2019-20 GP and JGP Final: Day 1 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2019-20 GP and JGP Final: Day 1

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oops sorry lol

I totally forgot this is the day 1 thread!!!

I even thought it was Saturday this morning for some reason, i'm cracking up

I lived. ISU spoils the results anyway by still insisting of loading the videos of the three winners like five minutes after the event with pictures and names under them. :palmf:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
In short....yes they absolutely do �� but to the surprise of probably no one, Yuzu is clearly pressed about being in second and is pulling out some wild quad axel attempts at practice this morning. One I saw had a horrible fall, I’m obviously not a coach but it seems really kind of irresponsible at this point when he has no intention of putting it his program and his biggest rival is like ten point ahead and isn’t easily intimidated...why risk injury?!

Yeah, I heard about and then saw those rather scary 4A attempts, and by his own admission practicing that it caused him to mess up his 3A in the FS (costing him about 17 points had he done a 3A-3A). It's been a while since he's only landed one clean 3A in a competition. I'm not sure what the rationale was, maybe he felt he needed to pull out all the stops (still Chen was still untouchable). I get him wanting to put the 4A in some day, his fans are eager for him to do it, and he's pretty close to rotating it sufficiently... but there's a time and a place, and the morning of the GPF FS was not it. I know Brian wasn't there, and not sure who was at the boards for said practice, but yikes, he needed to rein that in. At least he didn't injure himself and was thus still able to get his 4Z done and 5 quads goal met.