Should I start posting here again?

B

BronzeisGolden02

Re: Should I start posting here again?

Welcome back, Fetal!

D

dlksk8fan

Fetal welcome back I missed your funny face:)

A

alison88

Fetal!
Yes........so glad to see you here again.

HUGS,
Alison.

F

FetalAttraction

I do feel the need to warn ya'll that I may not stay for long. Here's an excerpt from a letter from Paula to me:<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Once again, you need to tone things down. Before you even began posting
again (if you do), please change your signature file so that there is not a
damn word in there pertaining to GOD, JESUS, ALLAH, MOSES, ISIS, etc.........NO RELIGION!!!!!!

You may make a big entrance and giggle at being a bad boy, but I'm warning you, keep the religious [crap] OUT of the forum - including subtle undertones.[/quote]I am not allowed to mention religion, not even subtly. Thank um... goodness that I didn't get in trouble for stirring up ethnic divides, or I'd never be able to mention the fact that Michelle Kwan is Asiatic. So from now on when I feel the need to broach on the Forbidden Topic, I will use the other forums instead.

I

Idleracer

[c]<font size=4><font color="#A818A8">Can we be sure that this the real FetalAttraction, or an imposter? What's getting me suspicious is the fact that I'm not seeing links to any "Let's Make Fun Of Jesus, Buddah, Mohammed and Krïsnâ" forums at the bottom of his post.
I'm dubious!

F

FetalAttraction

My previous post on this thread explains the suspicious vacuum of references to the Forbidden Topic. Maybe I change signature to make fun of patriotism from now on. Patriotism is becoming the new [reference to Forbidden Topic], I see plenty of things to lampoon about it. Let me try...

Hints from Fetalouise:
Q. How do you burn the American flag and have a hard-boiled patriot applaud you for it?
A. You cut up the flag into tiny strips, then sew it back together as the French flag. After all, they're made of the same colors!

G

Grgranny

Talk about burning flags, if people wouldn't make a fuss about it, no one would have a reason to burn a flag. Think about it.

E

Excidra2001

I see no reason why we can't discuss religion(not in this folder though) but making fun of them? I'm not willing to take part in it. I don't expect anyone to make fun of my religion and the religions of others.

Fetal, what kind of satisfaction do you find in making fun of things?

F

FetalAttraction

Making fun of things is fun. Besides, satire and parody is a whimsical call to arms for those of us who want to see society change for the better. Don't get it? Too bad. Don't agree? Whatever.

T

tharrtell

Hints from Fetalouise: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: How about being the next Miss. Manners too?

D

DORISPULASKI

Fetal, So very, very glad to see you back and ready to start us off on some interesting and slightly skewed voyages into the wilder side of skating. World's commentary would have been woefully lacking if you had not come back.

Welcome, welcome, welcome

dpp

L

ladybug

Welcome back Fetal. You came back and posted for one day and your topic is already on page two. You must be doing something right. ;)

G

GSK8

Welcome back Fetal

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I was going to call this thread "I made over 1000 long, thoughtful, content-filled posts and all I got was a lousy suspension?" But that's too long, kinda bitter, and not very on point.[/quote]

Yeah, too long and bitter. No need for that now as there is enough of it internationally. Plus, your <em>above</em> that, don't ya' think?

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I've had a few invitations to come back to this board now that my suspension is over. And why not? After all, I post essays on this board the quality and length of grad school papers. Disagree? Too bad. Get offended? Call a mod.[/quote]

Well I know that two of your invitations were mine. Although I may have to suspend someone I make it my task as the Admin to ensure the person is aware of when it is up. No grudges here - just ask that people follow the <a href="http://goldenskate.com/forum/guidelines.shtml" target="top"><strong>guidelines</strong></a>.

As for your <em>essays</em>, I would have to disagree. Though you are well-versed and knowledgeable in figure skating, most of your essays have been about other <em>unrelated</em> things that we shant reminisce about, okie? You're last comment about "calling" a mod reinforces your bitterness. You may direct that towards me. I am the one that suspended you for breaking the guidelines - you got my emails - refer back to them.

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Now the last part is the part I want to discuss. I heard tale that this board has become even more restrictive since I left. I heard like there is now an army of mods monitoring the board and signatures are getting banned left and right (pun intended). So I'm very wary of returning to this board. What do ya'll think?[/quote]

Yep, that's a yarn alright. Or at least someone else's opinion. Due to the ratio of posters I found it necessary to have more moderators. Joe has to sleep sometime, right?

As for restrictions. Nope. Nothing else has changed or been implemented. In answer to your sig file? ONLY <strong>you</strong>. It violated the guidelines along with some of your comments.

Weary of returning? That means you have a conscious and know that you were a bad boy. I didn't ban you - I suspended you. There's a nice protest thread about that somewhere around here, but hey, nothing in the post violated the <a href="http://goldenskate.com/forum/guidelines.shtml" target="top"><strong>guidelines</strong></a>. so who am I to get upset? Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Remember that the posters are all unique (hence the <a href="http://goldenskate.com/forum/guidelines.shtml" target="top"><strong>guidelines</strong></a>.), which can result in an entertaining and informative forum - if you let it.

R

realistic51

FetalAttraction

I'd say welcome back but I didn't even notice you were gone. :rolleyes:

Does that upset you? I doubt it. Do I care? Not really. Will I read your lengthy diatribes? Probably. Will I agree with them? Hardly ever.

With that said, welcome back! :rollin:

(some of us can be as cynical and sarcastic as others)

Seriously, it's nice to have you back, FetalAttraction.:D

D

Dee4707

Fetal, I haven't been in the chatroom since you left.:lol: :lol:

Dee

A

Aloft02

Welcome back, Fetal!! Life has been like a taco without salsa while you were gone. I'm so glad you're back!

K

Kara Bear

The chatroom has been empty every time I checked since Fetal left

D

Dee4707

Fetal, just wanted to let you know that everytime I see Michelle's dress at National's (I think) I always think about you when you said it looked like someone threw oatmeal at her while she was skating by. Just made me laugh.

Dee

M

mike79

Welcome back Fetal. It's about time.