm that also looks extra big or distorted! You ruined it for me Toni! LOL! :rofl: